"Beastly" The Movie vs. The Book?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Thebooknerd24
Bookshelf Size: 14

"Beastly" The Movie vs. The Book?

Post by Thebooknerd24 »

So one of the most recent books I've read has been "Beastly" by Alex Flinn. I have to confess though that before reading the book I went to see the movie when it came out to theaters just a few years back and I even made two of my friends go with me on the night it went to theaters. At the time I loved the movie and the day it went to DVD I bought it. I also have to confess I had no idea the movie was based on a book. I picked up the book a few weeks back, read it and now I am ashamed that I own the movie :oops: Most movies are never one hundred percent accurate but this movie really got the book all wrong and it's probably due to the fact that they picked crappy actors to play Kyle and Lindy. Anyway has anyone else read this book and seen the movie version?
arunadawn
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arunadawn.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by arunadawn »

I didn't know it was a book......On to Amazon!
Thebooknerd24
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Thebooknerd24 »

arunadawn wrote:I didn't know it was a book......On to Amazon!
Neither did I! Trust me the book was way better then the movie was! You are going to find a lot of differences and find yourself very disappointed in the movie. At least, that is how I felt after finishing the book haha!
Genaaa
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-genaaa.html
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera

Post by Genaaa »

I actually was not aware that this movie was originally a book because the first time I saw it was just one random time it was on TV. Definitely might check out the book though now that I know it exists.
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera
KatSims92
Currently Reading: The Beauty Myth
Bookshelf Size: 451
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katsims92.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by KatSims92 »

I've heard that the book is infinitely better than the movie, and I remember when the preview came out I was so excited, but the movie was not good. I look forward to reading the book though, because the premise is so imaginative.
Riszell
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 1041
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riszell.html
Latest Review: Chancing Hope by Lisa Slater

Post by Riszell »

Genaaa wrote: 10 Sep 2016, 02:20 I actually was not aware that this movie was originally a book because the first time I saw it was just one random time it was on TV. Definitely might check out the book though now that I know it exists.
Yeah, me too.
TaaraLynn
Currently Reading: To Selena, With Love
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taaralynn.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by TaaraLynn »

KatSims92 wrote: 23 Jun 2018, 14:44 I've heard that the book is infinitely better than the movie, and I remember when the preview came out I was so excited, but the movie was not good. I look forward to reading the book though, because the premise is so imaginative.
Yes, even though, the movie wasn't one of my favorites. The premise of it, I always find myself randomly thinking about it. So, now that I know it's a book, here I go to read it! :techie-studyinggray:
"Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren't so different. We saw the same sunset." - Ponyboy Curtis, The Outsiders
Nanig83006
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nanig83006.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by Nanig83006 »

The book. :roll: I read it with my husband (back when he was my boyfriend) and we were both excited when we learned it would become a film. We were then very disappointed with how it turned out. The only similarity was the Beauty and the Beast retelling and the names. The rest was almost an entirely different story. I love Alex Flinn and her other novels, but the film adaption to this particular book was the worst.
Corina Elena
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corinaelena.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black

Post by Corina Elena »

Really? It is a book? I never would have imagined...

Return to “Films and Books”