Some Foods to Avoid

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
elliebelle2018
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Some Foods to Avoid

Post by elliebelle2018 »

idont like processed food either. but in this time of life. people dont have time to cook after work so they ended up with just a heat here and there. just fry the ready processed food then thats it.
though they are not aware that processed food will kill them
they still choose the good taste and the easiest way to eat.
Rhoda 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Rhoda 2 »

I totally agree with everything listed including boiled eggs should not be eaten daily, its not healthy
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by LaurenHaupt »

Donuts but hey no one is perfect.
:techie-studyingbrown:
simplymica26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simplymica26.html
Latest Review: Devilish by Tricia Barr

Post by simplymica26 »

Wow very informative post and I agree with everyone! Processed foods, canned soup, instant noodles, etc. As much as possible, I always cook soup from scratch, don't eat instant noodles and avoid any process foods. Thank you all!
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird03.html
Latest Review: Retort and Retribution by Jak Dello

Post by Bluebird03 »

I certainly agree with all that was written earlier regarding the dangers of eating processed foods, sugar and trans fats. I have seen what a steady diet of these can do to someone. No wonder chronic diseases are so rampant here. There are too many good and healthy foods out there to binge on these. But, on occasion, there is nothing like a sweet treat loaded with sugar. I am still remembering the Heathbar cupcake that I ate after golfing earlier this week. It made all the extra steps taken in the mud (due to that wicked "positively cart path only" sign) worth it.
Taylor Danvers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor-danvers.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Taylor Danvers »

I'm very strict about the foods I choose not to eat but sometimes I can't help but fall into temptation. I'm only human. Thanks for your list.
:happy-cheerleaderkid: :text-feedback: :text-welcomeconfetti:
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

nikkyteewhy wrote: 12 May 2018, 02:04 I totally agree. These food are dangerous to health. If only one can resist the urge and craving for these food. Ice cream is my guilty pleasure I know I have to cut back on them.
Have you looked into trying the whey protein ice creams? Halo Top is pretty tasty and a fraction of the calories.
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
mamilla93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamilla93.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by mamilla93 »

Lean meats. Frozen dinners. Deep fried foods. Street foods like hot dogs. Anything that is so processed that you cant even guess the ingredients.
Shinderera Hime
Favorite Book: Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 2
Currently Reading: Shortcake cake
Bookshelf Size: 39

Post by Shinderera Hime »

The food that you now and eat every day and must to avoid. Is all FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS!!! It very bad for your half!
lisalynn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisalynn.html
Latest Review: Sex on every Paige by Graham Spaid

Post by lisalynn »

The obesity epidemic started in the '80s when fat was labeled as the culprit making us fat. Fat was removed from foods, only to be replaced with sugar to make up for the loss of taste. As it turns out, fat is not the enemy after all. It's sugar! Sugar is addictive, so it's really tough to give up, but it's poison to the body. Even though I know this, I still eat plenty of it.
CharlizeGwapa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlizegwapa.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by CharlizeGwapa »

This is a very concerning topic..today, people's health are easily destoyed by processed foods yet sometimes due to instances such as lack of time to cook as well as lack of finance some opted to consume these unhealthy foods.
Juju15
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juju15.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Juju15 »

Innocent chinenye wrote: 28 Mar 2018, 10:16 Representing merely examples, these instances are blatant offenders and constitute only the “tip of the iceberg” of nefarious foods. And we wonder why we have such an epidemic of obesity, heart attacks, and high blood pressure here and in so many other parts of the world!

1. Chicken Pot Pie. Contains 22
grams of saturated fat, 1,600 mg of sodium, and possesses “only” 1,040 calories. I suspect that most such pies will be equally dangerous. Check them out first, or stay away entirely.
2. Parkay Margarine sticks. They may be
cholesterol-free, but each tablespoon of the spread has 1.5 grams of undesirable trans-fat and an equal amount of equally undesirable saturated fat. Other similar products are just as deadly, i.e., Blue Bonnet, Land O’Lakes, Country Crock, and Fleischmann’s. Instead of these stick margarines, look for tub margarines instead,for most have little or no trans-fat.
3. Ice cream is no bargain: An average
half cup serving of plain vanilla Haagen-Dazs ice cream contains about 250 calories, but, unfortunately, 10 grams of undesirable saturated fat. And that’s only if you don’t add any toppings or whipped cream.
4. Not so Mediterranean: This dish has a
misleading name, so don’t go near Olive Garden’s “Tour of Italy”, which consists of homemade lasagna, lightly breaded chicken Parmigiana, and creamy
fettuccine alfredo. It contains 1,450 calories, 33 grams of saturated fat, and 3,830 milligrams of sodium. If you add a breadstick (150 calories and 400 mg of sodium) with a garden salad with dressing (290 calories and 1,530 mg of sodium), you’ll be well on your way to needing heart bypass surgery.
5. Canned Soups: As an example, an
average cup of Campbell’s regular Condensed Soup contains up to 1,900 mg of sodium in a single can (supposedly two servings, but many will opt for the whole can) more than most adults should consume in an entire day!
Choice soups containing around 400 mg of sodium (which is still a bit too much).

Hopefully, I haven’t spoiled your entire day by advising against such yummy foods. But even if your day is less fun, your future has a chance to be much more secure and probably substantially longer.
This list might be obvious to some of us but unfortunately many people ignore that this foods can be very harmful to their health and I believe it is not expressed enough to the general public. To summarise this quote: don't buy over processed food, better make it from scratch with organic ingredients. (Love this book by the way, so informative!)
imSunshine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imsunshine.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by imSunshine »

Thanks for the insight..Its very helpful information
Saffron
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by Saffron »

Red meat and dairy! Master acne lovers☹️
Charlie19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlie19.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Charlie19 »

Thank you for taking a lot of time to share this with us. This is so helpful and informative. Also, I agree with the information you provided. Thanks!

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”