Which do you enjoy more: Anime or Manga

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
R-Myra
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-myra.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Re: Which do you enjoy more: Anime or Manga

Post by R-Myra »

Anirudh Badri wrote: 17 Aug 2017, 15:22 While I enjoy both anime and manga, I prefer to read the manga in most cases simply because the progression of the story in anime is usually very slow and I can control the pace of the manga far better.

What do you think? Which do you enjoy more and why?
I'll agree with this. Anime take the story quite slowly which doesn't work for me at all.
-R
GabbiV
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces you have to read before you die, vol 2
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabbiv.html
Latest Review: Of Illusions and Ink Spills by Divya Hirani
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by GabbiV »

Doaa Wael wrote: 08 Oct 2017, 16:38 I love manga, it is compelling, but sometimes anime can be done exceptionally well. Death note, for example, was such a phenomenal anime, i feel i wouldn't have enjoyed a manga version of it. I am not sure but i feel so, so i think the medium depends on the nature of te work.
Ah wow, I have the exact opposite opinion haha. I feel like text heavy media is easier to digest as manga because it's pace is determined by the person reading, while anime doesn't let the audience rest to really think about what's happening. But yes I think the subject matter determines which is more way is more enjoyable, for instance, a fast-paced action story would benefit from anime and be kind of dull on paper.
rnraa99
Currently Reading: Call Me by Your Name
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by rnraa99 »

I enjoy both for different reasons. For anime I like how the character and animations comes alive but what i dislike about anime is that some lack story depth especially if i read the manga of an anime adaptation.
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy »

Since I have never read manga before, I will have to say anime. My favorite anime is Akame ga kill. full metal alchemist is also good.
love_b00ks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-love-b00ks.html
Latest Review: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace by Julie Penshorn

Post by love_b00ks »

Anime! Though it is fine reading manga but I'd rather watch than read in this instance.
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Post by Mely918 »

I prefer anime, simply because I could never get used to reading manga. I was also never one for reading graphic novels or comics, and reading manga is kind of similar to me.
IntrovertBooklover
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-introvertbooklover.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by IntrovertBooklover »

I like both anime and manga because they are great.
SingularityRising
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by SingularityRising »

You don't have to put up with constant flashbacks when you read the Manga :p
PlanetHauth
Currently Reading: Celebrity
Bookshelf Size: 766
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-planethauth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by PlanetHauth »

I enjoy both, but tend to opt for manga, because then I don't have to deal with voice actors I feel don't fit the role. I usually prefer subtitled anime, but sometimes I want to multitask while watching TV.
“Don’t adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.”
-Bilbo Baggins
simplymica26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simplymica26.html
Latest Review: Devilish by Tricia Barr

Post by simplymica26 »

I enjoy both Anime and Manga. Normally, I always check if the Anime has been completed so that I can watch it in one go. If it is not yet completed, I go to Manga version and read it first. 😊
Morgan Jones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgan-jones.html
Latest Review: Fate Won't Compromise by Catherine Blakely

Post by Morgan Jones »

Definitely the Manga because the plot is always more detailed and flexible than the limited time of an Anime.
"Reading is a conversation. All books talk. But a good book listens as well." - Mark Haddon
AaronDesu

Post by AaronDesu »

Sup guys. Id agree with all of you for who says Manga over anime! Yeah exactly what some are saying Anime Adaptions probably Cuts scenes in between. Personally id like to know the whole thing. Manga which are adapted from Light Novels (Original Work) id like to read them as well! Illustrations are pretty Good sometimes as well. Plus its the original work! It goes even further than the Manga its perfect for My curiousity lol. And btw does this website have Light Novels or Manga?
Stephen_hu

Post by Stephen_hu »

I like anime more, I only read manga when I was wondering what is going to happen next.
shunmonter1

Post by shunmonter1 »

Actually i do enjoy by reading manga and the same time watching anime, maybe in manga its more detailed than the anime but in manga you need to buy it books store you will spend lots of money rather than the anime you just watch it in youtube or other sites it is less expensive and its more nice to watch the actually story than flipping every page of the book. so, i choose anime
Aubrey Lewis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aubrey-lewis.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Aubrey Lewis »

I'm a huge fan of both, actually. The two of them have their own pros and cons. If I have to choose though, I'll go with the anime. Since I love the adventure genre, I like seeing the fight/battle scenes animated on screen and to hear all their sounds and voices. The fillers may be a pain (which is why I prefer the manga when it comes to this aspect), but I enjoy them nonetheless.

Return to “Films and Books”