Short Story Contest 1 Vote

The deadline for the second contest has already passed and the stories are available for reading. It had a Spring theme, and the winner got a $25 gift certificate. Stay tuned for information regarding another contest!
Are you an author, publisher or webmaster? Contact Scott if you would like to sponsor the next short story contest.

Which story do you think is best?

Poll ended at 15 Mar 2007, 08:19

Blood
50%
Billy's Coloring Book
25%
A Leaf Falls Skyward
25%

Total votes: 8

leonkom
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by leonkom »

The I think about tomorrow less, the the life becomes longer.(Leonid Komeliagin)
leonkom

Post by leonkom »

If the God has created the person on an image and the similarity, we not slaves God, we its children.
(Leonid Komeliagin)
bookfly

Post by bookfly »

hehe I know too

i likewarhammer gold
as you likewarhammer gold
jose43

Post by jose43 »

New Year GIFT, a Free Book Reading Portal is being launched! I am talking about Great Rare Books available for free reading at http://www.GreatRareBooks.com and they claim to have over 100,000 Rare Books ready to post! They are uploading books on priority you demand them to load first!

Guys, I think we should encourage them…Lets have a look at it

Chris
jwoodcock

Post by jwoodcock »

test
printingman

Post by printingman »

leonkom wrote:Days and nights are carried by,
Being pressed in a year.
And the future loneliness,
is more terrible than any trouble.

You will stand,
you will look back in the past!
Also you search there for a light trace.
As was good,
From so much the last years a little!
(Leonid Komeliagin)
This is such a poem that can touch your heart. I dont like this poem, i realy love this poem...
thanks for posting poem
Perrywinkle47

Post by Perrywinkle47 »

Think 100 times before you take a decision, But once that decision is taken, stand by it as one man.
Muhammad Ali Jinnah
Nitromeaga

Post by Nitromeaga »

vote for "Blood" :D :D
Modymilly12

Post by Modymilly12 »

The story was written wonderfully but I can't seem to understand the last part. Anyway, the writer seems to write this story very creatively.
Best Payroll Services

Post by Best Payroll Services »

Short Story Contest can be held anywhere. So always be prepared for your skills.
Wullie

Post by Wullie »

The Lame Shall Enter First” is told from the point of view of Sheppard, who is unable to empathize with the grief of his son, Norton, over the death of his mother a year ago. Instead, Sheppard insists that helping others is the most important good in life. In addition, Sheppard does not believe in God or heaven, espousing a rational view of life that does not provide Norton the means to understand the death of his mother and the emptiness it created in his life. It takes Rufus Johnson, a fourteen-year-old child who fully believes in good and evil and especially in the power of Satan, to enable Sheppard to understand the love and attention his son needs. However, Sheppard learns this only after Norton kills himself in an attempt to reach his mother, whom he imagines he sees on the moon when he looks at it through a telescope. Through both satire and irony, O’Connor suggests that science cannot replace moral thought and that moral thinking begins with authentic love and compassion rather than a false sense of “doing good.” Furthermore, evil, represented by Rufus, becomes an instrument of good, but only with tragic consequences. Atheism more than Rufus is the real antagonist in the story, for Sheppard’s lack of belief in God and compassion undermines his attempts to accomplish a false, self-absorbed understanding of good
Timpane

Post by Timpane »

I'm considering of having another short article challenge or having a verse challenge (thanks knights for the suggestion). Do you all have any input on that
matthewarnold

Post by matthewarnold »

my vote goes to blood .
Timpane

Post by Timpane »

I am very new to the board, but would gladly write and read for another contest.I am so surprised that no one has said this already!
sexdoll

Post by sexdoll »

where to click to vote ?

Return to “Short Story Contest”