What book made you want to share it with everyone you know?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
anwidmer
Favorite Book: The knowing
Currently Reading: The Awakening
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anwidmer.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

What book made you want to share it with everyone you know?

Post by anwidmer »

We all have that book. That one that changed us in some way. Rather big or small it resonated with you on such a level you want others to experiance that also.

For me it was "The Knowing by Sarah Elmore

She gave me back my love for reading with an amazingly written and well edited book. It was full of every genre from romance to paranormal. Ive since been sharing it with everyone i know who will possibly read it! Lol and reading everything i can get my hands on again after 2 years no books!

Whats yours?
Jnlacy1102
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jnlacy1102.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Jnlacy1102 »

I read My Sister's Keeper in high school. I cried my eyes out the whole way through the book. I related because I have two younger sisters and I would do anything for either of them. The movie does not do the book justice!
RabidFox
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by RabidFox »

For me, it's the Action Bible. Now everyone knows about the bible, but this is a lot different than a normal bible. The Action Bible is a fully illustrated comic book and breaks down scripture into short stories about the history of the world. Without the Action Bible, I would never know how to visualize ancient times. And that was a big wall between me and the written bible. I could not imagine anything that was being described in the book's text. There was simply too much mystery in the way that people lived back then, and without an education in divinity, I could never tackle the huge task of trying to imagine it on my own. So I found the Action Bible, and everything was essentially spelled out for me. After completing it, I finally got to move onto reading the written bible. It was very exciting for me to just jump in and be able to picture everything based on what I had learned from the Action Bible.

I also want to recommend A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman. Now this is a very pleasant and engaging story about an old man who is struggling to live on his own. He's grumpy, doesn't really like people, and is stalked by a cat that he can't stand. After new neighbours move in on his street, Ove is suddenly thrown into a new world where people don't want to leave him alone. It's a really good book, and it's very funny.
Mallory Porshnev
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Moloka'i
Bookshelf Size: 332
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pricklypurple.html
Latest Review: The Paradize Inn by Sheri O'Sullivan

Post by Mallory Porshnev »

A recent book that made me want to tell everyone about it was The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion. Just such a sweet story.
anwidmer

Post by anwidmer »

pricklypurple wrote: 27 Jun 2018, 08:02 A recent book that made me want to tell everyone about it was The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion. Just such a sweet story.
Is it a romance? If not what genre?
ccranston
Favorite Book: The Last Time I Lied
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ccranston.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by ccranston »

Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell was bone-chilling! After I finished reading it, I really had no idea how to feel and I just had to talk about it with anyone and everyone. The ending is bittersweet, but the story itself is just so twisted.
kjs237
Currently Reading: Sleeping Beauties
Bookshelf Size: 231
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kjs237.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann

Post by kjs237 »

I was in a reading slump a while back and a friend gave me a well worn copy of One Hundred Years of Solitude. It's an amazing book, beautifully written. I wish I knew enough spanish to read it in its original language. In any case, it's usually one of the first books I recommend anytime I'm asked for recommendations.
anwidmer

Post by anwidmer »

kjs237 wrote: 27 Jun 2018, 12:29 I was in a reading slump a while back and a friend gave me a well worn copy of One Hundred Years of Solitude. It's an amazing book, beautifully written. I wish I knew enough spanish to read it in its original language. In any case, it's usually one of the first books I recommend anytime I'm asked for recommendations.
Isnt that amazing that it just takes the right book to pull you back in. Ive read 10 books since my reading slump ended less then a month ago lol i just cant stop!
Asisha Joseph
Favorite Book: The Lord Of The Rings
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asisha-joseph.html
Latest Review: Andalusian in Jerusalem by Mois benarroch

Post by Asisha Joseph »

The Bible for sure.
Harley-Panda
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harley-panda.html
Latest Review: Kennedy's Revenge by Stephen L Rodenbeck

Post by Harley-Panda »

I remember reading 'Looking For Alaska by John Green when I was about 17 and telling everyone to read it.
Also, I've told a few people to read 'The Peks of Being a Wallflower' by Stephen Chbosky as I loved it so much.
I go to seek a Great Perhaps
Neeraj Jasrotia
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Neeraj Jasrotia »

Books are the great source of knowledge and to give exposure to new ideas, thoughts and creativity. I want to share some books name here on this platform are;
1. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill.
2. The Awakening Wisdom Of Life.
3. Rich Dad Poor Dad.
I hope you guys will like these books.
Juliar252
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliar252.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by Juliar252 »

Between the World and Me, it just increased my awareness on the prevalence of racial issues and how deeply engrained racial discrimination is in our social and political systems.
churchmouse70
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by churchmouse70 »

What would you do if the power suddenly went out and all the cars stopped working? If you were basically thrown back into the days before all modern conveniences, how would you survive? Terri Blackstock’s Restoration Series is a set of life changing books about a southern family who learns to cope in a new world where nothing works anymore; TV, radio, video games, refrigerators, ovens, etc...I always recommend these books.
dianaterrado
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dianaterrado.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by dianaterrado »

My most recent read. Beasts of the Frozen Sun by Jill Criswell. I read an ARC. The book won't be out until August 2019. But I'm recommending it to everyone who loves YA fantasy with action and romance.
"We should all have something to be weirdly passionate about."
Florence Nalianya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-nalianya.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Florence Nalianya »

Most probably love and lost :Thailand by Stella knights .

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”