The last best sci-fi I saw.

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Rohit Dhanraj
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rohit-dhanraj.html

Icon The last best sci-fi I saw.

Post by Rohit Dhanraj »

The name of movie is "Interstellar".The starting was slow but it got in pace and have a higly intellectual story about time
treated as dimension.Director: Christopher Nolan is my favourite as I love most of his movie.The point when
they are in space and in fraction of time they get ahead of earth by 22 years and daughter of the lead actor become adult
is emotional. It all happen in fraction of time.I recommend all of you to watch this movie.
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

I also greatly enjoyed "Interstellar"! The most recent best sic-fi movie I saw was "The Martian" based on the novel of the same name by Andy Weir. Although the movie differed in parts from the book, I found it translated very well onto the big screen. Matt Damon portrayed the main character wonderfully and the overall plot was interesting, fun, and at times emotional! I would highly recommend watching the movie or reading the book!
Genaaa
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-genaaa.html
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera

Post by Genaaa »

It's not a movie but my absolutely favorite sci-fi show is Doctor Who. I started watching it years ago with my best friend and now it's become our thing to watch together.
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera
Ashley 1820
Currently Reading: Rebecca
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-1820.html

Post by Ashley 1820 »

The last one I saw was transcendence.....
Vivian Paschal
Favorite Author: John Grisham
Currently Reading: Southern Cross
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-paschal.html
Latest Review: What is priest Nation, The Seed, and the H5G by Herbert Scholes
fav_author_id: 2455

Post by Vivian Paschal »

I think it's X-men apocalypse, or maybe Assassin's Creed. Yes, X-men apocalypse should be it.
Bookwrm2095
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookwrm2095.html
Latest Review: "The Nobel Prize" by Mois benarroch

Post by Bookwrm2095 »

The recent Star Trek films. I know some people who would kill me for saying that, as they absolutely love the older series. For some reason I just can't get into it like they can. It feels a little slow paced for me, and I like things that don't delay too much in a story line or is stretched out.
Latest Review: "The Nobel Prize" by Mois benarroch
cjohns105
Currently Reading: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cjohns105.html
Latest Review: "The bible's last message to a dying world" by Khurshid ali

Post by cjohns105 »

Interstellar was one of the first ones that came to my mind as well. I'm surprised by how much I enjoy it because it has actually been a film that I can watch over and over again. Others that have been that way for me (whether I really liked them or not) were World War Z, Children of Men, and The Two Towers from LotR. I'm pretty about what qualifies as sci-fi though, as it has never been my main genre.
Latest Review: "The bible's last message to a dying world" by Khurshid ali
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Bookwrm2095 wrote:The recent Star Trek films. I know some people who would kill me for saying that, as they absolutely love the older series. For some reason I just can't get into it like they can. It feels a little slow paced for me, and I like things that don't delay too much in a story line or is stretched out.
I grew up watching all of the old Star Trek movies. I mean EVERY one. I personally enjoyed the new movies as well, though. I enjoyed seeing, especially with the first two, how they brought in elements from the original movies!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
blacksun77

Post by blacksun77 »

Matrix always the best
Renee24
Currently Reading: The Heist
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee24.html

Post by Renee24 »

Ok, I'm going to admit it, I'm a huge fan of the Avengers. Stan Lee is like a God when it comes to movies.lol

and I loved the last Star Treks, tho afraid I didn't get to see the very last one, and might be the very last one for that series, now that Chekov is not with us, may Anton rip. *sighs*
Infidel
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-infidel.html
Reading Device: B01BFIAY9C

Post by Infidel »

Have you seen The Expanse? Holy moly is it good. Season 2 is airing just now! It's politics and space and many describe it as Game of Thrones in space
Renee24

Post by Renee24 »

Infidel wrote:Have you seen The Expanse? Holy moly is it good. Season 2 is airing just now! It's politics and space and many describe it as Game of Thrones in space

drats, I don't have a tv or internet, maybe the library has it on dvd? Thanks for the headsup, sounds intriguing.
Infidel

Post by Infidel »

I don't think they have released it on DVD yet, and if so the library is unlikely to have it. They're just running the second season right now
Renee24

Post by Renee24 »

Thanks, well at least I'll have something to look forward too. lol
Infidel

Post by Infidel »

Read the Halo Series while you're waiting. The world building is amazing. They made the games first, but I found the books far more engaging and in depth than the games. There's all sorts of lore that goes into explaining the universe.

Return to “Films and Books”