10 Mins Reading Therapy: what's yours?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Rinkal21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon 10 Mins Reading Therapy: what's yours?

Post by Rinkal21 »

I feel reading is the best tool for the improvement of mental health. I started reading for 10 mins regularly and could feel the difference. I was so frustrated with my routine and would end up criticizing myself for building this mundane routine. I felt that working for someone (basically a job) for 8 hours every 5 days in a row like a machine and then coming back home and not working on myself. This sulking life forced me to look up fresh options to stabilize my mind and get an escape from the fast competitive world out there. It seemed everything pointless and felt like I am wasting my time.

Initially, it started with me and a small book sitting in my bedroom, the passion went on expanding and exploring different places to read, from a very cosy corner of my room with a cup of coffee to reading on a bus while travelling to reading under bright sun or shady trees in a garden. Gradually, my daily 10 mins detachment start expanding to 20 mins and then an hour every day. It is a great way of relaxing your mind. I am not an avid reader yet but, being on the way to becoming one!

Reading has productively healed my mind and has also provided a new way to see things around me. It has boosted my self-confidence and rebuilt my mental powers. Reading regained my ability to read quicker, skim the material, understand the reading in a depth, and analytical skills, and improved my focus and concentration. Sparing hardly 10 minutes on reading will aid you to relax and mould your creativity into a profitable manner. I am sure you will love finding a new you by reading at least 10-15 mins a day.
lawisimportant23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawisimportant23.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by lawisimportant23 »

I also use reading as a form of therapy. I usually read a chapter of a book each day after work and I find that it helps me unwind.
Rositsa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rositsa.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Rositsa »

I guess we all fall victim of this endless loop if we don't develop some sort of a way to break out. Doing the same things over and over again drives me crazy and I noticed decline in my productivity over time. Creating the time to do something that feeds my soul became a neccessity. I love reading it's my passion ane drug. I enjoy crafts a lot, too. Spending some quality time with friends and family (and pets) outside the normal everyday routine helps me feel more human. I recently discovered audiobooks and it makes my chores (or driving to work) much better.
LS Daniyal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ls-daniyal.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by LS Daniyal »

Wow, I think this might be effective, if you have a good book and if you are willing to give it a try. Sometimes we are just so tired that we don’t want to do what would be beneficial to our life.
Today's me is better than yesterday's me.
Le-nic Pretorius
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-le-nic-pretorius.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Le-nic Pretorius »

Oh yes! Reading has a calming effect on me. Even if I only read a couple of pages I can feel the difference afterward. Reading is a very good therapy for the mind.
Michael Adam Glidden Forteski
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Parable of the Sower
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-adam-glidden-forteski.html
Latest Review: Mindful Screen Time by John and Kimberley Woods

Post by Michael Adam Glidden Forteski »

I love comic books. Those are immensely therapeutic for me. Other than that, just ten minutes with whatever I am reading at the moment.
aazminsyeda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aazminsyeda.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by aazminsyeda »

i combine reading with writing for a whole page. It is a wonderful hobby and an venting outlet for me.
Ika Apro
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: The Warrior's Meditation by Richard L Haight

Post by Ika Apro »

Reading 20 minutes before bed while drinking tea and having some thinking time after that helps me so much.
Shiru Elizabeth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shiru-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Unit 52 by Warren Barrow

Post by Shiru Elizabeth »

For a quick reading therapy session, I often indulge in 10 minutes of immersing myself in a good book – a small escape that provides relaxation and mental rejuvenation.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”