Are you a big fan of Disney movies and why?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Arite Seki
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arite-seki.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Re: Are you a big fan of Disney movies and why?

Post by Arite Seki »

I have always loved Disney movies. I haven't seen any of the new ones for a while and I think it's because I mostly spend my time watching series, but I regularly rewatch a few favourites.
Topsey
Currently Reading: Something Wicked This Way Comes
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topsey.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Topsey »

I love Disney. I grew up watching the movies and dreaming of being a Disney Princess. I think that so many of my morals and qualities are founded on those movies.
yapashley
Currently Reading: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yapashley.html
Latest Review: Oblivion Threshold by J.R. Mabry and B.J. West

Post by yapashley »

I LOVE DISNEY! Every time I watch a Disney movie, I always get stuck in the Disney world and only get back to reality like weeks after. I get obsessed with the songs over and over again and wish the Disney movies happen in real life! wishful thinking!
monserrat_21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monserrat-21.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by monserrat_21 »

I love Disney movies! I prefer the old, animated versions, but I've watched every live action or remake that has been made because I can't help myself. Some of them I really enjoyed, like The Beauty and the Beast and The Jungle Book live actions but I would still choose the originals.
My favorite Disney movie is The Lion King, it was the first movie I ever saw in a movie theater so it has a very special place in my heart. I love the story, the songs, the characters!
I also really like Tangled and Coco which are more recent, but just as good. I always get excited when they announce new Disney movies. There will come a time when I'm old and you'll still find me in a movie theater, full of kids watching them with a smile on my face.
“That’s the thing about books. They let you travel without moving your feet.”

Jhumpa Lahiri
Ranz315
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ranz315 »

I love disney movies. I have watched many Disney movies since childhood and i still watch it every now and then. I think some live-action movies could have done better. I recently watched Aladdin live-action movie. And i really liked it. I love the fact that they portrayed Jasmine as the brave princess which she is. The movie had the essence of the original version.
Lia A
Favorite Book: Aurora Rising
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lia-a.html
Latest Review: Homecoming by Jude Austin

Post by Lia A »

I liked the older Disney Movies. The new live-action remakes just seem like they are out of good ideas. The remakes are too similar and don't add many new aspects.
“𝓞𝓷𝓮 𝓶𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓪𝓵𝔀𝓪𝔂𝓼 𝓫𝓮 𝓬𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓸𝓯 𝓫𝓸𝓸𝓴𝓼, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝔀𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓲𝓼 𝓲𝓷𝓼𝓲𝓭𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓶, 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓭𝓼 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓹𝓸𝔀𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓸 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮 𝓾𝓼.”
― 𝓒𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓪 𝓒𝓵𝓪𝓻𝓮, (𝓒𝓵𝓸𝓬𝓴𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓴 𝓐𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓵)
a_r_egerton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-r-egerton.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by a_r_egerton »

I love Disney movies, and I easpecially like Beauty and the Beast.

A lot of the live-action remakes strike me as pointless, especially if they do nothing but recapitulate the original story. On the other hand, any changes to the story have to be handled carefully. I'd say Maleficent was one of the better remakes, for it took the novel approach of telling the story from her point of view. The remake of Lion King did not interest me at all, because the filmmakers made it photorealistic. Consequently, the animals were far less expressive than their animated counterparts.
Raj Tarrobal
Currently Reading: Little Bluebird

Post by Raj Tarrobal »

I love it when I was a kid now I appreciate it more now I am a parent.
EmmaZ
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmaz.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by EmmaZ »

I don't think I'll ever be old enough to watch a Disney movie! What I love most about them is how they appeal to both adults (the jokes aimed at older audiences are hilarious) and children. I also love how all the Disney movies link together someway or another - very clever!
MilaThegoddess
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-milathegoddess.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by MilaThegoddess »

I am quite a fan of the older versions that I have seen but I do enjoy the graphics of the newer versions :D
lwahls2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lwahls2.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by lwahls2 »

Disney movies were a staple growing up and I hope to make it the same for my children. Robin Hood was a favorite as well as Beauty and the Beast.
Laura Martin

“Because when you are imagining, you might as well imagine something worthwhile.”
― Lucy Maud Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
lana_adam
Currently Reading: Whispers Under Ground
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by lana_adam »

I absolutely LOVE Disney movies! I grew up watching them on repeat. I will never be too old to watch a Disney movie! One of my all time favourites was Hercules.
2legged-bookworm
Currently Reading:

Post by 2legged-bookworm »

Probably all of us didn't pass our nice childhood without the touch of Disney movies. Indeed, Disney taught me that life had many twist and turn and lessons to keep.
Mariesg
Currently Reading: Detention of Doom
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariesg.html
Latest Review: Homecoming by Jude Austin

Post by Mariesg »

I love Disney! I do my best to appreciate all the films regardless of if I liked it or not because I know there was a lot of work put into it and that should be acknowledged. That being said, I rarely find myself not liking a movie or having it take away from my wonderful memories with Disney. Though there have been some like the ending of Toy Story 4. I don't hate it, but it didn't make me feel anything like the 3rd movie's ending did.

I just think Disney gives this wonderful message of hope, especially with Cinderella. She's my favorite Disney princess and I feel like she gets a lot of hate for being weak when in reality she was so strong. In a situation that would've easily made so many of us bitter or extremely sad and make us give up, Cinderella stayed hopeful and believed in her dreams. I feel like it hits home especially today because we're stuck in a situation that seems so hopeless, but it's so important to keep that hope alive, even if it's only a little bit. Looking at Cinderella gives me someone to aspire to be and an example to follow during these troubling times.

That's why I love Disney so much with it's new and old movies. There's just an innate sense and message of hoping and believing and holding onto that even if the entire world thinks you're crazy for it. That's why I love Disney.
Zainabreadsnow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainabreadsnow.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Zainabreadsnow »

Absolutely! There is something so exquisitely magical about disney films. They transport you back to the feeling of being a kid and believing in the good of the world. They are also often times ones that touch on very good topics.

Return to “Films and Books”