What do you prefer- dieting or exercise?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
tntmamoo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Re: What do you prefer- dieting or exercise?

Post by tntmamoo »

I get winded really quickly so it's much more easy for me to diet and surprisingly it works. All I do is cut my portions back in half and even though it's not a drastic drop over time, it is constant.
I do enjoy walking though and this helps maintain the burn.
Surprisingly I still junk now and then and do not cut out carbs altogether but I really don't need a whole 20 ounce sugary drink when 6 ounces can suffice.
So far I've lost about 3 pounds per month since this year started.
With time, your willpower becomes stronger and you become more conscious of what your body needs (rather than what you want) to run more efficiently.
Nicole_Boyd
Currently Reading: Devil in False Colors
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicole-boyd.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Nicole_Boyd »

I like both actually. I’ve been trying to eat more holistically lately and I found a great program that has online workouts that I can do from home! (So helpful since I’ve got small kids and don’t really like going to the gym.) I’ve had some great results with it with trying to get back in shape after baby #2. (Much faster than with my first.) I strongly believe that you can exercise all you want but if you don’t have your diet in line as well, you’ll just undo all your hard work!
gguillermo19
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by gguillermo19 »

actually both,we eat according to our diet and do the house chores for exercise..both are very important its for us how to manage it.
Charlie19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlie19.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Charlie19 »

Exercise is better it can boost your body more than dieting
Monet_va
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monet-va.html
Latest Review: Cowboys Don't Fly by John Steed

Post by Monet_va »

You're definitely right. As with everything in life, the key is balance. No diet or exercise alone will truly work.
Hina1180
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Hina1180 »

I prefer balanced healthy diet with walk and excercise . Morning walk is very effective for health . So make a habit of walk with proper healthy diet plan in which all nutrients required for your body .
LinaMueller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 261
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: The Wingless Fairy by Kye Strothers

Post by LinaMueller »

Nicole_Boyd wrote: 23 Jun 2019, 21:09 I like both actually. I’ve been trying to eat more holistically lately and I found a great program that has online workouts that I can do from home! (So helpful since I’ve got small kids and don’t really like going to the gym.) I’ve had some great results with it with trying to get back in shape after baby #2. (Much faster than with my first.) I strongly believe that you can exercise all you want but if you don’t have your diet in line as well, you’ll just undo all your hard work!
Why don't you like going to the gym? Is it because of the kids or you simply don't like it? By the way, your baby is adorable. You are very lucky. :tiphat:
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson
MatereF
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-materef.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by MatereF »

Both. I check my meals and also exercise four times a week.In so doing i ave managed to keep my weight in check.
"The courage to imagine the otherwise is our greatest resource". Daniel J Boorstin
Charlie19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlie19.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Charlie19 »

i actually think that you should do both in order to gain the weight and shape that you wanted..because maybe neither will work perfectly without the other
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

I prefer exercise, but need to do both consistently for the optimum results.
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
Nicole_Boyd
Currently Reading: Devil in False Colors
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicole-boyd.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Nicole_Boyd »

LinaMueller wrote: 06 Jul 2019, 14:20
Nicole_Boyd wrote: 23 Jun 2019, 21:09 I like both actually. I’ve been trying to eat more holistically lately and I found a great program that has online workouts that I can do from home! (So helpful since I’ve got small kids and don’t really like going to the gym.) I’ve had some great results with it with trying to get back in shape after baby #2. (Much faster than with my first.) I strongly believe that you can exercise all you want but if you don’t have your diet in line as well, you’ll just undo all your hard work!
Why don't you like going to the gym? Is it because of the kids or you simply don't like it? By the way, your baby is adorable. You are very lucky. :tiphat:
Yeah now it’s because of the kids but I used to be very self conscious when I was young. Didn’t like people looking at me and got embarrassed. Now I know if I did go to the gym other people really don’t care so I would definitely go. I go to hotel gyms when I’m traveling but I have a workout program I do from home now so it’s really nice.
LinaMueller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 261
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: The Wingless Fairy by Kye Strothers

Post by LinaMueller »

Charlie19 wrote: 10 Jul 2019, 00:39 i actually think that you should do both in order to gain the weight and shape that you wanted..because maybe neither will work perfectly without the other
You are totally right. It's possible to lose weight without dieting, but the results will be far worse than what we may imagine.
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson
Corina Elena
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corinaelena.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black

Post by Corina Elena »

Both! I hate talking about "results", as I don't think the main goal should be weight loss, but a healthy mind and body altogether. That being said, I enjoy some high-intensity training combined with a few days of yoga per week. As for dieting, I try to pay attention to the amount of calories I eat and I follow a plant-based diet, but that is for ethical reasons, not so much health. So I "cheat" pretty often with vegan burgers and a lot of nachos :mrgreen: . I guess as long as you remain mindful and exercise as much as possible, your health has a lot to benefit from it and you will thank yourself later on in life.
April Ruvs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-april-ruvs.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by April Ruvs »

Excercise so I can eat what I want in moderation.
"Trust the wisdom of your soul it knows the way" unknown
jennifa17
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by jennifa17 »

It's easier for me to exercise than diet because I like to eat what I want.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”