Fantastic beasts J.K. Rowling

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Harmony Hills
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0734">Anne of Green Gables</a>
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harmony-hills.html
Latest Review: "Alba" by B. E. Okoh

Re: Fantastic beasts J.K. Rowling

Post by Harmony Hills »

The book is just a list of beasts, nothing more. And the fun scribbles of Harry, Ron and Hermione ranting about Hagrid and other beasts HAHA.

The movie is great. I loved how they've thought of a spin off of Newt Scamander's adventures together with his fantastic beasts. And the No-Maj Mr. Jacob played the role well. It was funny, lighthearted and a stand alone film that need not have a background on Harry Potter (unless maybe for the spells). Heard that they were working with 4 more sequels so we better wait because Rowling doesn't want the wizarding world to stop turning.
“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ― Neil Gaiman, Coraline
Latest Review: "Alba" by B. E. Okoh
dhwanis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhwanis.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by dhwanis »

I have read the book and seen the movie. While the book is factual, the movie has a wonderful storyline of the author of the book. I am especially excited for the next movie as it will have Dumbledore in it!
Diana Welch
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Diana Welch »

The movie is really nice and fantastic.
Cin8685
Currently Reading: The Address
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cin8685.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Post by Cin8685 »

I usually read the book before the movies because the books are Always better, but the movie came out and I still had not gotten through the whole book. I loved loved loved the movie, so great! The book was just as good and I felt they were closely matched for the most part. I have heard they’re turning this series into a 6 part movie series. Not sure how true this is but I would be so excited if that really is the case!
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
ZeroChill
Currently Reading: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zerochill.html
Latest Review: "My Boogie board ride to Denmark" by Tedd Wallace

Post by ZeroChill »

I haven't read the book but I watched the movie and it was awesome. I recommend that you watch it quickly to keep yourself from curiosity
Latest Review: "My Boogie board ride to Denmark" by Tedd Wallace
CaitlinGonya
Currently Reading: Heart of Iron
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlingonya.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by CaitlinGonya »

I watched the movie and read the book at the same time. It was brilliant
AlyshaEMarie

Post by AlyshaEMarie »

The movie is absolutely fantastic! No pun intended.
I wish the book was an actual novel but its more of an encyclopedia type book.
Still a fun look into the world of Harry Potter. Who is excited for the second installment?! :D
Adedola
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Adedola »

I saw the movie! It was great! Can't wait to read the book!
Javier Campos
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2696">One Hundred Years of Solitude</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-javier-campos.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Javier Campos »

I hope the book is better because the movie was slow and a bit boring.
Annamikov
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annamikov.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Annamikov »

The movie is amazing. I definitely recommend watching it.
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Mouricia Allen
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Post by Mouricia Allen »

This movie was so good!! I loved how good the director was able to make the world come alive. I also loved how the actors were able to get so into the story. It was the best movie of the year for me.
RebeccasReading
Currently Reading: I, Richard Plantagenet
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebeccasreading.html
Latest Review: Man of the Sea by Nathan Kippley

Post by RebeccasReading »

Insomniac07 wrote: 02 Dec 2016, 07:13 This movie is probably my favorite one of all the Harry Potter movies. Newt is such a great character and his story is also very interesting. I'm already excited for the next film in the series. :icon-ugeek:
I actually enjoyed this movie more than most of the HP movies because it has it's own unique story. The HP movies are trying to live up to the books (which is impossible in my opinion). The Fantastic Beasts movie is an opportunity to create a whole new story. The book is just a listing of different magical animals--very cool and interesting but not an actual story.
The BookWorm Nagham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-bookworm-nagham.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by The BookWorm Nagham »

I haven't read the book but I did watch the movie, it was kind of boring, I expected more...
IffahRezali

Post by IffahRezali »

I already watched the movie and I personally love the movie so much! Well, who don't, right? Eddi Redmayne who also acted as a main character in "The Theory of Everything" and he's such a great actor, I instantly watch the movie. The story line is understandable and not complex, the plot twists in it are unexpected especially when I never thought that the orphan himself was the one who killed most people using dark magic. I didn't own thus didn't read the book yet because it's a bit pricey for me but the movie is excellent. I hope the upcoming sequels will be just as good.
whoisaida

Post by whoisaida »

Oh my god. Is there anything else that J. K Rowling can't do? She is the best author of all kind. I love her work. She wrote pieces of arts. She is an art living herself.

Fantastic beast is good. I love the character where the guy keeps a zoo inside his bag. All the beast are no average beast. They are all special creatures.

Return to “Films and Books”