After / after we collided

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Ldpuff
Currently Reading: Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ldpuff.html
Latest Review: The Merriest, The Beariest Bears by Doreen M. Atkinson

After / after we collided

Post by Ldpuff »

How are we feeling about the movie versions of After and After We Collided? Both based off of the After series by Anna Todd. Of course I enjoy the books more than the movies, but I don’t think the movies were too bad.
Maesondahl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maesondahl.html
Latest Review: Tales from the Gray Area by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Maesondahl »

The movies are a guilty pleasure for my sister and me, but they have the same feeling as the Twilight movies. I enjoy the teen drama and all of the cliche moments but the relationship between Tessa and Hardin/Harry can be too much sometimes.
Ldpuff
Currently Reading: Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ldpuff.html
Latest Review: The Merriest, The Beariest Bears by Doreen M. Atkinson

Post by Ldpuff »

Maesondahl wrote: 01 Jan 2021, 18:07 The movies are a guilty pleasure for my sister and me, but they have the same feeling as the Twilight movies. I enjoy the teen drama and all of the cliche moments but the relationship between Tessa and Hardin/Harry can be too much sometimes.
Yes, same here! Definitely not a movie to watch if you are looking for something to challenge your mind and make you think. Their relationship bugs me. Go trevor!
CaptainTurtle8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-captainturtle8.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by CaptainTurtle8 »

I have the read the books several times honestly. I have seen the movies 2-3 times each, but I still am not sure entirely how I feel about them. I think the what I had in my head was just so different from what the movies are, it makes it hard for me to love them. At this point, I'm not sure I'd watch the movies again, but I will watch the next couple of movies that come out. Most likely I will read the series again. As much as their relationship can be a bit much, I still love them. They go through so much and I love how their story ends after everything they've been through.
angelmuktar
Currently Reading: The Binding Stone
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by angelmuktar »

Personally, I have not read the books but watched both movies. In a way they both are great movies, however, I feel like After is way better than After We Collided. I feel like it does not really have a great plot and consists of too much sex. Whereas in After it was fun, it made you laugh, cry, and fall in love with the characters.
Victoria Copsey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-copsey.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Victoria Copsey »

I read the books and I can't say that the casting is what I had imagined. As with most adaptations, the characters are altered to be more likeable to the audience. No 'prudish' outfits no 'covered in tattoos' no piercings
theprakriti
Currently Reading: The Glass Hotel
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theprakriti.html

Post by theprakriti »

I cant believe I found a forum about this one. I've been dying to talk about this book for so long.
OMG. what a movie and what a book. Though there are some changes in the movie sequel of the book but they are negligible in-front of the amazing story. This story has been in my mind for months and when last year After We Collided released, it just made me stuck in my seat, jaw dropped to the floor.
Though the book has so much erotic content but the story and the cute little lovely things that Hardin and Tessa do make me crave for a love like them. The bad boy meets a good girl and everything changes. Their deeper selves come into action. The bad boy wants to be good, and the good girl discovers her true self. And then in After We Collided, Tessa's personality is rotated 360 degrees. She is more careless, but more and more in love with Hardin with everyday passing.
I want to write further but I already wrote long enough for a comment. I just cant get enough of this story. Can't wait for the other three- After We Fell, After Ever Happy and Before to come out and to read the book!!
I can read the book but it will ruin my eagerness to see the movie when it comes out. Only I cant understand my strength to stop me from reading the books before the movies come out :lol:
Emms230
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Emms230 »

I LOVE this book, I started reading After when the Author Anna Todd was writing it on Wattpad! This will forever be my favorite book! I watched the movie which was kind of cringey to me I didnt really like the actor that they picked for Noah and I didnt really like the other actors/actresses or I think they just needed more practice, it just seems fake. The book is definitely better than the movie it has more detail than the movie of course. When I first read After I fell in love with the book, I would be up late at night reading wanting to know more about Tessa and Hardin and what came next! I didnt want to stop reading. This book had my jaw dropping, this book had also made me cry. Id recommend to read After. :D :techie-studyinggray:
prakritisingh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prakritisingh.html

Post by prakritisingh »

