What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Miracle_Tessy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miracle-tessy.html
Latest Review: Street Sweeper by Paul Drewitt

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by Miracle_Tessy »

The last book I just saw was BRIDGERTON Series and I think the movie really came out lovely
Sasha_100
Favorite Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Currently Reading: City of Ghosts
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sasha-100.html
Latest Review: Heroes of Atlantis by Ryan Carriere
fav_author_id: 2502

Post by Sasha_100 »

Ne Zha. The animation was amazing. Would love to watch it again sometime
Caleb Fx
Favorite Author: Dave Gordon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caleb-fx.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs
fav_author_id: 217569

Post by Caleb Fx »

The last movie I saw was Frankenstein. I really enjoyed it because I had previously read it's background and also I had known the reason as to why the first person to come up with the concept of Frankenstein had done so. I gave it a rating of 8 out of 10.
Cátia Rato
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 451
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catiarato.html
Latest Review: The Inmate by Alan P. Woodruff

Post by Cátia Rato »

The last movie I saw was Cruella.
Not my favorite movie ever, but Emma Stone's acting is so on point that I'm giving it a rating of 7 out of 10. She did an absolute amazing job.
Anjali Patil
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjali-patil.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Anjali Patil »

Today i saw 'Conjuring: the Devil made me do it' . It is based on a true story, i liked the movie but i wanted more horror scene like 'Conjuring 2' . I would rate this movie Three out of Four.
Natalia Nazeem
Favorite Book: The Amulet of Samarkand
Currently Reading: We are Volhuire
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natalia-nazeem.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Natalia Nazeem »

The last movie I saw was Disney's Cruella.
It was a mixed bag for me - there were some aspects of the movie that I didn't understand, and some aspects that I thoroughly enjoyed. I'd have to rate it 3 out of 4 stars - it was good, but they made some fundamental changes to Cruella that don't line up with who she is from the movie, 101 Dalmations.
However, the song choices and the costume designs were impeccable - it was a pleasure to see the costume changes, and the songs were so nice to listen to. In terms of the storyline, it was a good story. If the character wasn't Cruella, it would have been a great movie. The fact that they changed Cruella's character to fit this movie, instead of writing a story that explains her character, is what frustrated me.
beatrice_mom
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by beatrice_mom »

I decided to watch the TV series "Sex and the City", this is one of my favorite TV series. But since my husband is not interested in female serials, I have to watch the series via the computer. It's good that we recently bought a good Sceptre display with a large diagonal. I can enjoy my favorite series without my husband's comments and attempts to switch to the NBA.
thepensivist
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thepensivist.html
Latest Review: Chameleons by Onyx Gold

Post by thepensivist »

So I've seen Legally Blonde multiple times, but I love rewatching it - the final scene in the courtroom where Elle (Reese Witherspoon) makes her big realization gives me shivers :lol2:

Definitely at least 4 out of 5, if not 4.5 out of 5, stars.
Apeksha Pant
Currently Reading:

Post by Apeksha Pant »

I saw Gone with the wind and loved it . The whole historic feel and the awesome dresses . The heroine scarlet o hara is my favourite now . Definitely rate it 10 out of 10
Ravyn Yoakum
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Ravyn Yoakum »

Me and my fiancé watched the new Spiral movie at home. We both worked the next day and thought it would be better to watch this scary movie in bed with all the pillows. I was never a big fan of the Saw movies (or horror movies if you want me to be completely honest) but this movie made me a little more curious about the older movies in the aspect that it is a "copycat" movie. It reflects the events that happens in the Saw movies vaguely but just enough so that you know that this movie is a spinoff. It had good choice of actors and the dialogue was pretty good. I thought it was pretty good considering my stance on horror flicks, so if your into blood and guts I would definitely recommend it. Not for the weak-hearted.
Laksha Maria Charbel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laksha-maria-charbel.html
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA
Reading Device: B08KKD61CM

Post by Laksha Maria Charbel »

:mrgreen: The last movie I saw was "The Conjuring: The Devil made me do it." I would rate it two out of three. The movie was quite predictable, it has the same quality as all the Conjuring movies. The child gets possessed by a Demon, the Warrens are called to the rescue. Only this time it turned out the child was cursed. They then proceed with the exorcism, which as usual, doesn't work. Eventually, the Warrens save the day. The end.
I would give partial points if I could for the suspense element that lasted till the climax and the Satanic cult element that was exclusive to this movie.
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA
Farheen Lanewala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47

Post by Farheen Lanewala »

The last movie I saw was Gone Girl and it was of course a remake from the novel of Gillian Flynn. I was so disappointed in the movie that I wasn't able to finish it because the book was written so beautifully and seeing the two hours movie interpretation of the novel just broke my heart.
Cruztips
Currently Reading: Immigrant Hustle
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by Cruztips »

I just finish watching this movie coming to america 2(2021) by Eddie murphy the movie is cool and awesome i rate 8 out of 10.. lets keep the fun going
Wandering_books
Currently Reading:

Post by Wandering_books »

The last movie i watched is a bollywood movie " Chak de India". The actor in in played in it is Shahrukh Khan. A must watch movie. I rated it 10 on 10
Cruztips
Currently Reading: Immigrant Hustle
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by Cruztips »

The last movie i saw was extraction it is an interesting one

Return to “Films and Books”