Organize your own Read-A-Long!

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Re: Organize your own Read-A-Long!

Post by Gravy »

gali wrote: 16 Feb 2020, 23:05
Gravy wrote: 14 Feb 2020, 06:03 Yay!

I'll go ahead and open a thread for it. :D
Do you want to start the Space Opera next?
This one could take me a few more days, so I'll let you pick when to start it. :tiphat:
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Gravy wrote: 19 Feb 2020, 04:24
Gravy wrote: 14 Feb 2020, 06:03 Yay!

I'll go ahead and open a thread for it. :D
This one could take me a few more days, so I'll let you pick when to start it. :tiphat:
No rush. Let me know when you are ready to start it. I can read another one until then. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
gregs317
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by gregs317 »

Sorry, if I got a little ahead of myself. But I don't have it yet, and I would need a little more time to acquire it.

Were you not about to begin another book with someone else (Space Opera)? I apologize if i misread one of your posts.
gali

Post by gali »

gregs317 wrote: 19 Feb 2020, 13:31 Sorry, if I got a little ahead of myself. But I don't have it yet, and I would need a little more time to acquire it.

Were you not about to begin another book with someone else (Space Opera)? I apologize if i misread one of your posts.
No worries. I have plenty to read. :)

Yes, I am supposed to start Space Opera with Gravy when she finishes her current book. It will take her a few days.

Tell me when you get the book, and we can read it then (if I am not in the middle of another book). There is no rush, so take your time. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
gregs317
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by gregs317 »

Great. I don't know about you but sometimes I fall in between books. Like, one book that I'm reading is moving kind of slowly for me, so I take a little break from it and begin a different book.

Luckily, I don't have any problem with keeping the two stories separated. *So, happy reading, and I will let you know when I'm ready.
gali

Post by gali »

gregs317 wrote: 20 Feb 2020, 12:39 Great. I don't know about you but sometimes I fall in between books. Like, one book that I'm reading is moving kind of slowly for me, so I take a little break from it and begin a different book.

Luckily, I don't have any problem with keeping the two stories separated. *So, happy reading, and I will let you know when I'm ready.
Thank you and no rush. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Gravy

Post by Gravy »

gali wrote: 19 Feb 2020, 05:04

No rush. Let me know when you are ready to start it. I can read another one until then. :)
I finished Come Tumbling Down.

I'm ready for Space Opera whenever. I'm actually going to go ahead and start it so hopefully, given my slump, I'll be able to keep up a bit better. :tiphat:

Gravy

Post by Gravy »

I've actually got a handful of books I'm interested in reading soon. Just wondering if there's any interest in any of them.

Circe by Madeline Miller
In the Hall with the Knife by Diana Peterfreund
A Dream So Dark by L.L. McKinney (this is actually the second in a series)
Imaginary Friend by Stephen Chbosky
The Library of the Unwritten by A.J. Hackwith

Also, @gali, there's going to be a sequel to The Twisted Ones. Sounds like it's going to be about a completely different character.
Just in case you're interested. :tiphat:

gali

Post by gali »

@Gravy A sequel to The Twisted Ones? What is the title? Yes, I am interested.

Circe by Madeline Miller, Imaginary Friend by Stephen Chbosky, and The Library of the Unwritten are on my list.

A Dream So Dark by L.L. McKinney and the first book are on my list as well, but I didn't read the first book yet.

I am game for all of the above. :)

Anyone interested in reading The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow?
A retired Admin/Mod

gali

Post by gali »

Gravy wrote: 21 Feb 2020, 21:49

I'm ready for Space Opera whenever. I'm actually going to go ahead and start it so hopefully, given my slump, I'll be able to keep up a bit better. :tiphat:
I was going to start The Ten Thousand Doors of January, but I can read it after Space Opera if you want to start it.

I opened a thread for it. :tiphat:
A retired Admin/Mod

Gravy

Post by Gravy »

gali wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 00:33 @Gravy A sequel to The Twisted Ones? What is the title? Yes, I am interested.

Circe by Madeline Miller, Imaginary Friend by Stephen Chbosky, and The Library of the Unwritten are on my list.

A Dream So Dark by L.L. McKinney and the first book are on my list as well, but I didn't read the first book yet.

Anyone interested in reading The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow?
Awesome. 8)

Unfortunately, I'm not a good choice for anything I don't have near immediate access to. (Circe was supposed to be a read-a-long for me in December; I only just got access to a copy. :lol: )

gali

Post by gali »

Gravy wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 02:52
gali wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 00:33 @Gravy A sequel to The Twisted Ones? What is the title? Yes, I am interested.

Awesome. 8)

Unfortunately, I'm not a good choice for anything I don't have near immediate access to. (Circe was supposed to be a read-a-long for me in December; I only just got access to a copy. :lol: )
A pity you don't read ebooks. Since I have got my kindle, I can easily access most books.
A retired Admin/Mod

Gravy

Post by Gravy »

gali wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 00:34

I was going to start The Ten Thousand Doors of January, but I can read it after Space Opera if you want to start it.

Cool. :)

You probably have time to read it, if you'd rather. My reading speed is down to a crawl.

(You could probably read 2 books and still catch up and pass me. :laughing-rolling: I've seriously only read 3 books this year. The slump is real.)

gali

Post by gali »

Gravy wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 02:59
gali wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 00:34

Cool. :)

You probably have time to read it, if you'd rather. My reading speed is down to a crawl.

(You could probably read 2 books and still catch up and pass me. :laughing-rolling: I've seriously only read 3 books this year. The slump is real.)
Whatever you want. :)

It will take me a few days to finish "The Ten Thousand Doors of January', as I just started it.

Tell me when you start Space Opera and I will try to catch up.
A retired Admin/Mod

Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

I am just throwing it out there, but I'm interested in reading Circe by Madeline Miller when you get to it. Absolutely no rush, though! I'm working through a couple of books now, so this could be in a "near future" read-a-long. Maybe in a month of two. :)
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”