Have You Watched Lucifer On Netflix Yet?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
boardj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boardj.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Re: Have You Watched Lucifer On Netflix Yet?

Post by boardj »

vivalatianne wrote: 29 May 2019, 13:40 Not yet. Should I watch it?
Definitely worth watching!
starkpages
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 316
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starkpages.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by starkpages »

I recently just discovered it last month and I binge-watched it! I am currently on Season 3 yet but I know I will finish it on a short period of time because it's really such a good show. The TV show has the elements that I am into. It involves crime solving, comedy, supernatural creatures, and unlikely romance. I knew it was trending on Netflix for some reason! Characters are complex and more on morally grey but this does not made them less lovable. It is without a doubt the show that I would pick to lift my mood up in times of bad days.
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

boardj wrote: 22 May 2019, 16:40 Hey all!

So I'm so hooked on a show called Lucifer on Netflix and it's so good! Has anyone else seen it and if so, what are your thoughts? Have you read the comics and if so, are they different from the show, the same or is the show better than the comics?
Wait this is based on comics!? I had no idea! Now I will have to read them. I think the latest season of Lucifer was the best. Netflix has a great production team.
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
anneknownymousse
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by anneknownymousse »

Yes. It was so good. I love it. If you want mistery, comedy, and a little of drama. You've got to watch this. I promise you won't regret watching this. It was awsome.
morgan4hoof
Favorite Book: The Graveyard Book
Currently Reading: The Turn
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgan4hoof.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by morgan4hoof »

YES! There are some that would call Lucifer "cheesy" but in the end, if that's what makes us happy then who they to look down on us for enjoying tales of crime-fighting supernatural beings with feel-good romantic/comedy leanings? Also, it was approved for a season 5 on Netflix so binge away!
WhiteLotus
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 1019
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whitelotus.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by WhiteLotus »

I've been watching it since it first came out - which is before it was on Netflix for my country, actually. I was a bit doubtful on the first episode, but it really grew on me! Now I can't stop watching it!
LinaMueller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 261
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: The Wingless Fairy by Kye Strothers

Post by LinaMueller »

magnoparisi wrote: 28 May 2019, 08:17 Seriously how can you guys watch Lucifer? I can't understand why my mom loves such garbage.
What? :evil2: :evil: :evil: Lucifer is amazing. Best serie of the year by far.
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson
Charlie19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlie19.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Charlie19 »

No i did not watch it on netflix, but i watched it on fox and i loved the humor and the weird intellect of the movie.
sdatsy
Currently Reading: Randy Love...at your service
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by sdatsy »

Recently started watching and I am a sucker for the fantasy meets reality aspect of the show. On season 3 and still binging!
starr79

Post by starr79 »

I was a fan when it was on Fox and was bummed when it got canceled. Glad Netflix picked it up and I binge-watched the fourth season in two days. I'm sad it's coming to an end next year with the fifth season but if that's what the creators wanted, I suppose we have to live with it.
Sleipnir_Drew
Favorite Book: Oathbringer
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Sleipnir_Drew »

I did and it's really good. Felt like it started with no force, but as it went on, it gained momentum. The best for me is the last season since I feel they're trying to get a little bit more Gaiman-like attitudes and the character restoration is beautiful. At least for me. I can't wait for the next season to come!
Falling4Ever
Currently Reading: Titans
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-falling4ever.html
Latest Review: G.E.M.S. by Daphne Valcourt

Post by Falling4Ever »

I haven't but I'm looking to maybe try it out? I mean I'm a big fan of Supernatural but I have a feeling it's a bit different.
innocent87

Post by innocent87 »

yes season 1 and 2 going to watch season 3
cassibear13

Post by cassibear13 »

I started watching the show when it was still on Hulu, I finished the first season when I learned that they would be ending the show on a cliff hanger so I stopped watching it. The moment that I learned that Netflix would be taking the show on I jumped back in. I loved the show and the character growth alone made the show sweet at certain moments, it showed the characters as complete bad asses while also showing us their humanity. I love the show and will most likely be rewatching it soon.
Blu1983
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30

Post by Blu1983 »

I have not, its not a show i would be interested in looking at something because i am of the opinion that the world is highly spiritual and i need to be mindful of what i allow in which includes the types of shows i watch.

No disrespect to the producers or film makers.

Return to “Films and Books”