Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
- Posts: 197
- Joined: 16 Feb 2018, 06:07
- 2018 Reading Goal: 20
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 55
- Favorite Book:
- Currently Reading: Keeper of Lost Things
- Bookshelf Size: 49
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-myra.html
- Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing
Anirudh Badri wrote: ↑
17 Aug 2017, 15:22
While I enjoy both anime and manga, I prefer to read the manga in most cases simply because the progression of the story in anime is usually very slow and I can control the pace of the manga far better.
What do you think? Which do you enjoy more and why?
I'll agree with this. Anime take the story quite slowly which doesn't work for me at all.
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 10 May 2017, 17:20
- 2018 Reading Goal: 50
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 28
- Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces you have to read before you die, vol 2
- Bookshelf Size: 330
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabbiv.html
- Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
- Reading Device: B00KC6I06S
- Location: NY
Doaa Wael wrote: ↑
08 Oct 2017, 16:38
I love manga, it is compelling, but sometimes anime can be done exceptionally well. Death note, for example, was such a phenomenal anime, i feel i wouldn't have enjoyed a manga version of it. I am not sure but i feel so, so i think the medium depends on the nature of te work.
Ah wow, I have the exact opposite opinion haha. I feel like text heavy media is easier to digest as manga because it's pace is determined by the person reading, while anime doesn't let the audience rest to really think about what's happening. But yes I think the subject matter determines which is more way is more enjoyable, for instance, a fast-paced action story would benefit from anime and be kind of dull on paper.
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 13 Mar 2018, 04:01
- Currently Reading: Call Me by Your Name
- Bookshelf Size: 19
I enjoy both for different reasons. For anime I like how the character and animations comes alive but what i dislike about anime is that some lack story depth especially if i read the manga of an anime adaptation.