What Did You Cook/bake Today?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
justjim
Favorite Book: Project Tau
Currently Reading: Trying to Save Piggy Sneed
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justjim.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Re: What Did You Cook/bake Today?

Post by justjim »

Fatima-rbii wrote: 21 Oct 2019, 18:53 Salmon with potato and carrot my daughter love it
That sounds delicious!
"Never memorize something that you can look up." Albert Einstein
winecellarlibrary
Favorite Author: Juliet Marillier
Currently Reading: Yesterday
Bookshelf Size: 462
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-winecellarlibrary.html
Latest Review: The Lines Between Us by Rebecca D'Harlingue
Reading Device: B07VMB5L3C
fav_author_id: 17456

Post by winecellarlibrary »

OOO this is a fun topic! I love cooking and experimenting with new ingredients! I recently subscribed to Misfits Market, which is a company based on the East Coast of the US that "rescues" so-called "ugly" produce (oversized, undersized, or misshapen) and produce that could not sell at market or to grocery stores. Since I do not know what I will receive from week to week, I have to get creative!

Tonight, I used a Java apple, two yellow onions, a bunch of green mizuna (AKA Japanese mustard greens), some russet potatoes, and some carrots from my delivery. I seared some boneless pork chops in a skillet, then combined diced onion and apple with chicken stock concentrate and cinnamon in the same skillet to make a savory and sweet autumn topping. I sautéed the mizuna with onion slices and some chicken broth and balsamic vinegar. I cut the potatoes into steak fries and cut the carrots into long spears and roasted them with salt, pepper, and olive oil. It was a hit with my partner!

For lunch today, I combined the beets and radishes from my shipment and roasted them. In the last few minutes of roasting, I added some small-diced red onion. I topped that off with the pomegranate seeds from the pomegranates I received in my delivery. I then allowed it to cool. It was so flavorful and sweet that I didn't even need dressing, though some raspberry vinaigrette may have dressed it up a bit!
lilaclily
Currently Reading: Invent, Innovate and Prosper
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by lilaclily »

I made lasagna with three simple ingredients.
tannus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tannus.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by tannus »

I made chicken curry today. It came out so good. Though I am new to cooking I like to try new recipes which are beginner-friendly
Jayashree1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jayashree1.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Jayashree1 »

I made some shepherd's pie. It was a hit with my kids and my dearest friend. Simple but delicious it was all the more tastier because we shared a meal with loved ones.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 509
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

I really want to make some pignoli cookies for the holidays! They are pricey I will say that. But so worth it. :)
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
TerrifiedTaylor
Currently Reading: Corrigendum
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-terrifiedtaylor.html
Latest Review: Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Post by TerrifiedTaylor »

Well first off, I want to start by saying Happy Thanksgiving y'all.

But today in the kitchen, I cooked a 4 lb. bird all by myself. I know it's not really rocket science and anyone can do it, but it's just the idea of being 23 and being able to do things myself. Which I know I'm not the only one that can cook at this age tho... Made some stuffing, spinach, green beans, and gravy. :)
JessieHogan

Post by JessieHogan »

Homemade pizza crust with pork sausage, red onion, mushrooms and black olives
acopj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by acopj »

God help us, there's a heavy rainfall in the PH now.. Hope to have a safe day sending to all of you.. Since it's very cokd, i cooked soup with grilled BBQ.
Chelsey Coles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsey-coles.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chelsey Coles »

A big ol' pot of chili!! :mrgreen: :cooking:
“It's far less important to me to be liked these days than to be understood.” :sad-teareye:
― Lionel Shriver, We Need to Talk About Kevin
jadecalliope

Post by jadecalliope »

Tonight's dinner is bone-in pork chops. Currently have them salted and sitting to come to room temp. Will pat them dry and coat in a mix of mayo and pesto to marinate while I get the potatoes going to boil (going to mash them). Also roasting some broccoli in the oven with garlic and lemon and will hit it with some parmesan when it gets out of the oven. The pork chops are going to be pan seared and finished in the oven.

The mayo is my new favorite thing. I am NOT a fan of mayo but mixing my seasonings in with the mayo and coating the meat actually does great things for the browning. I don't even put oil in the pan, the mayo has plenty of fat for that.

Dessert is going to be more chocolate chip cookies. Made a batch of dough the other night and I just bake a few cookies each night for us to enjoy with milk while they are still warm. This batch has a cup of dark chocolate, a cup of semisweet chocolate, and 1/2 of espresso chips. I am not a fan of the espresso chips from Nestle. The idea is sound but the chips are terribly bitter on their own. With the other chocolates it works.
kanusilas11111
Currently Reading:

Post by kanusilas11111 »

Its Been a hard time preparing some delicious food in the kichteen but as the lord may have it i have prepared a wonderful jollof rice!!!
Msred325
Favorite Book: It
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172

Post by Msred325 »

I made chicken wings and French fries, in the air fryer. I just bought a new-bigger one. This was the first use. They turned out pretty good.
Kenyotta41+

Post by Kenyotta41+ »

I cook ground beef patties with cook rice fried corn and gravy from scratch 😍😍😋
Kenyotta41+

Post by Kenyotta41+ »

How do Greek meatballs taste I never had that before

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”