What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
KishanB
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by KishanB »

The kissing booth 2 lol....was fairly decently...the teenage drama was so stranger to me, i guess its cause im grown now, but i dont get why kids dont talk to their parents instead of keeping secrets lol and not expressing themselves properly. And i mean parents allowing kids to make life decisions that includes a gf/bf choice to which college they should go to lol..wow, But was a good watch.
riyosha
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riyosha.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by riyosha »

Unsane. It was decent.
If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
Stephanie Keener
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swisskeener.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo! & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Stephanie Keener »

The last movie I saw was Trouble with the Curve. This is a Clint Eastwood movie. It also starred Amy Adams and Justin Timberlake. Great movie about a baseball scout. The scout, played by Eastwood, is getting up in years and can’t see as well. He is tasked with evaluating one of the country’s top batters for recruitment. It is a story of how he must prove to his bosses that he can still get the job done- all while rebuilding a relationship with his daughter. It’s a fantastic story of various life lessons. I would rate it a 5/5, for sure!
Lola Leah Long

Post by Lola Leah Long »

i saw the kissingbooth 2. Its the sequel so it follows the previous storyline about a high schooler navigating life, love and is filled with lots of drama.

i rate it a 8\10
Mariesg
Currently Reading: Detention of Doom
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariesg.html
Latest Review: Homecoming by Jude Austin

Post by Mariesg »

The last movie I saw was Little Women. The most recent version directed by Greta Gerwig. I loved it. Even though it hasn't even been a year since it came out, I've already seen it 3 times. It's going on my favorite movie list with others such as Singing in the Rain, West Side Story, Freedom Writers, and The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.

I think it's such a great coming of age story that resonates even now. The sisters, even though they all grew up with the same ideals from their parents, are so different. They have different goals, aspirations, values, and flaws. We see them all shine through on these characters. I feel like I can see myself in all of them than resonating with any one character. I understand Jo and her need to write and explore, but I also feel like Meg in also wanting a family and love. Then, Beth is the kinder side of me who is peaceful, patient, and loving. Amy is the current part of me I'm trying to explore, being more assertive, forward and upfront with what I want. The lessons you learn in it too are so great. Forgiving and moving on. Not being with someone when you don't really love them. How your dreams are important no matter what they may be and even if they're different from everyone else's standards. I love it and I could go on forever about this movie.

I have the book on my phone. I got it for free on Apple Books. I'm hoping to read it and dig even deeper into this wonderful story.
LuciusM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luciusm.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by LuciusM »

Once upon a Time and really liked it.
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

My most recent movie is In the Tall Grass, a film that was made based on Stephen King and Joe Hill's 2012 novella. The genre is horror, as King's trademark, with a bit of supernatural. Both of the time and the space in that grass field are really messed up, but that's what gives us the goosebumps. The visual is good, too, but it's also quite bloody and psychic. I would say it's 8 out of 10.
Njokime
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-njokime.html
Latest Review: Homo Technica by Stephan Collina

Post by Njokime »

The last movie i watched was Constantine, Its a 2005 movie and I just had to re watch it. It deserves an 8 out of 10.
Zainabreadsnow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainabreadsnow.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Zainabreadsnow »

The Blind Side 4/4
IRead1Books

Post by IRead1Books »

The last movie I saw was Beverly Hills Ninja. It was definitely a comedy movie, and it was very silly. My whole family was laughing.

I rate this movie 7.5 out of 10 :)
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

Dracula: Untold It was pretty good: 7 out of 10. Interesting take on an old story and sad but with an interesting ending.
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?
YumiiCumii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by YumiiCumii »

the last movie i saw was Veronica. it was a horror movie. I watched this film with my friends at school. The story is good and quite light and there are some plot twists but the whole thing is very interesting. we rate this movie 7 out 10 :)
Kayla_Sanders
Currently Reading: Iron Widow
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayla-sanders.html
Latest Review: Signs in the Rearview Mirror by Kelly Smith

Post by Kayla_Sanders »

The last movie I watched was called "The Old Guard" on Netflix. To give a short summary without spoiling the movie, it is about a small group of immortal protectors that have lived throughout many centuries, saving the world time and time again in secret. The group is forced to stay in hiding in hopes of preserving their secret and continue being protectors from the shadows. Although immortal, they could lose immortality at any time without warning. Looking for answers, the group takes in another guard with newly awakened powers, their entire existence being turned upside down and facing trials and tribulations they never thought imaginable.
I give this movie 4 out of 5 stars. I did not have any expectations going into it, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that I thoroughly enjoyed the movie from beginning to end.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.” – Charles W. Eliot
Doziesixtus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doziesixtus.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Doziesixtus »

Terminator: Genesys.
Rating: 9/10
chatavia1

Post by chatavia1 »

I recently just watched 'The Final Wish'...I really enjoyed it. Every time you think you know what's going to happen, something totally surprising happens and just throws you off ! I love suspense and horror movies like this one.

Return to “Films and Books”