Fantastic beasts J.K. Rowling

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
NiyahFactor
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Fantastic beasts J.K. Rowling

Post by NiyahFactor »

I have never read the book but I have seen the movie. And let me tell you it was fantastic....pun intended. It brings back nostalgia from Harry Potter movies.
kemp1kor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemp1kor.html
Latest Review: Temptation Trials Revolution by B. Truly
Reading Device: B00GNKRFEA

Post by kemp1kor »

I love it when I can pick out things from a movie that other people (who haven't read the book) may not understand. I really enjoyed Fantastic Beasts and I think having read the Harry Potter series makes it even better.
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Post by ayoomisope »

I saw the movie. I loved it even though most didn't. Looking forward to the next installment with Jude Law as Dumbledore.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
writtenbetweenthelin
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by writtenbetweenthelin »

L.o.v.e.! The characters are so much deeper than the ones from Harry Potter itself!
DustinPBrown
Currently Reading: My Family and Other Animals
Bookshelf Size: 309
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dustinpbrown.html
Latest Review: It's Never Water Under the Bridge by Rianne Moss

Post by DustinPBrown »

The movie was great! I loved seeing a different world from just Hogwarts, and seeing adults using actual magic in their daily lives was a treat. Plus I'm a big Redmayne fan and think he did a great job in his role. The real life book actually has nothing to do with the movie, there's no reason to read it except as a little bonus to learn more about the creatures in the film.
Kieran_Obrien
Currently Reading: Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kieran-obrien.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Kieran_Obrien »

Thought the movie was very boring. The baker was the best character with the best arc which is odd because that should be left for the main character! Wasn't too impressed with minutes upon minutes spent showing off CGI beasts of no relevance to the plot, which itself was no fun
JodyVamp
Currently Reading: Undone
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jodyvamp.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by JodyVamp »

I loved the first movie and am excited to see the second. It really has nothing to do with the "book" as that was just a pretend textbook listing various creatures with the main characters' notes scribbled in here and there. The movie series has an actual plot and the creatures from the book are just background half the time. In the first movie, Newt is supposedly releasing one of his creature to its homeland, and a couple others escape and have to be recaptured, but it mainly concerns muggles, not all of them good, getting mixed up with magic and the damage having to be repaired, especially given the shady wizards involved. It's basically a 5 part series leading up to Voldemort going to Hogwarts as far as I understand it, though I could be wrong.
R-Myra
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-myra.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by R-Myra »

I saw the movie and it was more than I expected. Full of magical creatures and interesting characters. It blew away my mind.
-R
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

I haven't had the chance to read this one yet. But oh, what a movie this turned out to be! I can't wait to watch part 2 with more of Grindelwald in it. Bring it on! :)
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:

Post by ayoomisope »

NiyahFactor wrote: 04 Feb 2018, 14:50 I have never read the book but I have seen the movie. And let me tell you it was fantastic....pun intended. It brings back nostalgia from Harry Potter movies.
I enjoyed the movie, especially Eddie Redmayne's performance. However, I never liked the inclusion of a Johnny Depp cameo in the movie.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:

Post by ayoomisope »

Samy Lax wrote: 03 Mar 2018, 12:06 I haven't had the chance to read this one yet. But oh, what a movie this turned out to be! I can't wait to watch part 2 with more of Grindelwald in it. Bring it on! :)
The second installment is going to be great. I'm anticipating Jude Law's performance as Dumbledore.
― Charles William Eliot
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:

Post by ayoomisope »

I'm not sure I like the idea J.K. Rowlings adds to the Harry Potter lore. What do you think about the addition of a relationship between Dumbledore and Grindelwald (as it is rumoured)?
― Charles William Eliot
rusalka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rusalka.html
Latest Review: The Buried Secrets of Peonies by Mernegar Dorgoly

Post by rusalka »

I haven’t read it either, admittedly I’ve been slacking, the book is right there on my shelf, but I do love me the movie!
anchor62
Currently Reading: The Hedgehog of Oz
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anchor62.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by anchor62 »

I'm the odd ball here. I've read the book, LOVE IT. I have yet to see the movie.
CheyenneR
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheyenner.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by CheyenneR »

Im a huge Harry Potter fan and was really excited to hear these films were coming out. I actually like how they were set in such different atmospheres. Its pretty cool to see another side to the wizarding world that I love so much.

Return to “Films and Books”