Twilight movie disappointment

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
VAwkOb12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Twilight movie disappointment

Post by VAwkOb12 »

Did you ever read the novel twilight by stephenie Meyer before the movie twilight was released?

If so, were you a little disappointed that the movie wasn't as great as the novel?

Where do you think things went wrong?
Was it with the actors or may be you hoped for too much?
NicholsC97
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholsc97.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by NicholsC97 »

Yeah I liked the books just fine but the movies tanked horribly. My favorite characters wound up being Jasper and Charlie. Why? Who knows.
VAwkOb12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by VAwkOb12 »

The actors who played Edward and Bella could have been more active. I feel it's the job of the main actors to attract the audience and they just didn't do that.
tanchett
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanchett.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by tanchett »

Now that the movies are on Netflix, I rewatched them and cringed at least once every other minute or so. I've seen Kristen Stewart be great in some movies but there was just something off with her in the Twilight series. I often wonder how much better the movies would have been if they had made them now, with a different cast.
magnoparisi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnoparisi.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's Aftermath of War by Greg Kater

Post by magnoparisi »

Twilight is garbage. I don't want to be a hater but can anyone imagine the movie without Robert Pattinson? I mean maybe River Phoenix and Heath Ledger would have been great main characters but an average looking and mediocre actor would make the movie fail miserably.
Atara Miles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atara-miles.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Atara Miles »

I read the books before but I don't think the movies were too bad, considering. In fact, unlike most other films that got progressively worse with each instalment, Twilight actually improved, which is no easy feat (apart from the abrupt dramatization of the characters' appearances - a whhoooollleee other conversation).
mariana90
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana90.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by mariana90 »

I read the books and was really looking forward to watching the first movie, but it was utter crap. Kristen Stewart biting her lip and passing her hand through her hair drove me insane.

Later, I realized the books were crap as well so in the end the movie wasn't that disappointing lol. I didn't have the heart to watch the others.
siusantos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-siusantos.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B01FJT7N4W

Post by siusantos »

I think I've read all the books first before I watched the movies. And yes, I was disappointed with: the actor who portrayed edward, bella, and carlyle. I pictured someone else for these characters.
bellajavier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellajavier.html
Latest Review: Truth Come to Light by Taryn Feldmann

Post by bellajavier »

Ah I haven't read the books but the movies were terrible! I did not like them AT ALL. Not sure, but they were boring and cliche.
leximutia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leximutia.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by leximutia »

I read the entire series, and the movies did the books absolutely no justice. I think the reputation of the movies unjustly marred the books.
Netvigator72
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netvigator72.html
Latest Review: Kindred Journeys by Marjorie Tapley-Olson

Post by Netvigator72 »

I think it’s definitely me expecting too much because I think the actors did a relatively good job with their roles.
eliviac35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliviac35.html
Latest Review: Tears & Laughters by Ray R. F.

Post by eliviac35 »

Honestly, I love bothering the book series and the movies. I do not think that the movies did the books justice, but I do have to say that after the first movie, the films were progressively better.
cookiedough
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cookiedough.html
Latest Review: Dying Well by Susan Ducharme Hoben
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by cookiedough »

The book were an easy read. The third movie had a twist in it that I wasn't expecting. It kept me on the edge of my seat and I am happy I got to be surprised.
Nadine1357
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nadine1357.html
Latest Review: The Necessity of Finance by Dr. Anthony M. Criniti IV

Post by Nadine1357 »

I enjoyed the first film of twilight and then I thought in not waiting for the next film to come out. I decided to read the book and within a few chapter I realised the film was crap. I feel that something got lost in translation from book to film. The film seem to be lacking in depth and it was mostly Bella and or Edward been miserable. Bella seemed to just whine and Edward seemed a bit like a controlling partner. I also feel the movie didn't develop Bella and Jacobs relationship very well it was more like Jacob seen he for 5 minutes and then was in love and obsessed. In the book you see the characters grow and connect and I didn't see that in the film. I can barely watch the films anymore.
Alexandros92
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexandros92.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Alexandros92 »

I always saw the Twilight movies as a reflection of the John Rambo series. These kinds of movies just provide to each gender with what they want to see without much consideration of whether the scenario makes sense. If you go to the cinema knowing that, there is nothing wrong with the movies. Now if you actually expect some serious kind of development you are going to keep waiting for a long time lol

Return to “Films and Books”