BOOKS YOU WISH WERE MOVIES

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Nisha Ward
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Re: BOOKS YOU WISH WERE MOVIES

Post by Nisha Ward »

I know a bunch of Terry Pratchett books have already been made into films or miniseries, but I'd love to see Witches Abroad and Lords and Ladies adapted. They're loosely connected to each other and absolute delights in deconstructing fairy tales.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.
Farheen Malik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-farheen-malik.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Farheen Malik »

I really wish that The Selection series by Kiera Cass were turned into movies.
Chelsey Coles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsey-coles.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chelsey Coles »

Slammerkin by Emma Donoghue. Prostitution and women's struggles during Industrial England. Can't wait! :P
“It's far less important to me to be liked these days than to be understood.” :sad-teareye:
― Lionel Shriver, We Need to Talk About Kevin
Chelsey Coles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsey-coles.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chelsey Coles »

dianabooks wrote: 31 Jul 2018, 14:32 Unwind by Neal Shusterman
ABSOLUTELY!!!
“It's far less important to me to be liked these days than to be understood.” :sad-teareye:
― Lionel Shriver, We Need to Talk About Kevin
Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Magnify3 »

I am still hoping that Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers could be turned into a movie. Then again I don't mind sticking to the book.
Azariah Scott
Favorite Author: Azariah Scott
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 177689

Post by Azariah Scott »

Vault Dweller wrote: 25 Sep 2009, 15:03 I would love to see Altered Carbon, by Richard Morgan, turned into a movie, or a video game. It would rock.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been a Drizzt Do'Urden flick yet. If done correctly, I think that would be a cool "summer blockbuster" type movie, with plenty of material for sequels, and a built in fan base.
Netflix sort of fulfilled that...?

This kind of thread is cool in how far back it goes and what's come out since it was created.

I know they tried with Percy Jackson, I just wished they tried harder like what was done with Harry Potter.
Brandt
Currently Reading: Under the Dome
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandt.html
Latest Review: Eggstravagant Easter Eggs by Maya Elston

Post by Brandt »

I would love to see one of Shari Lapena's thrillers adapted to screen. They're pretty short so I don't think much would have to be left out in terms of material which would be nice. Most of my other favorites that I would love adapted to screen would need to be TV series as I would hate to have my favorite parts left out!
Meredithesme
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Meredithesme »

Bowlie wrote: 24 Sep 2009, 00:56 I would love for Anne McCaffrey's Pern books to be made into a quality movie or miniseries. I don't think it'll ever happen though--telepathic dragons are not a doable thing in my opinion.

I would like to see Life of Pi made into a movie which I actually think might be in the works.
Any of Anne McCaffrey’s books would be awesome in movie format!
Hugo_W
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teddyj.html
Latest Review: The Greatest Game Ever Played...Maybe by Otto L. Wheeler

Post by Hugo_W »

Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. It was already a movie, but I wish it were a better one - every change they made in the adaptation, i didn't prefer at all, LOL.
Also Witchmark by CL Polk - I'm just now finishing it, and the writing is so, so good. I'd love to see it made into a visually appealing action-fantasy. Plus it would be a bit more LGBT rep in the film industry!!
mariana90
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana90.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by mariana90 »

The Mistborn series! Though I would like it to be turned into a TV series, not a movie.
RoxieReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxiereads.html
Latest Review: Code Name Lily by Julien Ayotte

Post by RoxieReads »

I would love to have a Diviners series by Libba Bray film adaptation! These books have so much important plot detail that I think would make the movie incredibly long, so I think that they would be more suited to become a series.
~Roxie~
jkmalik
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by jkmalik »

I kind of wish Meg Cabot's Heather Wells series was made into a movie. I just like the mysteries, the wit (albeit at times stale and redundant), and the romantic progression of Heather and Cooper.
klarrysah_223
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by klarrysah_223 »

I love to see Sorcery and Cecelia, The Grand Tour and The Mislaid Magician get turned into movies, or a mini series might be better, so none of the small details get lost.
DD129
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dd129.html
Latest Review: The Message? by Avam Hale

Post by DD129 »

I would love it if the Falling Kingdoms series was turned into movies! So much goes on in that series, and I keep hearing that it's basically "Game of Thrones but for younger audiences".
Dan_Wellock
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dan-wellock.html
Latest Review: Finding A Job in Tough Times by Dr. Tim Johnson

Post by Dan_Wellock »

I have been really hoping that a movie adaptation from the books of The Belgariad could become reality for a long time. However, due to lack of enough recognition and popularity (it is a very popular series, but was mostly renowned in the 20th century), I do not expect it to become a film any time soon.

Return to “Films and Books”