Do you like happy end books?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Mys_Trea
Currently Reading: Seconds to Live
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mys-trea.html
Latest Review: The Attuned by Gary B. Haley
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Re: Do you like happy end books?

Post by Mys_Trea »

I love a happy ending. It should just not be too obvious. I like experiencing twists and turns, but I want it to all work out in the end.
Archaeoptery
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-archaeoptery.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Archaeoptery »

I would say yes or at least books that have a bitter sweet ending to it. Usually I do not find any books that do not really have the happy ending to it. Sometimes I do find them but I am unsure what you would call them, it is lifelike the authors just wanted to wrapped things up.
Divya Tamilselvan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-divya-t.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer
Reading Device: B086KCQX95

Post by Divya Tamilselvan »

Yes, I love happy ending books. I love happy ending books that make me feel good and also make me cry. I also love books that do not have a happy ending that makes me cry and express my emotions.
F N Chamomile
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 583
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-f-n-chamomile.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by F N Chamomile »

I think each ending has its own way of playing with your imagination. I believe many fan fictions are written out of dissatisfaction with how certain things happen in the story, and they may be either bad or good things. Personally, though, I prefer good endings. I'm just bad at bad endings.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”