What do you prefer- dieting or exercise?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Cecil kenyane
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What do you prefer- dieting or exercise?

Post by Cecil kenyane »

I was in love with food before i realised that I was loosing my shape and having abnormal weight.
Exercising is my choice guyz, my shape is reinstating
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Post by ayoomisope »

Both are very good to keep the body in shape.For me, i don't do any of them, i do not have any weight to shed as I am a very slim person.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
akuns003

Post by akuns003 »

I definitely agree that there must be a balance! I have fibromyalgia, so I try to refrain rom much heavy activity - by default, I just changed my dietary habits to much healthier options. I don't believe in "dieting," just making smarter choices for the long-term. Make those new and better choices into habits so the results last longer and are much better for the body in the long run.
Cate winslet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Cate winslet »

I prefer exercise, I love eating
Camille Turner
Currently Reading: Angela's Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-camille-turner.html
Latest Review: Hippocrates and The Hobgoblin: The Sedes Infernum by C.S. Colvin

Post by Camille Turner »

I prefer exercising. Doing ballet is my favorite way to do so. I eat healthy in general and don't overeat so any stricter diet would just be horrible for this foodie!
amycyndy18

Post by amycyndy18 »

A healthy diet n exercise is the perfect way
R-Myra
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-myra.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by R-Myra »

I prefer exercise because then I can eat whatever I want and work out to lose the extra calories off my body. And besides, dieting is not my cup of tea :wink:
-R
kdot

Post by kdot »

I would go for exercise, I have tried dieting several times and it has never worked for me
Samisah
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samisah.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by Samisah »

dieting really doesn't work for me. so I exercise! I like the feel of my body after a hard workout. it makes me flexible.
Bukari
Currently Reading: Everything Solid Has a Shadow
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bukari.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Bukari »

As for me I prefer dieting to exercise, because most at times I don't do exercise. So it's better for me to manage my diet well.
Honeybeetle
Currently Reading: Snow Crash
Bookshelf Size: 318
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honeybeetle.html
Latest Review: Loving Well, The Key To Satisfying and Joyful Relationships by Erin K Leonard (Dr Erin Leonard)

Post by Honeybeetle »

They say you can't outrun a poor diet, not that I haven't tried. I don't like feeling deprived, so I go for exercise rather than strict dieting. Plus, exercise helps with other health issues I have, so it's a double benefit.
Holler about books on Twitter with me @DextroColeo! :techie-studyinggray:
Shimar ahamed

Post by Shimar ahamed »

I would say exercise because exercise is a conversion of energy which you get from food. You can eat as much as you want but only thing is you have to work equally. The amount of work you put before age of 50 results after 50. With diet you can safely cross 50 but your bones may be weak whereas when you exercise hardly you'll still have the body of steel even after 50. I conclude that hard physical work matters more than some wierd diet.
Sridhar-Padma

Post by Sridhar-Padma »

I neither prefer dieting nor exercise to stay healthy.
My mantra is enjoy every damn food in nature (every food has it's own nutrients) and stay active in life. Sticking to a certain kind of diet and draining your energy out in gym may not help you. Instead, you will get exhausted one day and you may start hating your life.
My suggestion and what I follow is, "thrive to be a perfectionist" in life. Does that sound crazy? :eusa-think:
Not really. Being perfect need lots of energy. Be perfect in taking care of kids, keeping house neat and clean, cooking good food, playing with your kids, be perfect in your office, be punctual, do complete your work on time which will earn you good name and appreciation from family and colleagues. That will give you a feel good feel. Eventually your stress will be out of you.
Now you have a loving family, happy work place, good food, stress free active life, what else do you think you need to stay healthy?
And most of all don't forget your 8 hours night sleep.
You will be perfectly healthy..like me. Sic. :D
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

I prefer getting into the habit of a healthy diet. From there, I can have a cheat day and just work out. It's easier for me to adjust my diet than it is for me to exercise, although moderate exercise is something I try to do often.
KRay93
Currently Reading: The Bourne Identity
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kray93.html
Latest Review: Non-Disclosure by George Dapra

Post by KRay93 »

I'm skinny and I eat well, so I have no need for a diet. On the contrary, since I do some exercise (simple things mostly: some bicycle, push-ups, abdominals, etc), I need to eat a little more than usual. Also, I have an excellent metabolism. The few times I have eaten in excess, I have never gained much weight in return.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”