Infusion smoker

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
moomawpw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moomawpw.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Icon Infusion smoker

Post by moomawpw »

Like a lot of people, I love smoked meats and fish, but in Montana, winter makes that pretty impossible for part of the year. But then I discovered a gadget called an infusion smoker. Tried it twice so far, with salmon and with a small steak, and it really works. I'm wondering about other cooks' experience with this.
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

I've actually never heard of an infusion smoker before! How do you cook with it?
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
moomawpw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moomawpw.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by moomawpw »

You don't actually cook with an infusion smoker. It gives a smoked flavor to something already cooked. It's basically a small chimney with a container where you place a small amount of wood chips, which you light. Then a fan blows the smoke through a tube into a pot or other lidded container that holds whatever you are smoking. I have used it with fish, chicken and pork so far.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”