BOOKS YOU WISH WERE MOVIES

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
mokey
Bookshelf Size: 0

BOOKS YOU WISH WERE MOVIES

Post by mokey »

I KEEP WAITING FOR NECROMANCER. WHAT OTHER BOOKS DO YOU CRAVE AN ADAPTION?
booklover7809

Post by booklover7809 »

I think Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky (war, history)
or Tyrannosaur Canyon by Douglas Preston (action/adventure)
would make great movies.

I've reviewed these at my blogspot called Booklover Book Reviews.

booklover7809
Bowlie

Post by Bowlie »

I would love for Anne McCaffrey's Pern books to be made into a quality movie or miniseries. I don't think it'll ever happen though--telepathic dragons are not a doable thing in my opinion.

I would like to see Life of Pi made into a movie which I actually think might be in the works.
Woodland Nymph

Post by Woodland Nymph »

I would love to see Anne Rice's The Vampire Lestat made into a movie. If that ever did happen, hopefully it would be something like the Interview with the Vampire movie was, instead of that monstrosity of a film, Queen of the Damned.

I would also love to see Tithe by Holly Black on the big screen and The Saga of Gösta Berling by Selma Lagerlöf. The later was already made into an amazing movie back in 1924, but I am curious to see what modern film makers would do with it. However, it is an extremely difficult story to capture on film.
mokey

Post by mokey »

AFTER THE SUCCESS OF SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE THERE MIGHT BE MORE INTEREST IN MAKING A FILM THAT FOCUSES ON ONE OF THE BURGEONING POPULATIONS AND ECONOMIES IN THE WORLD--BESIDES IT IS INDEED A CAPTIVATING TALE.

VAMPIRE LESTAT---FOUND A GRAPHIC NOVEL THAT DOES A PRETTY GOOD TREATMENT OF THE NOVEL. VERY ADAPTABLE.

WITH COMPUTER IMAGING TELEPATHIC DRAGONS ARE VERY DOABLE.
Bowlie

Post by Bowlie »

mokey wrote: WITH COMPUTER IMAGING TELEPATHIC DRAGONS ARE VERY DOABLE.
I still have a feeling it would come out really corny! LOL!
Vault Dweller

Post by Vault Dweller »

I would love to see Altered Carbon, by Richard Morgan, turned into a movie, or a video game. It would rock.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been a Drizzt Do'Urden flick yet. If done correctly, I think that would be a cool "summer blockbuster" type movie, with plenty of material for sequels, and a built in fan base.
Nativelyfe

Post by Nativelyfe »

Airborn by Kenneth Oppel!
Lainey1978

Post by Lainey1978 »

I would like to see at least one Xanth book made into a movie. It's come close a few times, but so far no dice. I don't know why!
LauraH

Post by LauraH »

Bowlie wrote: I would like to see Life of Pi made into a movie which I actually think might be in the works.
Yes, I think it is too- if not was from many many years ago.

I'd like to see Calling Home by Janna McMahon as a movie. It would definitely be a drama- though maybe even a Lifetime movie... but even though most would not admit to liking Lifetime movies... some of them are great! For example: Speak was phenominal.
Moore

Post by Moore »

i'd like to see a new book by Dan Brown on the Screen - the Symbol. It's going to be on more exciting film. The previuos two were really great and i enjoyed them a lot. I think the next one won't be worse. :D
Last edited by Moore on 23 Oct 2009, 09:25, edited 1 time in total.
Lainey1978

Post by Lainey1978 »

Now that I just finished reading The Loch by Steve Alten, I think it would make a great movie!
Traycee

Post by Traycee »

The Belgariad by Eddings, though it would have to be a series of movies or perhaps a television show. Like what they did with Terry Goodkinds books
scrambled eggs

Post by scrambled eggs »

I'd like to recommend The YES Movie, which will also be a book by the same title, is currently in post production and set for completion in early 2009.

First it draw my attention be
The film is a is the brainchild of Young Entrepreneur Society founder-Louis Lautman. It is a business documentary of young entrepreneurs, filled with inspiring stories.This movie will serve as the catalyst that will light within each individual what is possible for them.

Bob Proctor The author of '' The Secret'' also featured in the film, more details go to theyesmovie dot com
johnny ferg

Post by johnny ferg »

the hunt for atlantis would make an excellant movie. eddie chase and nina wilde are two excellant characters

Return to “Films and Books”