Coffee or Tea?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
Dog 8 Mybook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Coffee or Tea?

Post by Dog 8 Mybook »

I am not a drug addict so I avoid mind altering substances if possible. Coffee sometimes smells acceptable but the taste is so horrid I wonder why anyone would develop a taste for it (sort of like escargot, you eat that? My stars, WHY?). On the rare occasion I drink coffee - such as facing dehydration with no other acceptable liquids available - the preferred mix (supposing a standard 10oz restaurant cup) is a minimum of 2oz of cream and at least 6 tsp of sugar. Hopefully that will kill the taste enough to choke it down.
I drink tea. Usually I drink about 1/2 gallon a day but when summer hits, with the 100+ days, that will climb to 5 or 6 quarts. Mint is almost always part of the blend added to some other herbal flavoring agent. At the moment my mug holds mint and ginger; yesterday it was mint and blueberry. The tea is cold unless I am cold then I will drink it warm.
The book I am currently writing has a Sherriff's lutenent drinking traditional Navaho Greenthread tea and a bumbling deputy that drinks "Float-a-wrench" nasty coffee from the local diner.
HollandBlue
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollandblue.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by HollandBlue »

NEED...COFFEE!!!
:techie-studyinggray: when I get a little money I buy books; and if I have any left l buy food and clothes
Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamas
(1466-1536)
Noraine Alissa Poria
Currently Reading: Bro Code
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noraine-alissa-poria.html
Latest Review: The Making Of A Con by Grace Larson

Post by Noraine Alissa Poria »

I don't like the smell of tea, so I like coffee better. It helps me get through the day and energized me. I think I can't go on a day without drinking at least one cup of coffee.
gswhyte
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gswhyte.html
Latest Review: No Dark Clouds by R W Nelson

Post by gswhyte »

Definitely tea. Preferably herbal or green, straight up, brewed in the pot until beginning to cool, then poured into my favorite pewter mug. Lately, I've been drinking a chocolate chai blend with some honey added, though I also enjoy peppermint or a loose leaf fruity blend from time to time. Then turn on some epic, classical or soundtrack music in the background and write. :techie-studyinggray:
Harley-Panda
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harley-panda.html
Latest Review: Kennedy's Revenge by Stephen L Rodenbeck

Post by Harley-Panda »

I do enjoy a cup of tea (milk, no sugar) during the wintertime, and often also have green teas. During the summer I tend to drink water or carbonated soft drinks. Occasionally I'll have an iced latte (weather permitting) and really enjoy it, but I don't have it too often otherwise it begins to taste too sweet! I think I tend to drink plain water more than tea or coffee though!
I go to seek a Great Perhaps
sszb
Favorite Book: Dear Mr. Knightley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 170
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sszb.html
Latest Review: Uncle Yuta has an Adventure by Claire Youmans
Reading Device: B072V4HK9F

Post by sszb »

I am a tea person. You can say tea addicted or teaholic. I am not ashamed of saying I AM A PROUD TEAHOLIC 🤪🤪💐💐💐💐💐💐
‏We’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one.”

‏ Middleton, Jacquelyn.
JordanKSmith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jordanksmith.html
Latest Review: First Family by Alice Langholt
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by JordanKSmith »

I don't calculate my coffee consumption in cups.

I love coffee. I can go a bit too far, so I'll go on periodic fasts to give my body a break. When I am in coffee mode, I try everything. I've pillaged the local Starbucks of every item on the menu.

I'll sometimes make some loose-leaf tea. There is a shop in Disney Springs in Florida that has some tasty mixes. Eventually, I'm going to go full British and make some proper tea. I love that stuff.
If it looks bad, you've zoomed in too far.

Unconditional love is impossible until you can look at yourself without judgment.
(9 of 175 Books by 12/1/19)
chamomile

Post by chamomile »

I prefer coffee over tea, though I don't necessarily drink it to function for my writing or as a side for reading. But if we're talking about preferences I can't down anything other than a latte and my tea favourites are milk and chrysanthemum.
JordanKSmith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jordanksmith.html
Latest Review: First Family by Alice Langholt

Post by JordanKSmith »

chamomile wrote: 26 Dec 2018, 22:50 I prefer coffee over tea
I think your name implies a contractual obligation to prefer tea over coffee.

Viva la Rebelión!
If it looks bad, you've zoomed in too far.

Unconditional love is impossible until you can look at yourself without judgment.
(9 of 175 Books by 12/1/19)
Khrysalis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khrysalis.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by Khrysalis »

Coffee to stimulate, tea to relax.

I grind my coffee beans (favor Peats) most of the time, and I like Dutch butter cookie-flavored creamer in it. Peppermint creamer during the holiday season, sometimes. I only drink coffee in the early mornings, though. When I carve out some time to write in the afternoon or evening, I use music to stimulate my mental juices. I like listening to video game soundtracks, especially old favorite RPGs that stir memories. Like Chrono Trigger or Legend of Mana.

I drink green tea or chamomile tea in the evenings. Straight, nothing in it. I like the natural flavor of the tea.
“Truth wasn't something you went out and found. It was wide and vast and deep and unending, and all you could hope to see was a tiny part of it. And to see that part and to mistake it for the whole was to make of Truth a lie.”
― Margaret Weis
elissasmart

Post by elissasmart »

My favorite neuro-stimulant is an apple. Before I sit to write, I eat a big fresh apple and walk around my house. Coffee and tea just prevent me to concentrate.
Eteru
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eteru.html
Latest Review: Otherside by Aaron Dennis

Post by Eteru »

Regardless of the situation, I'd always choose coffee without hesitation. Objectively speaking, tea has more health benefits compared to coffee, but I just couldn't stand the taste of it.
Hannan Usman

Post by Hannan Usman »

Coffee, I go to work early, buy my French Vanilla coffee, open my PC and then start writing anything I've brewed in my mind but hey, I may try tea sometimes sounds good!
Louanne Piccolo
Currently Reading: A Judegement in Stone
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-louanne-piccolo.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Louanne Piccolo »

Tea here. I like black tea with vanilla flavour the most during the day, but I always kick off the day with green tea at breakfast. No milk in my tea, I'm British English but not from the UK!
It's likely I will die next to a pile of things I was meaning to read - Lemony Snicket
KDJ
Favorite Book: Elenor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdj.html
Latest Review: Homecoming by Jude Austin

Post by KDJ »

I try to start each day with either green or black tea before breakfast, and any time I'm reading. But I do have days when just a big glass of water can have me with the same level of concentration. I don't know if that is weird but it is something I have noticed. :D
He that loves reading has everything within his reach. —William Godwin

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”