Dune

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Adekeye-Hassan A
Currently Reading: The Christmas Pig
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adekeye-hassan-a.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Dune

Post by Adekeye-Hassan A »

I am quite surprised there hasn't been a post about this already, how did you enjoy the adaptations of dune to its movie.
Hussein21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hussein21.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Hussein21 »

I enjoyed reading Dune's novel, however , I feel the movie is overrated
Owuamanam Eberechukwu
Currently Reading: All will be revealed
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-owuamanam-eberechukwu.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Post by Owuamanam Eberechukwu »

Adekeye-Hassan A wrote: 04 Jan 2022, 14:02 I am quite surprised there hasn't been a post about this already, how did you enjoy the adaptations of dune to its movie.
Dune one of the latest planet travel movies. I think it was priemiered in late 2021 probably October. The story line is cool. I don’t think it’s overrated. I think the movie is a great catch. Paul Atreides played his role fine.
"I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me."
Tracee Ellis Ross
Adekeye-Hassan A

Hussein21 wrote: 04 Jan 2022, 16:44 I enjoyed reading Dune's novel, however , I feel the movie is overrated
Yeah I do feel like that also, the book was excellent but the character portrayal in the movie was quite poor I can sites few examples. It also wasn't explained quite well the circumstances surrounding the movie.
Adekeye-Hassan A

Owuamanam wrote: 12 Jan 2022, 00:15
Adekeye-Hassan A wrote: 04 Jan 2022, 14:02 I am quite surprised there hasn't been a post about this already, how did you enjoy the adaptations of dune to its movie.
Dune one of the latest planet travel movies. I think it was priemiered in late 2021 probably October. The story line is cool. I don’t think it’s overrated. I think the movie is a great catch. Paul Atreides played his role fine.
I don't think so. For example when he met chani the woman/girl who he dreams about he did not act very surprised as a normal person would.
Owuamanam Eberechukwu

Adekeye-Hassan A wrote: 12 Jan 2022, 07:30
I don't think so. For example when he met chani the woman/girl who he dreams about he did not act very surprised as a normal person would.
I would agree with you, but he has seen Zendaya(Chani) severally in her dream. And a lot of awkward things have already happened. Acting surprised will only make it childish for me. It will be Obvious Mr Chamalat(Paul) is faking it. Lol:

My view anyway, What do you think about my perspective?
"I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me."
Tracee Ellis Ross
Adekeye-Hassan A

Owuamanam wrote: 12 Jan 2022, 08:47

I would agree with you, but he has seen Zendaya(Chani) severally in her dream. And a lot of awkward things have already happened. Acting surprised will only make it childish for me. It will be Obvious Mr Chamalat(Paul) is faking it. Lol:

Well I see your perspective, it certainly is a refreshing way to look at the scene. Thanks. Other than that the circumstances regarding the use of spices should have also been explained. As this is a major part of the movie.
Owuamanam Eberechukwu

Adekeye-Hassan A wrote: 12 Jan 2022, 17:18

Well I see your perspective, it certainly is a refreshing way to look at the scene. Thanks. Other than that the circumstances regarding the use of spices should have also been explained. As this is a major part of the movie.
On this I agree wholly with you too. The movie is a great watch anyway. I would recommend it, if I am asked to. Do you have any other movie special collection you can recommend.
Tracee Ellis Ross
Adekeye-Hassan A

Owuamanam wrote: 12 Jan 2022, 19:00

On this I agree wholly with you too. The movie is a great watch anyway. I would recommend it, if I am asked to. Do you have any other movie special collection you can recommend.
No, although I do watch movies I don't keep track of them.
Owuamanam Eberechukwu

Adekeye-Hassan A wrote: 13 Jan 2022, 01:23
Owuamanam wrote: 12 Jan 2022, 19:00
No, although I do watch movies I don't keep track of them.
That’s fine. Great conversation. Thanks a lot Hassan
Tracee Ellis Ross
Lindzy Herbrand
Favorite Author: Ken Follett
Currently Reading: A Wrinkle in Time
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lindzy-herbrand.html
Latest Review: the REMF, Hurry Up and Wait by Ray Dyer
fav_author_id: 3559

Post by Lindzy Herbrand »

I just finished this book last night. I was wondering- is the movie adaptation just the first book or is it on the entire book series?
Michelle Cramer
Favorite Author: Dean Koontz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-cramer.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 2595

Post by Michelle Cramer »

It's just part of the 1st book really. I really enjoyed the newest adaptation and I am looking forwardto the next movie, but my favorite is the mini series version, though I also enjoy David Lynch's version as well. David's version is basically the 1st book with a little extra, the mini series is a more in depth look at the 1st book with a little peak into the others and there is a Children of Dune movie that covers that book.

Return to “Films and Books”