Cooking food is all about creativity?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Moureenkaranu
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moureenkaranu.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Cooking food is all about creativity?

Post by Moureenkaranu »

As for me, cooking has always been all about creativity. What is your perception of cooking and creativity?
born_to_live
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by born_to_live »

Cooking is not only creativity. Right you are, making dishes is some kind of art, but fantasy is not the only required thing. To cook well you should be talented or/and skilled, follow the recipe if its already created and have an accurate eye.
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

I very rarely follow a recipe exactly, so I do view cooking as using creativity. The recipes are more for guidelines than anything else if I am experimenting with a new flavor. A lot of times I throw random things together, and a little spice and I'm done. My roommate is amazed at how I just know what needs to be added to help with the flavor. It's probably because my mom let me cook with her from a young age. Though back when I was young you didn't want to eat my concoctions.

Unless it is baking. Baking is a pain when it comes to the chemistry of things and I follow those recipes exactly, but I do get creative with the decorating portion.
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
tabebchan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by tabebchan »

Cooking food is about creativity? Generally, yes. Since people nowadays are after its aesthetic appeal; the moment they will have it, take a picture of it and post it on social media sites. However, a cook must not only centralize its focus on the presentation of the food; keep on making the food delicious whatever the combinations you have thought of; that's already creativity and just add a touch of aesthetic appeal to it. It will then be heaven!
Read_me_Rachel
Currently Reading: Immortals' Requiem
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Read_me_Rachel »

I come from a place where you see diversification and creativity in meals everywhere you look. Every cook has their unique way of expressing him or herself in method, presentation and taste, therefore creativity is there by default.
mamilla93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamilla93.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by mamilla93 »

Making gourmet food or creating new recipes takes creativity, but otherwise basic cooking is all about following instructions in recipes.
Netvigator72
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netvigator72.html
Latest Review: Kindred Journeys by Marjorie Tapley-Olson

Post by Netvigator72 »

I love cooking because it helps me to bring out the creative side of me so I certainly agree with you a hundred percent.
cookiedough
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cookiedough.html
Latest Review: Dying Well by Susan Ducharme Hoben
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by cookiedough »

Cooking is whatever you want it to be. It ranges from making a quick meal after a long day of hard work to being fancy and creating a gourmet meal.
A Y reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-y-reviews.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by A Y reviews »

Cooking is definitely a creative work. Otherwise, where did all these great recipes come from?
Mariesg
Currently Reading: Detention of Doom
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariesg.html
Latest Review: Homecoming by Jude Austin

Post by Mariesg »

Cooking is a creative work and I think it's something anyone can do. You don't necessarily need some level of talent within you to start. I feel like cooking, when you first start out, is a lot of following instructions and seeing what you like and what you don't but as you start cooking more and getting better, you feel more comfortable experimenting and creating, changing up recipes, or just using them as guidelines like someone else had mentioned. Even if you're a beginner, it's fun to get into the really creative side of cooking and change things up a bit even if it's a small change. Cooking is a huge thing in my family and I have set myself on a journey to try and cook more and one day be as good a chef as my father.
diamonnd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diamonnd.html
Latest Review: The Most Popular Freak in School by Crystal Tyler (Tyler Lormel)

Post by diamonnd »

Cooking is definitely an art! With the emphasis of social media in our lives, presentation of food is equally as important as the taste. And it's great to try mixing up a new recipe and experimenting with flavors to create new fusion dishes!
buttercake20+_Modupe Bello
Currently Reading: The Miller's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-buttercake20-modupe-bello.html
Latest Review: The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant

Post by buttercake20+_Modupe Bello »

Cooking is definitely about crrativity, ig it wasn't, there won't be new recipes popping up everywhere. Let the inspiration flow, if it tastes bad, work around it, if it tastes mind blowing, job welldone
MrsTurner2013
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrsturner2013.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by MrsTurner2013 »

Yes! Cooking is full of creativity and invention. In a way, it is a unique form of freedom. The ability to experiment and explore the multiple facets of ingredients and recipes is one of my favorite experiences! In my opinion, a connection is made when someone cooks that cannot be made any other way. It is beyond description!
77way
Favorite Book: Waterworks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by 77way »

I think about cooking is daily activities to get a meals and energy, but for another kind of cuisine need a skill & special known to cook it, like as Nasi Tumpeng from Indonesia, need the ingredients with
1 kg rice
900ml coconut milk
1 piece of old coconut
5 cm Turmeric
2 sticks of lemongrass
4 sheets of bay leaves
5 cm ginger
2 cm galangal
5 pieces red onion
2 pieces of pandan leaves
4 tsp salt,
and more times to process for
Wash the rice thoroughly and soak rice in clean water.
Puree the ingredients consisting of turmeric, ginger, galangal, onion and salt. Add the mixture into the coconut milk. Stir until blended.
Cook coconut milk until it boils.
Remove the water soaking the rice and pour the coconut milk instead.
Put in the lemongrass and bay leaves.
Boil rice on low heat. While boiling, stir rice until the water shrinks and rice is almost fully cooked.
Take out the lemongrass and bay leaves.
Boil the water and prepare the pan for steaming.
Add rice to the steaming pan.
Add pandan leaves.
Steam rice until completely cooked.
Let the rice cool using room temperature.
I think it's need more special skill to get known better to cook and the adding materials dishes for nasi tumpeng like as Fried coconut chicken, chilli, and etc.
And so cooking this meals is really creative to cooking special Indonesian meals.
Georgephilips
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-georgephilips.html
Latest Review: Finding Jehovah by Azrael Levi

Post by Georgephilips »

On my opinion I take cooking as an art and also as creativity! Timing, when to add some certain spice how you know it's ready or isn't. It's definitely an art.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”