Keto

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
DMDLindaH
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=60394">A Thousand Miles to Freedom</a>
Currently Reading: Dreams of Gods and Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 595

Keto

Post by DMDLindaH »

Our family has gone keto so if anyone has any great Keto friendly recipes I would love to try them.
Amh73090
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amh73090.html
Latest Review: "Another-Blended Not Shaken" by Sherrie L. Todd

Post by Amh73090 »

What is Keto? The name sounds interesting. I'd like to learn more about it.
Latest Review: "Another-Blended Not Shaken" by Sherrie L. Todd
DMDLindaH
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=60394">A Thousand Miles to Freedom</a>

Post by DMDLindaH »

It's following a Low Carb High Fat diet. Pretty much the opposite of the norm, but there is a lot of stuff about it online and it's been really good. I've lost 15 lbs so far and I don't get the highs and lows I did when I was eating carbs. I'm also eating a lot healthier because you pretty much rule out all the boxed foods and eat pretty natural. Meat, cheese, eggs, vegetables etc.
Aohanlon86
Favorite Author: Charlaine Harris
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amcdanel86.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
fav_author_id: 3791

Post by Aohanlon86 »

DMDLindaH wrote:Our family has gone keto so if anyone has any great Keto friendly recipes I would love to try them.
sounds interesting. how did you cut out breads and pastas. I love pizza
Andrea O'Hanlon
Twisted Creations Home & Bath
Author
DMDLindaH

Post by DMDLindaH »

There are some great low carb recipes on Pinterest. It does take more planning though as you have to cook most things like that from scratch. I've lost 35 lbs so far on it though, so it's been worth it. :)
clairehast
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by clairehast »

"ruled me " and tasteaholics are best sites for keto recipes for Breakfast Burger or Low Carb Breakfast.
DMDLindaH

Post by DMDLindaH »

"Ruled me" is very good. I haven't been to tasteaholics. I'll have to check it out. :)
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird03.html
Latest Review: Retort and Retribution by Jak Dello

Post by Bluebird03 »

I've gotten several keto recipes off of Pinterest. They include anything from the main entrée, to breads, appetizers and desserts. Anything that I have tried so far has been very good. My husband is not interested in low carb or keto recipes, but he likes the recipes I've tried. And I call tell a big difference in how much better I feel and how much more energy I have-not to mention clothes are much looser.
Taylor Danvers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor-danvers.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Taylor Danvers »

What is keto? Is it like being vegetarian? I will totally find that out.
:happy-cheerleaderkid: :text-feedback: :text-welcomeconfetti:
jesscat304
Favorite Book: The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A f*ck
Currently Reading: It Ends with Us
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesscat304.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by jesscat304 »

I have undertaken this diet over the last year and it’s a lot more satisfying and easier than I expected. I feel better, I’m less moody and I have lost the last 5 kgs that I have been trying to lose for ages, so much so that I’m am the happiest with my body that I have ever been. I would definitely recommend it
sdatsy
Currently Reading: Randy Love...at your service
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by sdatsy »

I have recently started keto and so far a staple for me has been cheese. I absolutely love cheese and I am very glad that I can easily incorporate it into keto recipes. A staple recipe I recommend looking into is fathead dough /fathead pizza. It is just amazing!
Kristi_Nicole
Currently Reading: Yesterday
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Kristi_Nicole »

How was the detoxing period? I have heard many people get sick when they first try keto.
_claudi_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claudi.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by _claudi_ »

I think keto is basically an emphasis on consuming more fat and protein with less of carbs. This is not for everyone so check with your doctor first.
Melexa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melexa.html
Latest Review: Colors of Love by Adeola Oyekola

Post by Melexa »

_claudi_ wrote: 21 Oct 2020, 12:32 I think keto is basically an emphasis on consuming more fat and protein with less of carbs. This is not for everyone so check with your doctor first.
So true. I tried keto a couple of years ago. Yes, I lost some weight but I was always feeling weak and faint. My husband warned me off the diet for fear I'd collapse one day :lol2:
Melexa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melexa.html
Latest Review: Colors of Love by Adeola Oyekola

Post by Melexa »

One keto recipe I enjoyed was the egg wraps.

Fry two eggs (don't scramble).
Mix some letus or cabbage, chopped chicken, cheese, grated carrots, pepper (optional), onions(and whatever vegetables you choose) with mayo.
Put the mixed vegetables and mayo on one side of your fried eggs and wrap like you would wrap shawarma or spring rolls... and you are good to go!
Delicious!

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”