TV series and book - Big Little Lies

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
CaitlynLynch
Currently Reading: Conquering Writer's Block and Summoning Inspiration
Bookshelf Size: 3245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlynlynch.html
Latest Review: The Hand That Feeds You by Amos Cartell
Reading Device: B01AZ7LQ00

TV series and book - Big Little Lies

Post by CaitlynLynch »

I'd already finished watching the TV series (starring Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman, among many other stars) and absolutely loved it, before I found out it was a book by Australian author Liane Moriarty. Having now read the book, which was just different enough from the TV series to keep me intrigued, I'm keen to read more by this author. Has anyone read any of her other books, and which would you recommend?
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

I read the book and also watched the series. I doubt I could choose which one I liked best. They were both done so well. I've read a few others, and I really like that the author includes so many suspenseful moments! The Husband's Secret is also really good!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
MichelleP1708
Currently Reading: Night Stand
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by MichelleP1708 »

I absolutely LOVED the HBO series. I thought the overall tone and pacing of the series was compelling and the performances kept me engaged and watching. I loved the book as well but but preferred the series.
ebethina
Currently Reading: Homeport
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebethina.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly

Post by ebethina »

No I have not read anything by this author before. I have been eyeing her book for awhile because I know their is a series on tv. I just can't seem to get myself interested.
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly
Starrlibra
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Starrlibra »

I'm yet to start this one too, glad to know it's not bad
RebeccasReading
Currently Reading: I, Richard Plantagenet
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebeccasreading.html
Latest Review: Man of the Sea by Nathan Kippley

Post by RebeccasReading »

All of her books are fantastic. The Husband's Secret is probably the best one (though I may be biased because that was the first book I read by her).

I'm curious what the HBO show is going to do in Season 2 since Season 1 covered the entire plot of the book. Has anyone heard if the author will be involved in writing Season 2?

Return to “Films and Books”