OMG! I wanted to speak for this movie so bad. Now finally this is what I have to say.
This movie is amazing. Even more than amazing. The book are wonderful but the motion picture brings life into the story. The plot and the storyline is amazing. A bad boy wants to be good for a girl and the girl discovers her true self. She comes out of her comfort zone to find what she really wants. But will they be together. Will their different personalities lead to a strong union?
I was so much engrossed in the movie. The cute little things Hardin does for Tessa makes my heart leap. This movie makes me crave for a love life like them. And I so much search for my Hardin Scott.
prakritisingh
Currently Reading:

Post by prakritisingh »

Maesondahl wrote: 01 Jan 2021, 18:07 The movies are a guilty pleasure for my sister and me, but they have the same feeling as the Twilight movies. I enjoy the teen drama and all of the cliche moments but the relationship between Tessa and Hardin/Harry can be too much sometimes.
I agree with you. They fight a lot which is at time exaggerating. They fight too much and then in a sec start loving each other back by a simple touch. It sometimes becomes hard to believe.
prakritisingh
Currently Reading:

Post by prakritisingh »

theprakriti wrote: 18 Jan 2021, 00:15 I cant believe I found a forum about this one. I've been dying to talk about this book for so long.
OMG. what a movie and what a book. Though there are some changes in the movie sequel of the book but they are negligible in-front of the amazing story. This story has been in my mind for months and when last year After We Collided released, it just made me stuck in my seat, jaw dropped to the floor.
Though the book has so much erotic content but the story and the cute little lovely things that Hardin and Tessa do make me crave for a love like them. The bad boy meets a good girl and everything changes. Their deeper selves come into action. The bad boy wants to be good, and the good girl discovers her true self. And then in After We Collided, Tessa's personality is rotated 360 degrees. She is more careless, but more and more in love with Hardin with everyday passing.
I want to write further but I already wrote long enough for a comment. I just cant get enough of this story. Can't wait for the other three- After We Fell, After Ever Happy and Before to come out and to read the book!!
I can read the book but it will ruin my eagerness to see the movie when it comes out. Only I cant understand my strength to stop me from reading the books before the movies come out :lol:
Yes. You wonderfully mentioned the plot of the movie and I must say that I am in love with it. The relationship is though exaggerating at times but is one of my favorite. It makes me crave more for Hardin Scott to come into my life but at the same time I don't want him to ruin my life too. Its just so confusing.
prakritisingh
Currently Reading:

Post by prakritisingh »

CaptainTurtle8 wrote: 10 Jan 2021, 16:12 I have the read the books several times honestly. I have seen the movies 2-3 times each, but I still am not sure entirely how I feel about them. I think the what I had in my head was just so different from what the movies are, it makes it hard for me to love them. At this point, I'm not sure I'd watch the movies again, but I will watch the next couple of movies that come out. Most likely I will read the series again. As much as their relationship can be a bit much, I still love them. They go through so much and I love how their story ends after everything they've been through.
Yes I agree with you. I have watched them myself quite a lot and never get enough of it. The plot is really confusing and I really want the next sequels to clear things out.
prakritisingh
Currently Reading:

Post by prakritisingh »

Victoria Copsey wrote: 17 Jan 2021, 20:08 I read the books and I can't say that the casting is what I had imagined. As with most adaptations, the characters are altered to be more likeable to the audience. No 'prudish' outfits no 'covered in tattoos' no piercings
Yeah and with that said One things must also be added that Tristan was a guy in the book but was changed to a girl for better audience suitability. Well I don't detest the idea that much though.
prakritisingh
Currently Reading:

Post by prakritisingh »

angelmuktar wrote: 11 Jan 2021, 15:18 Personally, I have not read the books but watched both movies. In a way they both are great movies, however, I feel like After is way better than After We Collided. I feel like it does not really have a great plot and consists of too much sex. Whereas in After it was fun, it made you laugh, cry, and fall in love with the characters.
I agree with you for some parts but I kinda liked After We collided Too. It just showed the audience a different personality of both the characters. Tessa became more carless and free thinker. She is now doing what she thinks is right( not of the upmost level though.)
fridamadrid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fridamadrid.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by fridamadrid »

I personally disliked the books. I couldn't even get through the first one. I don't think it should've been picked for editorial publication and even less made into a movie, of course I didn't watch it. I just think there are many wrong aspects about the whole thing.

Return to “Films and Books”