What book made you want to share it with everyone you know?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
RoxieReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxiereads.html
Latest Review: Code Name Lily by Julien Ayotte

Re: What book made you want to share it with everyone you know?

Post by RoxieReads »

For me, this book is Scythe by Neal Shusterman, an intricate, well-constructed YA dystopian book. I suggested it to many of my friends who weren’t even readers, and they enjoyed it just as much as I did.
~Roxie~
ElizaPeaks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by ElizaPeaks »

American Sonnets for My Past and Future Assassin by Terrance Hayes - it's an amazing collection of sonnets. I couldn't put it down!
Aditi Sapate
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aditi-sapate.html
Latest Review: Miracles Love a Believer by Stacy Manning Casaluci

Post by Aditi Sapate »

There are two actually.
To Kill a Mockingbird, and
A Man Called Ove
Reynaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reynaa.html
Latest Review: Sucsexful: by Rachel Martin

Post by Reynaa »

Greek Mythology by Edith Hamilton. I just love it. I have 2 copies and lend one out to anyone who expresses the smallest hint of Greek Mythology in concersation with me! 😂
HeatherEi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heatherei.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by HeatherEi »

Anything by Brandon Sanderson!
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

The Chess Garden by Brooke's Hanson.

I loved this book so much. It's in one of my least liked genres, and it still blew my mind. I want to tell everyone to read it (I don't. Not every book is for everyone, but I do when I think it fits).

It's an amazingly unknown book. I found it by compete accident, and I don't know anyone who's actually read it.

Well, my day was made recently, when an author I like sung it's praises. I may have audibly squee-d, I was that happy about it. (Oddly, not even because of who was talking about it, as much as just the fact that someone was talking about it.)
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
Wendy11974
Currently Reading: Chin
Bookshelf Size: 46

Post by Wendy11974 »

I vividly remember reading The Five you Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom for the first time. I had picked it up at my local store and it had been waiting in my “to be read” stack for awhile. My dad suffered the first of what would be a long string of heart attacks and I needed something to help pass the time while I waited with my mom during his surgery. This book I read non-stop! It was just the right thing at that time and I have since given a copy away to someone at least once every year since. Not only is it tough and gut wrenching, but soft and up lifting. I can’t imagine my life without this book. Whenever I feel kicked and bruised I reread this book and suddenly my heart is light and I am healed. If you haven’t, read it!!
Victoria7716
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Victoria7716 »

There are two books that really stand out in my mind at this moment in time however they may change if I'm asked at another time. When I was in 9th grade I read stick figure. It was an autobiography about a girl who became anorexic and still thought she weighed too much. I really related to this book, I've been 90 lbs before and still thought I was fat, but this book helped me realize it's my mind messing with me. I still think I'm too fat but I'm proud to say I'm 120 lbs now, I've gone up and down throughout my life but since reading stick figure I decided that no matter what my mind says try to weigh between 110 and 120 which is high for me.

The second book I would recommend is unwind, it is fiction however it's set in a future USA where parents can send their children away to be 'unwound' for any reason. I really enjoyed the book and actually recommended it to my mother who ended up buying the whole series it's a good story of survival and regret. I really related to the characters and loved the changing points of view. After the first book the author also adds in actual news articles that relate to things in the book and its chilling to see that He came up with the idea based on stuff that has actually happened before. It made me appreciate the family I have more then I did before. We still have our issues but they never gave up on me like the characters parents gave up on them. And most chilling was the fact that a 13 year old boy, Lev was going to be unwound because his parents promised him to God when he was born he is a tithe to God and he fully accepts it and actually wants to be unwound.
HanSmith97
Currently Reading: A Gentleman in Moscow
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hansmith97.html
Latest Review: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy Book 1 by Claire Youmans

Post by HanSmith97 »

RoxieReads wrote: 27 Jul 2019, 09:03 For me, this book is Scythe by Neal Shusterman, an intricate, well-constructed YA dystopian book. I suggested it to many of my friends who weren’t even readers, and they enjoyed it just as much as I did.
I read this book this year & honestly I loved it so so much! I've recommended it to so many people too.
cxsimpson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cxsimpson.html
Latest Review: How to Generate and Earn Royalty Income by Marina Peters

Post by cxsimpson »

I read A Thousand Splendid Suns in college and have recommended it to many people since then. Same with The Kite Runner, both written by Khaled Hosseini. I also think middle-grade books have great lessons. My favorites are On My Honor, Bruiser, Wonder, Orbiting Jupiter, and The Thing About Jellyfish.
Chapakazi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Chapakazi »

Rich dad poor dad
erinschaverien
Currently Reading: The Champagne Tales
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by erinschaverien »

During high school I read 'Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe' by Benjamin Alire Sáenze. It's a young adult fiction novel. I stayed up all night because I couldn't put it down. It was passed around my friend group and everyone fell in love with it as much as I did. The book is so well written and I think anyone could enjoy the heartwarming and touching story.
Sarah Morse
Currently Reading: The Mermaid, the Witch and the Sea
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-morse.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Sarah Morse »

For me, it was definitely The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon. I’m not normally in the habit of loaning my books to people, but I made an exception for this book. I was first introduced to the story after I watched the play version during my study abroad semester in London. After that, I absolutely had to read the book that inspired it. I loved this book so much that I wrote my capstone paper on it during my senior year of college. After I presented my paper, some people told me they felt inspired to read the book. I couldn’t have asked for a better response.
Sarah Morse
Currently Reading: The Mermaid, the Witch and the Sea
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-morse.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Sarah Morse »

Reynaa wrote: 22 Sep 2019, 20:18 Greek Mythology by Edith Hamilton. I just love it. I have 2 copies and lend one out to anyone who expresses the smallest hint of Greek Mythology in concersation with me! 😂
Yay! Another mythology lover! I absolutely loved Hamilton’s book as well. I remember reading it one summer while I was in high school only to find out during the following school year that I would need to read it in my English class. I had no problem reading it again, and I was well-prepared for our mythology test after finishing the book.
DEEPA PUJARI
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deepa-pujari.html
Latest Review: Seemore the Seagull by Ralph Tufo
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by DEEPA PUJARI »

I recently read Big Little Lies. I Liked to share it with my friends as we all have children going to Kindergarten.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”