How Many Books is Everyone Reading?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.

Are you meeting your reading goals?

Yes
77%
No
23%

Total votes: 124

ianbuchanan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: How Many Books is Everyone Reading?

Post by ianbuchanan »

palilogy wrote: 11 Jun 2018, 13:16 Lucy Grealy's nonfiction book is one of my favorites it's called Autobiography of a Face.
She was diagnosed with cancer when she was just nine years old. After numerous surgeries she went on to Sarah Lawrence College in NY, my alma mater =)
Very interesting, I may just have to look into getting the book myself! Where did you get the book from?
palilogy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-palilogy.html
Latest Review: Mistress Suffragette by Diana Forbes

Post by palilogy »

My classmates were always talking about her book and then I found it by chance at a book sale - I love when they have a memoir section at fill a bag for 5 dollars!!
ianbuchanan

Post by ianbuchanan »

palilogy wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 21:14 My classmates were always talking about her book and then I found it by chance at a book sale - I love when they have a memoir section at fill a bag for 5 dollars!!
What a steal! Say you just have to have a book soon...do you have a go-to way to get it? Amazon, bookstore, library? I personally love the library, I go there at least once a week!
Nkoyo25

Post by Nkoyo25 »

ianbuchanan wrote: 26 Apr 2018, 18:25
Nkoyo25 wrote: 26 Apr 2018, 04:22 I have a particular time i set out each day to read. I can finish reading two books a week depending on the volume of the book. So basically, three or four books a month. :D. I'm just addicted to books!
I'm with you there, I too love to read! What do you enjoy reading the most (genre, author, etc.)? I'm always curious to find out what others like to read!
Mostly romantic, investigative, and tragic novels. I also do a thorough background check on the author before considering if the book is worth reading.
ianbuchanan

Post by ianbuchanan »

Nkoyo25 wrote: 17 Aug 2018, 18:58
ianbuchanan wrote: 26 Apr 2018, 18:25
Nkoyo25 wrote: 26 Apr 2018, 04:22 I have a particular time i set out each day to read. I can finish reading two books a week depending on the volume of the book. So basically, three or four books a month. :D. I'm just addicted to books!
I'm with you there, I too love to read! What do you enjoy reading the most (genre, author, etc.)? I'm always curious to find out what others like to read!
Mostly romantic, investigative, and tragic novels. I also do a thorough background check on the author before considering if the book is worth reading.
Very cool! Oh yeah, I have to make sure the author is worth reading, don't want to waste my time! Do you have a favorite novel?
Njj101
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by Njj101 »

Hi dear I read 1-2 books per week so about 8 books per month I used to read more than that but my advice for you is to not stress about it just enjoy reading also if you are struggling in a book or just don't like it just skip it and maybe one day go back to it!
ianbuchanan

Post by ianbuchanan »

Njj101 wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 13:37 Hi dear I read 1-2 books per week so about 8 books per month I used to read more than that but my advice for you is to not stress about it just enjoy reading also if you are struggling in a book or just don't like it just skip it and maybe one day go back to it!
Thanks for sharing and thanks for the advice! I'm enjoying most of the books I decide to read, which is great! What do you like reading most (genre, author, etc.)?
Debjani Ghosh
Favorite Book: The Lord Of The Rings
Currently Reading: The Evacuees
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debjani-ghosh.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Debjani Ghosh »

I read for pleasure and generally don't calculate the number of books I am reading, however, I try to read two books a month.
BeatrixPotter
Favorite Book: A Higher Loyalty
Currently Reading: The Nightingale
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatrixpotter.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by BeatrixPotter »

I'm reading about seven right now, but a couple of those I have been reading quite slowly. Usually it takes me a week or two to read a book if I'm going straight through without setting it aside. I have a poetry book that I usually just read on Sundays.
"There's so much more to a book than just the reading."
-- Maurice Sendak
ianbuchanan

Post by ianbuchanan »

Debjani Ghosh wrote: 08 Oct 2018, 13:27 I read for pleasure and generally don't calculate the number of books I am reading, however, I try to read two books a month.
Great! What do you like to read most (genre, author, etc.)?
ianbuchanan

Post by ianbuchanan »

BeatrixPotter wrote: 08 Oct 2018, 15:24 I'm reading about seven right now, but a couple of those I have been reading quite slowly. Usually it takes me a week or two to read a book if I'm going straight through without setting it aside. I have a poetry book that I usually just read on Sundays.
Very cool! What do you enjoy reading most (genre, author, etc.)? I love hearing what others are reading!
Debjani Ghosh
Favorite Book: The Lord Of The Rings
Currently Reading: The Evacuees
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debjani-ghosh.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Debjani Ghosh »

ianbuchanan wrote: 19 Oct 2018, 11:45
Debjani Ghosh wrote: 08 Oct 2018, 13:27 I read for pleasure and generally don't calculate the number of books I am reading, however, I try to read two books a month.
Great! What do you like to read most (genre, author, etc.)?
I like to read C/T/M/H books but any book with a solid plot and quality writing will entice me.
What about you?
HollandBlue
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollandblue.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by HollandBlue »

One at a time is the way I read!
:techie-studyinggray: when I get a little money I buy books; and if I have any left l buy food and clothes
Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamas
(1466-1536)

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”