What is your favorite food themed cozy mystery series?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Mailis
Currently Reading: The Employee Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mailis.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: What is your favorite food themed cozy mystery series?

Post by Mailis »

The first one that comes to mind is Tamar Myers- Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery series. It has this wry humor and funny and fun recipes in it. And gives unique humorous spin to Amish culture.
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

The Chief Inspector Armand Gamache series by Louise Penny isn't specifically about food, but there is food in every book. And she has the recipes on her website.
Charlaigne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlaigne.html
Latest Review: Reaching the Shore by Davin Jake Douma and BonnieJane Hall

Post by Charlaigne »

Oh my gosh, put mystery and food together and I'm gone...will have to look up some of these.
The only ones I've read are by Enid Blyton and I've completely forgotten all about the food. The Simmering Death title made me laugh. (Now I'm thinking of that French film Delicatessen...)
TaaraLynn
Currently Reading: To Selena, With Love
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taaralynn.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by TaaraLynn »

TRUpshur wrote: 22 Feb 2017, 17:46 I agree! I didn't really know there was such a thing out there! I'm going to have to look out for these, although I really enjoy my crockpot. So if there was a crockpot themed mystery novel, I would be all in!
Speaking of Crock Pot mysteries, I found a series by Tim Myers called The Slow Cooker Cozy Mysteries. Currently, it looks as though there are only two books in the series:
Slow Cooked Murder
Simmering Death

I haven't read them yet. I've got too many books in my queue right now. :techie-studyingbrown: I think I've only read a couple of Diane Mott Davidson books. Maybe I'll look for those. However, my first intro into food related cozy mysteries is the Mary Daheim Bed and Breakfast series. I though it was hilarious. :lol2: I'll definitely be looking into those later in the year.
[/quote]

Slow Cooker Cozy Mysteries? Simply because of the titles, I'm going to need to read these! :techie-studyingbrown:
"Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren't so different. We saw the same sunset." - Ponyboy Curtis, The Outsiders
Lil Reads
Currently Reading: Chip’s World: Complex #31 and The Caretaker
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lil-reads.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Lil Reads »

Mailis wrote: 11 Feb 2018, 05:37 The first one that comes to mind is Tamar Myers- Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery series. It has this wry humor and funny and fun recipes in it. And gives unique humorous spin to Amish culture.
Thanks for the recommendation! I haven't heard of Myers' books and they sound really different compared to many of the ones I have heard of.
:coffee3-smiley: :auto-mysterymachine:
chargraves
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by chargraves »

Kat Berg wrote: 26 Oct 2017, 23:05 I love the Dianne Mott Davidson books, but I have never once made one of her recipes. They very seldom sound good to me, and I am picky about my recipes. I usually know what I will like when I read it, and am pretty good at figuring out what others will like as well. But I do like her books. Joanne Fluke is also a favorite, although I get tired of them if I read too many in a row. Cleo Coyle has recipes at the end of her books, and they all include coffee. (I am an addict!) And the stories are a good cozy read.
I love the Cleo Coyle series, too :) I don't even drink coffee much, but I love hearing about it.

Moving Dianne Mott Davidson's series up on my TBR.

Other good food cozies are:
A Food Lover's Village mysteries by Leslie Budewitz
A Domestic Diva mysteries by Krista Davis
Santa Fe Cafe Mysteries by Ann Myers
Netvigator72
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netvigator72.html
Latest Review: Kindred Journeys by Marjorie Tapley-Olson

Post by Netvigator72 »

mewsmash wrote: 21 Jan 2017, 22:02 Food-themed mystery novels exist? Count me in!
I was thinking the same!
Pnbeaumont+
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Pnbeaumont+ »

I also love the Joanne Fluke series with Hannah Swenson hand Laura child's tea shop mysteries series and her other series scrapbooking mysteries. They all have recipes at the end of the books

Penelope beaumont

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”