Summer Recipes

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Afuglsan
Currently Reading: The Masked City
Bookshelf Size: 5445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afuglsan.html
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo

Summer Recipes

Post by Afuglsan »

Does anyone have any exciting summer recipes that they just love? To me, nothing says summer like corn on the cob, buttered parsley potatoes and beer brats on homemade buns.
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo
Steph K
Currently Reading: The Hobbit
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steph-k.html
Latest Review: Ever After by H M Irwing

Post by Steph K »

I like grilled Mahi Mahi with avocado mango salsa. It sounds fancy, but it's actually really easy to make, and more affordable to cook in the summer when avocados and mangoes are in season. Just grill the fish, which is super easy, then put the salsa on top. To make the salsa, cut up the avocados and mangoes, drizzle in a little olive oil, then add whatever seasonings you like. Cilantro is what most people like. I use parsley since I don't care for cilantro. Stir it up with the olive oil and seasonings, then put on top of the fish. Voila!
EllieLieberman
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Drank the Moon
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellielieberman.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by EllieLieberman »

One of my favorite summer recipes is this delicious fruit salad. It's dragon fruit, watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, lemon basil, and a squeeze of lemon. We let it sit in the fridge for about an hour at the very least. It is one of our favorite summer dishes!
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

I just love bringing the grill out during the summer. Homemade burgers with grilled vegetables are my favorite. I also like to make tomato salad to go along with it. I mix up a variety of cherry tomatoes sliced in half, sliced cucumbers, feta cheese, and Italian dressing.
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
Doris Hudson
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Doris Hudson »

I love my home made meat burger.I fit two slices of bread with cabbage,two sliced tomatoes,an onion and fried beef without soup.
Nym182
Currently Reading: Harley Quinn
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nym182.html
Latest Review: Homecoming: The Unari Experiment Book 1 by Brian L. Harad

Post by Nym182 »

I love corn on the cob!! I like to cook it in water that has had some sugar put into it before hand... although nothing beats a little butter, a little salt and a little dill on it!

I usually can't eat a lot of hot foods in the summer though. I normally stick to fresh fruits and salads that time of year.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” HST
Netvigator72
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netvigator72.html
Latest Review: Kindred Journeys by Marjorie Tapley-Olson

Post by Netvigator72 »

EllieLieberman wrote: 17 Mar 2019, 15:39 One of my favorite summer recipes is this delicious fruit salad. It's dragon fruit, watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, lemon basil, and a squeeze of lemon. We let it sit in the fridge for about an hour at the very least. It is one of our favorite summer dishes!
It’s almost midnight and this made my mouth water.
Sjtoy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sjtoy.html
Latest Review: Marriage Maximized by William Hutcheson

Post by Sjtoy »

I love fruit pizza. It is made with a sugar cookie crust, a cream cheese and sugar icing, and any fruit you want. It doesn't keep well but is so delicious.
Book Lover7
Currently Reading: Crown on Midnight (Throne of Glass #2)
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover7.html
Latest Review: The Light of the Dying by Michelle Reynoso

Post by Book Lover7 »

Cucumber and watermelon salad is my all time favourite summer salad. For drink I would prefer Cucumber smoothie 😋. For dessert I recommend Mishti doi a Indian dessert made up of yogurt and caramel which is easy and tasty dessert ever😍☺️🙈.
Akshi Porwal
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akshi-porwal.html
Latest Review: The Heat Is On by Afzal (Al) Sovani

Post by Akshi Porwal »

The easiest thing I like to eat in summers is watermelon with black salt.
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

I love drinking juices made up of fresh fruits with soda, mint and black salt.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”