Harry Potter TV Series

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Melissa Katherine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissa-katherine.html
Latest Review: True Teryn by S.G. Blaise

Harry Potter TV Series

Post by Melissa Katherine »

Now that a lot of books are being turned into TV series instead of movies, we are getting a reboot of Harry Potter as a TV series. So far, I've seen that JK Rowling is working with HBO Max, who is now going to be just Max, to create a Harry Potter TV series based off the books. I keep seeing mixed posts about the news. For the longest time, the HP fandom talked about wanting the books as a TV series so that all the content could be included. But now that we're finally getting the TV series, so many people are upset about it. The original actors will always hold a place in my heart as the iconic characters, and all the controversy about JK Rowling aside, I'm super excited for the show. I just hope this means that more characters will be brought to the screen, like Peeves and Winky, and a lot more content will be included.

What are everyone else's thoughts?
Melbie Bie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melbie-bie.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Melbie Bie »

I honestly think it's totally unnecessary to have Harry Potter movie as a TV series.
Donald Donaldson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-donaldson.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Donald Donaldson »

Melissa Katherine wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 10:51 Now that a lot of books are being turned into TV series instead of movies, we are getting a reboot of Harry Potter as a TV series. So far, I've seen that JK Rowling is working with HBO Max, who is now going to be just Max, to create a Harry Potter TV series based off the books. I keep seeing mixed posts about the news. For the longest time, the HP fandom talked about wanting the books as a TV series so that all the content could be included. But now that we're finally getting the TV series, so many people are upset about it. The original actors will always hold a place in my heart as the iconic characters, and all the controversy about JK Rowling aside, I'm super excited for the show. I just hope this means that more characters will be brought to the screen, like Peeves and Winky, and a lot more content will be included.

I think they should have left it alone. What if they mess it up? That is one of my biggest fear. If they mess it up, they can destroy the legacy that is Harry Potter
Melissa Katherine
Currently Reading:

Donald Donaldson wrote: 30 May 2023, 14:01
Melissa Katherine wrote: 24 Apr 2023, 10:51 Now that a lot of books are being turned into TV series instead of movies, we are getting a reboot of Harry Potter as a TV series. So far, I've seen that JK Rowling is working with HBO Max, who is now going to be just Max, to create a Harry Potter TV series based off the books. I keep seeing mixed posts about the news. For the longest time, the HP fandom talked about wanting the books as a TV series so that all the content could be included. But now that we're finally getting the TV series, so many people are upset about it. The original actors will always hold a place in my heart as the iconic characters, and all the controversy about JK Rowling aside, I'm super excited for the show. I just hope this means that more characters will be brought to the screen, like Peeves and Winky, and a lot more content will be included.

I think they should have left it alone. What if they mess it up? That is one of my biggest fear. If they mess it up, they can destroy the legacy that is Harry Potter
I’m definitely scared they’ll mess it up too. But they said JK Rowling will be working closely with the producers to keep everything close to the books. I think the biggest thing is that the actors will be different. It would be cool though if some of the original actors return as other characters.
SheiDa
Favorite Book: Cop Town
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by SheiDa »

The movies were great there is no need for a series about it.
human reader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by human reader »

The movies are among the best received adaptations out there. I feel like doing a series set in the past with Potter's parents or a series even further in the past was the right idea. The latter concept worked really well in Hogwarts Legacy. I'll wait and see though, HBO might be able to do this show right.
Melissa Katherine
Currently Reading:

SheiDa wrote: 01 Jul 2023, 20:37 The movies were great there is no need for a series about it.
I think the movies were great too, but the movies did leave out a lot.
Melissa Katherine
Currently Reading:

human reader wrote: 01 Jul 2023, 20:52 The movies are among the best received adaptations out there. I feel like doing a series set in the past with Potter's parents or a series even further in the past was the right idea. The latter concept worked really well in Hogwarts Legacy. I'll wait and see though, HBO might be able to do this show right.
I know what you mean! I know the HP community has been asking for a series about the marauders for a long time. It would be cool if there were shows based on things like Harry’s parents’ time at Hogwarts, or even about the founders and the beginning of Hogwarts. Hopefully, if this new HP show goes well, then it could branch out into additional shows about other events.
human reader

Post by human reader »

Melissa Katherine wrote: 02 Jul 2023, 16:45
human reader wrote: 01 Jul 2023, 20:52 The movies are among the best received adaptations out there. I feel like doing a series set in the past with Potter's parents or a series even further in the past was the right idea. The latter concept worked really well in Hogwarts Legacy. I'll wait and see though, HBO might be able to do this show right.
I know what you mean! I know the HP community has been asking for a series about the marauders for a long time. It would be cool if there were shows based on things like Harry’s parents’ time at Hogwarts, or even about the founders and the beginning of Hogwarts. Hopefully, if this new HP show goes well, then it could branch out into additional shows about other events.
Yes, the marauders, I couldn't think of the name lol. That's what I meant. I would love a series about the founders and beginning of Hogwarts. I definitely think HP as a brand could sustain at least two shows at once like other major franchises. I would really like to see the lore expanded, new creatures, all of that type of stuff.
Ika Apro
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Ika Apro »

I have watched a few movies not in order so since then I haven't been able to get back to it.
Mana02

Post by Mana02 »

How many people are satisfied with the LOR being a TV series?
I think this would be an injustice to the original movie. Even if there is just a little probability of messing up, they must leave it alone.
Great-minds
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-great-minds.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Great-minds »

It's fascinating to see the anticipation and mixed reactions surrounding the upcoming Harry Potter TV series. The shift from movies to a TV series format indeed opens up the opportunity to delve deeper into the rich content of the books. While some fans may have reservations about the change, the prospect of exploring additional characters and storylines is undoubtedly exciting.

The original actors will always be cherished for their iconic portrayals, yet the TV series offers a chance to introduce new talent and perspectives to the magical world. It's a delicate balance between nostalgia and the potential for fresh insights into the beloved narrative.

Despite the controversies surrounding JK Rowling, the excitement for the show demonstrates the enduring magic of the Harry Potter universe. Hopefully, the adaptation will capture the essence of the books while expanding on the intricate details that fans have longed to see on screen. Here's to a new chapter in the magical journey! ✨ #HarryPotterTVSeries #WizardingWorld 🧙‍♂️

Return to “Films and Books”