On a 1 - 10 scale, rate your cooking interest and skills.

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Belynda White
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 8">Destiny Revisited</a>
Currently Reading: What Lies Within
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-belynda-white.html
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: 1400697484

On a 1 - 10 scale, rate your cooking interest and skills.

Post by Belynda White »

I'd place mine at 6. :roll: This is because I'm not such a huge fan of cooking, rather I do it out of obligation. Like when friends come over, I feel the need to serve something. Or when I'm hungry, I feel the need to cook something because I rarely eat out. Plus, I can happily say my cooking is really good, even though it's purely out of obligations and I know my kids will enjoy my meals, when I start giving birth, of course. :lol:
Most times, I fall flat on my face. But never do I remain on the floor; I rise again.
Kevin_Makeez
Currently Reading: Daddy 3.0
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Kevin_Makeez »

I will settle for a four. I am not a huge fan of chilling out in the kitchen,maybe it is because I am not as skilled as such. I tend to think my cooking is bad when I am not hungry.
Belynda White
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 8">Destiny Revisited</a>

Post by Belynda White »

Kevin_Makeez wrote:I will settle for a four. I am not a huge fan of chilling out in the kitchen,maybe it is because I am not as skilled as such. I tend to think my cooking is bad when I am not hungry.
I totally understand. :D Maybe that's because you're a guy? Although I know some guys that really love to cook.

Then possibly, you got some sisters or friends that do cook for you too. But 4 is encouraging though. I'm sure some are still at 1 :shock:
Most times, I fall flat on my face. But never do I remain on the floor; I rise again.
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-whitaker.html
Latest Review: Color Me American by Silvia Sama-Lambiv

Post by Mallory Whitaker »

Ha, I wish I had more of an interest in cooking. Like, I want to want to learn how to cook better and enjoy it, but I just can't get myself to care all that much. I'd probably say I'm around a 5. I can follow a recipe. I'm no whimsical cook though, I don't usually add things/get creative with recipes.

And I know a few guys who really love to cook. My husband does, which probably doesn't help my interest in it all that much since I know someone is around who likes to do it (even if he's not the greatest, bless his heart).
Belynda White

Post by Belynda White »

Mallory Whitaker wrote:Ha, I wish I had more of an interest in cooking. Like, I want to want to learn how to cook better and enjoy it, but I just can't get myself to care all that much. I'd probably say I'm around a 5. I can follow a recipe. I'm no whimsical cook though, I don't usually add things/get creative with recipes.

And I know a few guys who really love to cook. My husband does, which probably doesn't help my interest in it all that much since I know someone is around who likes to do it (even if he's not the greatest, bless his heart).
This is so sweet! I think we're a little alike, just that I can cook but not much interest. I honestly pray everyday I end up in life with a husband who can cook, because that'll totally help too many situations around the house. :)
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-whitaker.html
Latest Review: Color Me American by Silvia Sama-Lambiv

Post by Mallory Whitaker »

Belynda White wrote: This is so sweet! I think we're a little alike, just that I can cook but not much interest. I honestly pray everyday I end up in life with a husband who can cook, because that'll totally help too many situations around the house. :)
Sounds like we are! Cooking is just so time-consuming. I'm like you, I do it out of necessity. I really do wish I enjoyed it more. Maybe it's just about finding the right recipes. I find I make a lot of the same things over and over again because it's easier that way. Haha, I hope you end up with that husband too! It's super helpful.
Belynda White

Post by Belynda White »

Mallory Whitaker wrote:
Belynda White wrote: This is so sweet! I think we're a little alike, just that I can cook but not much interest. I honestly pray everyday I end up in life with a husband who can cook, because that'll totally help too many situations around the house. :)
Sounds like we are! Cooking is just so time-consuming. I'm like you, I do it out of necessity. I really do wish I enjoyed it more. Maybe it's just about finding the right recipes. I find I make a lot of the same things over and over again because it's easier that way. Haha, I hope you end up with that husband too! It's super helpful.
We're so alike! Cooking same thing over and over again, ha! Yes, I definitely hope that prayer do come true or I'll definitely be in big trouble.?
JustEthel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by JustEthel »

I'm not the best cook. So I'll rate myself 5. I love to eat. But in terms of cooking, I don't have the skills of a French chef. I wish though. But at least, I'm not the worst cook either. So far my mom still doesn't complain with what I serve her each time she visits. It must still be edible then.?
Belynda White

Post by Belynda White »

JustEthel wrote:I'm not the best cook. So I'll rate myself 5. I love to eat. But in terms of cooking, I don't have the skills of a French chef. I wish though. But at least, I'm not the worst cook either. So far my mom still doesn't complain with what I serve her each time she visits. It must still be edible then.?
Really sweet.? I really don't know why we like to eat but don't like to cook.? We don't like stress,I guess.?
hebcandle
Currently Reading: The Crane
Bookshelf Size: 1222
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hebcandle.html
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
Reading Device: B00AGAS6XW

Post by hebcandle »

I'd rate myself a 5. I love to cook and I'm pretty good at it but, I have so many food allergies that I'm not cooking the same variety or with the same techniques that I used to. I'm essentially have to re-learn how to cook. My diet is a lot healthier now (which is great), so I will adapt! :)
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
Belynda White

Post by Belynda White »

hebcandle wrote:I'd rate myself a 5. I love to cook and I'm pretty good at it but, I have so many food allergies that I'm not cooking the same variety or with the same techniques that I used to. I'm essentially have to re-learn how to cook. My diet is a lot healthier now (which is great), so I will adapt! :)
Oh dear. So sorry about those allergies. I'm really glad you're able to adapt.
Afuglsan
Currently Reading: The Masked City
Bookshelf Size: 5445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afuglsan.html
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo

Post by Afuglsan »

I'd give myself an 8. I am not an expert, but I know how to make delicious food without following recipes.
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

Hi,
I rate myself a 9-10. I have a strong interest in trying out new recipes. Especially in grilling, stir-fry and roasting. There's nothing I can't grill or roast (except water :lol2: ). My only weakness is baking but my wife is really good in that department. I cook everyday at least once and more on weekends and holidays.
DrewBelle
Currently Reading: Burn Down the Sky
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by DrewBelle »

Well, I'd probably be a 7! I love cooking but I don't really have the proper training or the time for it. I do invent some recipes or give twists to those that are already existing. Who says you can't play with food? It's really fun to mix and match :D
GPM
Favorite Book: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gpm.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by GPM »

I am at 4, but I am planning to learn and explore more. :D
"A man learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people." - Will Rogers
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”