What is your all-time favourite anime?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
nomadmadi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What is your all-time favourite anime?

Post by nomadmadi »

I watched the standard Shounin stuff such as One Piece, Naruto, Bleach and Detective Conan (Case closed).

However, if I'd have to choose a favorite then I'd say Death Note, Midori No Hibi, and One Piece.
Godwinvimalraj

Post by Godwinvimalraj »

There are so many anime that I like some are Dragon ball,Death note,Monster,Rurouni kenshin,Detective conan,Days,etc..
SpencerVo
Favorite Book: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spencervo.html
Latest Review: Lola the Buhund and the Father of Discord by Elbot Carman

Post by SpencerVo »

Natsume Yuujinchou. I am usually more intrigued by the fast-paced thriller genre but this anime gives me a whole new level of appreciation for a peaceful and slow life. It also features many adorable and admirable characters with their own stories and arcs. It is a beautiful tear jerker, as not in the sense of bawling your eyes out crying, but just dropping a few tears and smiling at the same time.

My other favorite animes are Black Butler, Gintama (an hilarious one), Pandora Hearts, and Death Note.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.
2015AirJordan

Post by 2015AirJordan »

Sonic X. Sonic The Hedgehog is my favorite video game character so why not my favorite anime?
BeautySuzy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beautysuzy.html
Latest Review: Getting Used to Success by H.J. Shalev

Post by BeautySuzy »

Ojamajo Doremi, since childhood and still my favourite so far.
Think outside of the books.
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

Sword Art Online and Attack on Titan are my favorites. Black Clover is working its way into my favorites too. I actually have a SAO tattoo on my arm xD Some others I have enjoyed are Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Accel World and Death Note. I found Naruto fun, but there was too much filler in the first series. Shippuden is better, and I am currently working my way through it.
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
boardj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boardj.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by boardj »

I love Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, Full Moon O Sagashite, Vampire Knight, Fruits Basket, Kamisama Kiss, and Ranma 1/2! I'm just getting into Noragami and I love it so far :3
Nisha Ward
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

Revolutionary Girl Utena. It's got its flaws but I love it so much. There's also Ouran High School Host Club, some Naruto arcs, Sailor Moon and the first Boogiepop series. I haven't seen the new one yet.
Taylor Danvers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor-danvers.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Taylor Danvers »

I loved barbie so much I watched a collection of almost 50 movies and still rewatched them and loved them more each time. I still remember the songs.
:happy-cheerleaderkid: :text-feedback: :text-welcomeconfetti:
boardj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boardj.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by boardj »

boardj wrote: 08 Feb 2019, 11:59 I love Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, Full Moon O Sagashite, Vampire Knight, Fruits Basket, Kamisama Kiss, and Ranma 1/2! I'm just getting into Noragami and I love it so far :3
Update: I finished Noragami and it was amazing!!! Can't wait for season 3 to come out this year!!
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

boardj wrote: 05 Mar 2019, 17:07
boardj wrote: 08 Feb 2019, 11:59 I love Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, Full Moon O Sagashite, Vampire Knight, Fruits Basket, Kamisama Kiss, and Ranma 1/2! I'm just getting into Noragami and I love it so far :3
Update: I finished Noragami and it was amazing!!! Can't wait for season 3 to come out this year!!
Have you tried Chobits?
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
SunVixen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunvixen.html
Latest Review: Tau Ceti: A Ship from Earth by George T. Hahn

Post by SunVixen »

"Slayers", "Inuyasha" and "The Seance Notes".
paigegreenpurba
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paigegreenpurba.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by paigegreenpurba »

As of right now, with my limited anime experience, my favorite is Naruto. So far what I've seen of Attack on Titan makes me think it might become my new favorite.
Tiger_Mask_19

Post by Tiger_Mask_19 »

I used to watch a lot of anime, but I got bored with the same old storyline. It was usually where some high school kid got or other youngling gets thrown into some situation and the fate of everything rides on him/her, it was not original.

But what got me back into anime/manga was One-Punch Man.

From then on I just watched whatever struck me fancy while reading the manga of various other anime.

I am currently reading/watching Kinnikuman because it's funny and it involves wrestling and I love anime that involves the combat arts.
Nisha Ward
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

Have you guys ever heard of Revolutionary Girl Utena? That and Madoka defined what I expect of anime now, and I'm never satisfied.

Oh, and the epic scale of Naruto.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.

Return to “Films and Books”