Do you read a lot on holidays?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
DazzleKitty
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DazzleKitty »

I am one of those people who has a huge dislike for the Kindle. I LOVE owning an actual copy of the book. I really hope Kindle doesn't kill the printed word.

I usually take a book on vacation with me. It gets me through times at the hotel when I am winding down and helps transportation go faster.
Richardswann65

Post by Richardswann65 »

Though I always carry books with me on holidays.. I never get the time to read them as I am more involved in looking the place around. I love to enjoy the place as much as possible 8)
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

DazzleKitty wrote:I am one of those people who has a huge dislike for the Kindle. I LOVE owning an actual copy of the book. I really hope Kindle doesn't kill the printed word.

I usually take a book on vacation with me. It gets me through times at the hotel when I am winding down and helps transportation go faster.
I am similar in that i hope the printed book remains popular for at least this generation but i do have to admit that in terms of saving space, putting 10 books or more on an electronic Kindle does have its advantages..
You only live once.....so live!
kendvp

Post by kendvp »

Nope, holidays are typically with family. So we usually spend time watching movies.
andr70

Post by andr70 »

The frequency of holiday reading depends on working week. But as for me I like to read at the weekend and especially before going to sleep :wink:
Kam911

Post by Kam911 »

on holaday the only time i have to read is before i go to sleep so i like fun reading if you like jeremy clarkson he has great books that will keep you in the holaday spirit for hours
Ama Idim
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ama-idim.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Post by Ama Idim »

Yes, I love those times. I get to read many books and then there's the availability of time. I like reading while travelling.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Mailis
Currently Reading: The Employee Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mailis.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Mailis »

Oh yes, there is always some kind of waiting happening during the trip. And on the plane reading is the only thing that helps with my flying anxiety. And at night before bed, it's a good way to relax and unwind and calm down the constant excitement and energy going on that you have on holidays (at least I have it).
Clinical1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Effective Leaders and Leadership
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clinical1.html
Latest Review: Breaking Sandcastles by Kirk Burris
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Clinical1 »

If by holiday you mean vacation - absolutely yes! Before Nook and Kindle, I would go the thrift store on $5 bag day and fill up a brown bag. I would take several books with me camping and some trips read 5 or 6 books. Several campgrounds we visit have book swaps. Before leaving, I would drop off my completed books and take a few to load up again.
SparklesonPages
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklesonpages.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by SparklesonPages »

If I’m off on holidays or for days off during the year I read more but for the Christmas holidays I hardly get any reading done once I’m off the plane because it’s just too hectic with family time.
GabbiV
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces you have to read before you die, vol 2
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabbiv.html
Latest Review: Of Illusions and Ink Spills by Divya Hirani
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by GabbiV »

I probably read the most during times of inactivity, like when I'm in transit etc.
Camille Turner
Currently Reading: Angela's Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-camille-turner.html
Latest Review: Hippocrates and The Hobgoblin: The Sedes Infernum by C.S. Colvin

Post by Camille Turner »

I love it!! Whenever I go on vacation, I always pack more than one book!
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

Sadly I get very motion sick so I can't read while traveling. I do love to read on the beach while on a vacation though.
Jesscar6
Currently Reading: A Song of Ice and Fire
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesscar6.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Jesscar6 »

I do when I'm not going out. Like in the evenings, on the plane or if in laying in the sun, I'll read.
Sarah G
Favorite Author: Brandon Sanderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-g.html
Latest Review: Smith by Sam B Miller II
fav_author_id: 4040

Post by Sarah G »

Holidays are normally the only time I can REALLY read. I go through so many books when I'm away. They are my way of relaxation. So calming
The purpose of a storyteller is not to tell you how to think, but to give you questions to think upon

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”