Halloween

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
jamibozz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamibozz.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Halloween

Post by jamibozz »

Hello hello!!

Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday! And I was just wondering what everyone is making for it. I do the typical “mummy dogs” but am wondering what other fun, festive foods I can do this year.

Thanks!
Reynaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reynaa.html
Latest Review: Sucsexful: by Rachel Martin

Post by Reynaa »

Halloween is my favorite also!!! Usually I refer to Pinterest for ideas. I am going to try the mummy dogs too. Last year I made cheese "Jack-o-lantern" quesadillas by cutting the tops of tortillas into a stem shape and on every other tortilla, cut a jack o lantern face into it. Put cheese in the uncut tortilla and put the face tortilla on top. I baked them just til the cheese melted. They were so cute!
Browneh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-browneh.html
Latest Review: Spyder Bones by Oliver Phipps
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Browneh »

I loveeeeeeeeee making jam doughnuts into mummies or ghosts, when you bite into them, the jam looks like blood! You can also do that with every other creature you can think of - maybe a zombie one?
jamibozz
Currently Reading:

Post by jamibozz »

Browneh wrote: 24 Sep 2019, 08:15 I loveeeeeeeeee making jam doughnuts into mummies or ghosts, when you bite into them, the jam looks like blood! You can also do that with every other creature you can think of - maybe a zombie one?

Love that idea!!! Maybe even filled donut holes with black jel for the eyes and mouth. Even though ghosts don’t bleed! 😂
jamibozz
Currently Reading:

Post by jamibozz »

Reynaa wrote: 23 Sep 2019, 21:41 Halloween is my favorite also!!! Usually I refer to Pinterest for ideas. I am going to try the mummy dogs too. Last year I made cheese "Jack-o-lantern" quesadillas by cutting the tops of tortillas into a stem shape and on every other tortilla, cut a jack o lantern face into it. Put cheese in the uncut tortilla and put the face tortilla on top. I baked them just til the cheese melted. They were so cute!
I saw this jack-o-lantern quesadillas on Facebook recently. They looked easy enough. I like your way of finishing them in the oven though!
RavingReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ravingreads.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by RavingReads »

I love to make cupcakes with different decorations on top! Love to Frankenstein, mummiea, vampires, and werewolves! Easy to do and fun to look at!

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”