The way to a man's heart is through his stomach???

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
juliamenez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliamenez.html
Latest Review: Mistress Suffragette by Diana Forbes

Re: The way to a man's heart is through his stomach???

Post by juliamenez »

It can be the way into anyone's heart. I think most of the friends I ever made throughout life was because I offered them food, either as hungry high schoolers/ college students or by hosting dinner parties as an adult.
klwoodford
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klwoodford.html
Latest Review: Pembrim by Bree Lenehan

Post by klwoodford »

I don't know about that saying. I honestly think that food can be a great connector. I notice that in my family a meal is always used as a chance to share about what's going on in life and gave a moment of togetherness.
Gina84
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Gina84 »

I agree this is very mich true. My husband eats all day and gain no weight. His favorite dish is anything that's seafood, but I can't cook it for him due to my shell fish allergies
Shanna29
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanna29.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher
Reading Device: B01DZJFWNC

Post by Shanna29 »

Well, it's true for me. My husband loves Mutton Ghee Roast, Chicken Tandoori, and Mutton Mughlai. On special days, I just know what I have to cook to make the day special for him. It just brightens up his day and I am happy to see his happy face after a sumptuous lunch or dinner.
DATo
Previous Member of the Month

Post by DATo »

Actually this is true. As I am eating the meal prepared by whoever the current girlfriend is I look across the table at her and I've told myself that the first time I don't throw up I will marry her. [:- ) ..... I'm still single [:- O ...... [:- ( ..... ((((BURP)))) .... [X- P
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

DATo wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 17:26 Actually this is true. As I am eating the meal prepared by whoever the current girlfriend is I look across the table at her and I've told myself that the first time I don't throw up I will marry her. [:- ) ..... I'm still single [:- O ...... [:- ( ..... ((((BURP)))) .... [X- P
:lol: :laughing-rolling: :handgestures-thumbupright:
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
ObsessedBookNerd
Favorite Book: Moon Called
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 882
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedbooknerd.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by ObsessedBookNerd »

I think it’s true to some & not others. I think it’s hard to put down what they would like cause ever man has different taste. If your guy was a health nut what you cook will be different than others cause you have to be careful of what you use/put into the food. Then there is worrying about allergies & what they don’t like so I don’t cook for boyfriends.
Mishmuma1
Favorite Book: Resilience: A Workbook
Currently Reading: VieVie La Fontaine
Bookshelf Size: 24

Post by Mishmuma1 »

True...a hungry man is an angry man
mashawnna
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by mashawnna »

That statement is somewhat true. But sometimes it's things like your personality and heart that win a man
a9436
Currently Reading: The Redbreast
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a9436.html
Latest Review: First Family by Alice Langholt

Post by a9436 »

My husband now does most of the cooking because of our work schedules, but I think me teaching him how to cook was part of what secured our relationship :lol: He was very impressed with my from-scratch pizza :)
Leobliss
Currently Reading:

Post by Leobliss »

My name is Edidiong from Nigeria. The saying is very true, I do experiment with my Dad... If I want something from him, I'll have to serve him with a sumptuous Vegetable Soup
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by CinWin »

Hum...that is a bit sexist. I think that everyone, man, woman, or even your pet appreciates having really good home-made food. Also it is the whole thing about being served! Giving people food is a form of caring, of love. Also, there is the love of yourself. Sometimes I enjoy making a 5 course dinner just for me. Horsdeuvres, soup, salad, main course and dessert and of course pairing them with my favorite drinks. Ain't life grand? :)
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
HollandBlue
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollandblue.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by HollandBlue »

Absolutely!
:techie-studyinggray: when I get a little money I buy books; and if I have any left l buy food and clothes
Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamas
(1466-1536)
thaservices1
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thaservices1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by thaservices1 »

Perhaps it is good food that gets to the heart. Food is such a communal thing and having someone prepare your favorite dish for you is a touching experience. And having a partner that enjoys providing that experience for you is quite wonderful. My husband and I are both skilled cooks and neither of us could tolerate a partner that was inept or too lazy to prepare their own meals, so food in that aspect food has been a way we are in each others hearts.
"It is not the critic that counts..."
- Roosevelt
OBASI QUEEN C

Post by OBASI QUEEN C »

Cookong a very nice food will not only make your husband or boyfriend happy but will make him to stay, never likes to eat outside his home & equelly build more care and love for you, his childre & failmy

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”