Harry Potter

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
BlossomWrites
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Harry Potter

Post by BlossomWrites »

I am more of a reader than a watcher so it's only expected that I love the books more than the movies. I read all 7 parts of Harry Potter before watching the movie. As expected, there were many important details that were left out in the movie. Reading a book allows you to direct the scenes in your head and makes you more involved in the whole process...
aliceriddle
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aliceriddle.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by aliceriddle »

I love Harry Potter, and it undoubtedly became a part of my life, haha. I absolutely love the universe that J.K has created for us.
AJMcD
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajmcd.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by AJMcD »

I'm really looking forward to the new Fantastic Beasts movie :)

Harry Potter was such a big part of my childhood, so I really hope the don't mess it up.
The BookWorm Nagham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-bookworm-nagham.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by The BookWorm Nagham »

I have read and watched Harry Potter at least 10 times. And i still reread some chapters and watch the movies whenever they're on TV. My favorite book is the 3rd one "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban". I bought the cursed child book but stopped reading it after 2 chapters. And I watched Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them, but nothing beats the original HP series, I plan on introducing them to my children one day.
RebeccasReading
Currently Reading: I, Richard Plantagenet
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebeccasreading.html
Latest Review: Man of the Sea by Nathan Kippley

Post by RebeccasReading »

Julie Ditton wrote: 06 Jan 2017, 23:53 I have to agree, this series of movies actually did the books justice. That doesn't happen often. I loved "Cursed Child". Hopefully, after the play has had its run in West End it will be turned into a movie as well.
I keep trying to get tickets to see it on Broadway! It's sold out.
Jaycee95

Post by Jaycee95 »

I love Harry Potter movies! But i never read the books. I plan to though!
minkajane
Currently Reading: Artemis Fowl Collection
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-minkajane.html
Latest Review: Trip to Adele by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer

Post by minkajane »

I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan. I have read all the books multiple times, own all the movies, have a HP tattoo and personalized license plate, and my kids and I are going to the Wizarding World for the first time in June, which I am SO excited for! My 6yo daughter and I have been getting the illustrated books from the library and reading them together. We just finished Chamber of Secrets and she LOVED it.

I really enjoyed the first Fantastic Beasts movie, but I'm a bit wary of the next one. I don't like the fact that Dumbledore and Grindlewald's relationship won't be addressed and I think Johnny Depp is just plain wrong for the part.
uyky
Favorite Author: Charles de Lint
Currently Reading: Tapping the Dream Tree
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uyky.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
fav_author_id: 6861

Post by uyky »

I read all of the Harry Potter books many, many times. Except Deadly Hollows, which is low on my list of favourite books. I disliked the movies, though. They just could match to my imagination, which is understandable.
Mailis
Currently Reading: The Employee Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mailis.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Mailis »

I think the movies and books complement each other very well. I loved the books as a kid and rediscovered the magic all over again when they were our bedtime read for my son. And to see the excitement when he found all the movies after that as well. I think because he didn´t have to wait for them to come to cinemas, one at time once a year, but had a chance to really see them continuously, they really managed to have a proper effect on him. He still sometimes wears a Harry Potter costume to school, when it´s choose your fave character to be day or something.
Petru

Post by Petru »

The harry potter books are the best books. Iread all of them before i watched the movies and i saw that the books are much better. In the movies they missed out alot of imortant parts.
kemp1kor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemp1kor.html
Latest Review: Temptation Trials Revolution by B. Truly
Reading Device: B00GNKRFEA

Post by kemp1kor »

I'm a huge fan of the Harry Potter books and movies. In this case I read the books first and I'm always disappointed by how much they miss in the movies, but I'm well aware that they can't possibly fit all of that information in a 2 to 3 hour film. I also really enjoyed watching Fantastic Beasts.
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Post by ayoomisope »

I have seen all the movies but I haven't read any of the books though. I keep the entire franchise on my external hard drive and I intend to re-watch from time to time . I intend to show my children as well.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
JodyVamp
Currently Reading: Undone
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jodyvamp.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by JodyVamp »

The movies were good, but I envy you watching them without reading first. You can enjoy them without being mad at all the changes and massive amounts of missing material. The books are 1000x better than the films. Fantastic Beasts is based on a "textbook" so there's no real plot to read, so you aren't missing out there. I'd still recommend checking it out as it has some cool info and each purchase donates to charity, but I has no bearing on the film series.
JodyVamp
Currently Reading: Undone
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jodyvamp.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by JodyVamp »

kemp1kor wrote: 09 Feb 2018, 22:21 I'm a huge fan of the Harry Potter books and movies. In this case I read the books first and I'm always disappointed by how much they miss in the movies, but I'm well aware that they can't possibly fit all of that information in a 2 to 3 hour film. I also really enjoyed watching Fantastic Beasts.
Exactly how I feel! I wish it would be made into a TV series already, but I highly doubt that will ever happen. The later books are just far too large for movies and even the tiny childish ones that started the series left out cool stuff like Peeves. :cry:
Joanna1402

Post by Joanna1402 »

I am a really huge fan of Harry Potter. I have seen all the movies and already read all the books. The best thing is, the movies are exactly like the books. Usually when they make a movie about a book they recreate the story and modify so many things. But Harry Potter The Movie or Harry Potter The Book is just like the same.

Return to “Films and Books”