Vampire Diaries

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
P0werfull12
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Vampire Diaries

Post by P0werfull12 »

It was a great movie., cheers to the makers
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

I actually never read the books. I have a friend who said only the first few were from the original author, and then they had someone ghostwrite the rest of the series because her contract was up. That alone made me stay away from it. I can't stand publishers that do not stand by their authors.

I did enjoy the TV series until the last two seasons. It grew too complicated and strayed too far from the original concept. I never finished the last season. I was actually bored. :(
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
Kyleigh Cok
Favorite Book: A Court of Thorns and Roses
Currently Reading: A Court of Wings and Ruin
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Kyleigh Cok »

I watched all 8 seasons of the series, and for me it went downhill post season 5/6. I didn’t like where they took the plot or the relationships between characters. I was recently gifted all of the books, but haven’t brought myself to read them yet since i’ve heard they are completely different and not as interesting as the TV show.
navyapindi
Currently Reading: Insurgent
Bookshelf Size: 234

Post by navyapindi »

I didn't read the books but I completed the TV series. I liked it very much. The series indeed grew somewhat boring after season 4, but it did not stop me from watching completely. The question that what happens at the end kept me watching.
tj doxa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by tj doxa »

I loved vampire dairies but the moment i discovered both brothers were having intimate relationship with one lady i lost interest in it.
Tehreem Tanveer
Favorite Book: The Fault in Our Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tehreem-tanveer.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Tehreem Tanveer »

I never liked Vampire Diaries to be honest, and watched a few episodes after my best friend recommended the series to me. Unfortunately, the series did not make sense to me. No offense to anyone who adores it :D However, I liked the acting and the cinematography.
WhiteLotus
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 1019
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whitelotus.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by WhiteLotus »

I actually watched the show and read the books.

The show was really good up until the last season, which I felt kind of just sucked. The main actress left and they had to work around it and that kind of ruined it. It's a pity.
The first few books, the ones written by the author, were good for a young-adult vampire romance series, but the ones that were ghostwritten were just awful in my opinion. It went from "I really like these series" to "what the heck am I reading?" really fast.
RawRis1124
Currently Reading: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by RawRis1124 »

I didn't realize there was a book. I used to watch the show every week, but I thought it was discontinued. I had started watching The Originals, but ended up getting sidetracked and not finishing it.
Mini24

Post by Mini24 »

I must admit. I didn't like reading until I came across this book. I really love this book. Vampire Diaries is my all time favourite.
BENARD621
Currently Reading:

Post by BENARD621 »

i watch it untill when everybody was like super natural and also they let elena die
Charlie19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlie19.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Charlie19 »

Hello there, i am well..thank you for asking.
I watched vampire diaries before because my daughter likes it, it is an okay film for me, very suitable for teenagers.
Monet_va
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monet-va.html
Latest Review: Cowboys Don't Fly by John Steed

Post by Monet_va »

I really enjoyed the vampire diaries up until season 6. Thereafter things took a bit of a turn for the worse. I've read the books too, and while both are good, I don't think I can compare them. The series is based off of the books, but there is very little similarity when it comes to story line and I think the series did tell a better story.
alize-alize
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by alize-alize »

I have watched the series of vampire dairies it is one of the thrilling and fiction based tv show, that one could get really excited.basically this tv show depicts about the existence of vampires in our world. Any ways i really like this drama. And can blindly recommend you to must watch it and read the book as well.
Cybbie_09
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cybbie-09.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Cybbie_09 »

atina_abd wrote: 04 Jan 2017, 11:05 Hello there everybody, how are you today?
Any of you here follow the vampire diaries tv show? Have you guys read the books? What do you think about the tv version? I personally have watched the series till season 4 but stopped because of the changing main characters? Do you guys think the tv series did any justice to the book? And are the books any good?

Have a nice day :D
I've never read the books but I have loved the series from start to finish. I know its a big change when The Originals came in but their story brought in a really cool arc. You should finish it up :)
cassibear13

Post by cassibear13 »

Personally, I think that the book characters and the T.V. show characters are different in their personalities. At least the characters from the first book are, I honestly didn't love the book so I didn't continue reading them but I did watch all of the T.V. series. I think that if you're in love with how the characters are in the T.V show then you might not like the books as much and vise versa.

Return to “Films and Books”