Thought Provoking Films

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Wesusa
Favorite Book: Dune
Currently Reading: A Clash of Kings
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesusa.html
Latest Review: Thunder and Lightning, They're Not So Frightening by JD Schmith

Icon Thought Provoking Films

Post by Wesusa »

What's your favorite film that makes you think?
A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it.

The only person who can sympathize with and understand you, is you. So, be good to yourself.
Olgamiell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olgamiell.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Olgamiell »

Atonement directed by Joe Wright is the first one I thought about. It's beautiful but heartbreaking. It always makes me think about how something we misunderstand or don't treat seriously enough may have an impact on others. And also, in general, how gossips may destroy someone's life.
Sakura5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakura5.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sakura5 »

One of the latest movies I could watch at the cinema, Dark Waters, made me think a lot about the current environmental situation and how these big, powerful companies contribute to pollution without even caring. Really sad actually!
Khaiden T
Favorite Author: Olaf Stapledon
Currently Reading: The Return of the King
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khaidentajigen.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem
fav_author_id: 39743

Post by Khaiden T »

The Man From Earth. Possibly my favorite of all time. There are just tons of possibilities and the topics deeply discussed make you also think of the implications. So many things to imagine based on the story you hear.
Wildflowertheorist
Currently Reading: Rise of the Savior
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wildflowertheorist.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Wildflowertheorist »

I think imitation game is one heck of a movie. It's based on real event during the WWII. And we have Benedict Cumberbatch and Kiera Knightly as leads another big reason to not miss.
"When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Kristy Khem
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Kristy Khem »

Behind her Eyes is an intense psychological thriller. It really messes with your mind! You can find it on Netflix. Days after I completed it, I kept thinking about it. It's creepy, but not in an ordinarily scary way.
Wesusa

Post by Wesusa »

Sakura5 wrote: 23 Apr 2021, 05:03 One of the latest movies I could watch at the cinema, Dark Waters, made me think a lot about the current environmental situation and how these big, powerful companies contribute to pollution without even caring. Really sad actually!
One of my relatives was talking about that film. I think the only thing putting me of from watching it immediately is the fact it appears to be a biopic. I have nothing against them, I just personally haven't enjoyed any since The Pianist. Thanks, I'll watch it in the future!
A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it.

The only person who can sympathize with and understand you, is you. So, be good to yourself.
Wesusa

Post by Wesusa »

KristyKhem wrote: 02 May 2021, 21:19 Behind her Eyes is an intense psychological thriller. It really messes with your mind! You can find it on Netflix. Days after I completed it, I kept thinking about it. It's creepy, but not in an ordinarily scary way.
Thanks! I'll check it out. :D

Kristy Khem
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Kristy Khem »

Wesusa wrote: 14 May 2021, 18:27
KristyKhem wrote: 02 May 2021, 21:19 Behind her Eyes is an intense psychological thriller. It really messes with your mind! You can find it on Netflix. Days after I completed it, I kept thinking about it. It's creepy, but not in an ordinarily scary way.
Thanks! I'll check it out. :D
Enjoy it! Let me know your thoughts after you've watched it :D
Abdo Sonbol
Favorite Author: Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Currently Reading: The Da Vinci Code
Bookshelf Size: 32
fav_author_id: 2366

Post by Abdo Sonbol »

Predestination (2014) made my mind blowing..
FJCJ55
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by FJCJ55 »

American Beauty was an intense movie that did make me think so did Donnie Darko.
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

It was one of the best series in recent time for me. I enjoyed every single thing in the series. It's super underrated sadly.
_JOAN
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by _JOAN »

Acrimony.

Yeah, that movie. It's so thought provoking in that it makes one to think about his/her relationship. Also, it's even a good movie to debate on especially when considering who is at fault in the movie and what the fault(s) could be.
Kajol Dadhania
Favorite Book: Open Water
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajol-dadhania.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kajol Dadhania »

I love or rather I think I am obsessed with CALL ME BY YOUR NAME. Starring Timothee Chalamet and Armie Hammer.
Imagine if we had no secrets, no respite from the truth. What if everything was laid bare the moment, we introduced ourselves?
Bigwig1973
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

The Thirteenth Floor, Constantine, Inception, and Now You See Me are all pretty good!
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?

Return to “Films and Books”