Organize your own Read-A-Long!

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Re: Organize your own Read-A-Long!

Post by gali »

gregs317 wrote: 17 Jan 2020, 20:21 I'm getting it on Saturday, but I'm willing to wait until you finish the trilogy. I am working on another book anyway, so it's all good. :)
I finished the third book and liked it. Are you sure one can skip the fourth book and continue straight to the fifth one?
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
gregs317
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by gregs317 »

Actually, I was reconsidering the 4th book option. I might just read a summary of the 4th book. But you can choose to read it if you wish. Let me know what you decide ok.
gali

Post by gali »

gregs317 wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 12:39 Actually, I was reconsidering the 4th book option. I might just read a summary of the 4th book. But you can choose to read it if you wish. Let me know what you decide ok.
You haven't read it? I will give it a chance if you don't mind.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
gregs317

Post by gregs317 »

No, I didn't read the 4th book. Sure, go ahead and read it if you want.

I have the 5th book on hold and ready to go. But I will keep reading another book while you read the 4th book. I might ask you for a brief overview when you're finished. :)
gali

Post by gali »

gregs317 wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 18:13 No, I didn't read the 4th book. Sure, go ahead and read it if you want.

I have the 5th book on hold and ready to go. But I will keep reading another book while you read the 4th book. I might ask you for a brief overview when you're finished. :)
Great! I will let you know when I am done. :)

Don't you want to read the 4th book as well? It continues just where the former has stopped.
A retired Admin/Mod

gregs317

Post by gregs317 »

I started reading the 4th book, but I was having trouble getting interested in the story line. So, I think I'm just gonna skip it, except I will check out a summary online or something like that.
gali

Post by gali »

gregs317 wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 08:55 I started reading the 4th book, but I was having trouble getting interested in the story line. So, I think I'm just gonna skip it, except I will check out a summary online or something like that.
I see. I started it and may skip it as well if it doesn't catch my interest.
A retired Admin/Mod

gali

Post by gali »

gregs317 wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 08:55 I started reading the 4th book, but I was having trouble getting interested in the story line. So, I think I'm just gonna skip it, except I will check out a summary online or something like that.
I decided to drop the 4th book as well, as it didn't engage me either. I will just read the summary online like you, so we can start the 5th one if you like. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

gregs317

Post by gregs317 »

Sure thing. I would like to start book 5 tonight if that sounds good to you.
gali

Post by gali »

gregs317 wrote: 24 Jan 2020, 14:57 Sure thing. I would like to start book 5 tonight if that sounds good to you.
Sounds good. I opened a thread here Read-a-long of "The Conference of the Birds", and we should discuss the book there. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

gali

Post by gali »

@Gravy have you got the book "Come Tumbling Down"?
A retired Admin/Mod

Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

I don't have it quite yet. I'm hoping to have it in the next few days (hopefully!).
Once it is in my hands, I am fully ready to start it (to heck with whatever else I'm reading :lol: ).
I can jump on and open a thread when I have it? Or do you need to finish another book first?

Also, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a read-a-long of Space Opera by Catherynne Valente???

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
gali

Post by gali »

Gravy wrote: 07 Feb 2020, 04:58 I don't have it quite yet. I'm hoping to have it in the next few days (hopefully!).
Once it is in my hands, I am fully ready to start it (to heck with whatever else I'm reading :lol: ).
I can jump on and open a thread when I have it? Or do you need to finish another book first?

Also, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a read-a-long of Space Opera by Catherynne Valente???
No rush, as I have to finish my current book. I will probably finish it in a few days. You can open a thread when you have it and let me know. :)

Space Opera by Catherynne Valente is on my list. I will be happy to read it with you as well. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

gali wrote: 07 Feb 2020, 05:04
Gravy wrote: 07 Feb 2020, 04:58 I don't have it quite yet. I'm hoping to have it in the next few days (hopefully!).

No rush, as I have to finish my current book. I will probably finish it in a few days. You can open a thread when you have it and let me know. :)

Space Opera by Catherynne Valente is on my list. I will be happy to read it with you as well. :)
That's awesome!
I've been trying to get it for awhile. Was just able to find a copy. :D

Unfortunately, Come Tumbling Down is out of my reach, at least for a few more days. :crying-green:

I will let you know when I have it!

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
gali

Post by gali »

Gravy wrote: 09 Feb 2020, 03:37
gali wrote: 07 Feb 2020, 05:04

That's awesome!
I've been trying to get it for awhile. Was just able to find a copy. :D

Unfortunately, Come Tumbling Down is out of my reach, at least for a few more days. :crying-green:

I will let you know when I have it!
No worries, it will give me a chance to finish my current book. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”