Why do you like reading?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
CTanner911
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Why do you like reading?

Post by CTanner911 »

Why do you like reading?

Reading gives you a way to visit new places and discover new things, ideas and ways of life that you might not otherwise be able to learn about.

It opens up entirely new worlds. It can be a safe haven for some, a vacation for others. Not everyone can afford fancy vacations, but reading can take you to places you could only dream about.

What are your thoughts?
rosemartine

Post by rosemartine »

I don't like reading infact I love reading.There are some reasons firstly It gives knowledge and every book has a message also. Books always learn me new things. Book is my best company ever. I like spend my time with books.
pengy86
Currently Reading: After Ever Happy (After, #4)
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pengy86.html
Latest Review: High Hopes by Sue Lilley

Post by pengy86 »

I enjoy reading as an escape. I can travel to new places, experience new things all without having to leave my couch and a good book. I have learned more about the world around me just by reading a book then ever having to experience it firsthand. It also gives me ideas on new things to try in real life.
Wanja Hannah
Currently Reading: From Liberty to Magnolia: In Search of the American Dream
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wanja-hannah.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Wanja Hannah »

I find reading an interesting passive leisure and when I am indulged in the author's world, I feel relieved off my stress.
Wanja Kenya
BlueFlamingo

Post by BlueFlamingo »

I like reading because i love going on adventures from my couch and live other lives.
Aisha_123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-123.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Aisha_123 »

To escape from the real world and reality. I also read because i find the books I read fvery interesting and funny. A good book should make you laugh once in a while really.
grace crawford

Post by grace crawford »

I like reading because it gives me an escape when things get hard or I get stressed. Also, because books can't judge you. They see you at your absolute worst and your absolute best, but it doesn't matter to them. They still do their job, they captivate you and entertain you.
homelight

Post by homelight »

It's honestly humorous to try and become aware of with the characters of the ebook and to imagine the surroundings. I assume reading develops the mind and offers you the potential to recognize different humans. Besides, you develop your language if you examine a lot because you study new words all the time.
lennycamacho2019

Post by lennycamacho2019 »

Scott wrote: 19 Aug 2007, 12:05 We all like reading. In fact, most of us would probably say that we love reading.

Why do you like it so much? What is it about reading that attracts you to it?

I think I like reading because it allows me to hear from people who have something important to say. You can read from the best thinkers no matter where they are or even when. I'm amazed by the fact that I can go to the book store and buy hours of reading material written by someone who lived hundreds or even thousands of years ago.

What about you?
For the love of words alone.

I think everything started when I became aware of the secret code of written language at around 3 and half years old. Then, my love for words started, and that led me to finding books, and voilá! I had never put reading down since.
girly girl
Currently Reading: The Employee Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-girly-girl.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by girly girl »

It's calming. I really like that I can move to another world and experience it. Meeting new people through the pages. I've met some real world people and friends of mine thanks to books and reading.
H20butterfingers

Post by H20butterfingers »

I guess I like reading cause it shows me another perspective.
Frank_Stein

Post by Frank_Stein »

I read for two reasons...

1) To escape. I love being transported to another time or place. I love that feeling of seeing or doing or experiencing something different. It is also very calming for me.

2) To see things from a different perspective. I love a book that makes me think and shows me things from other people's perspectives.
Frank_Stein

Post by Frank_Stein »

I love to read, because it gives me the opportunity to relax, be calm, and escape to a whole new different world. It also gives me the learning opportunity to self improve or look at the world from different perspectives and being able to use my imagination and creativeness.
Petra1791
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-petra1791.html
Latest Review: Murdered by James Schannep

Post by Petra1791 »

I like to read for two reasons: to be transported into someone else's life for a while and to learn the proper structure of a well-written novel.
"I am enough."
- The Uncompromised Life
Kenesha Latoya Fowler
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenesha-latoya-fowler.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Kenesha Latoya Fowler »

Why do I like to read? I just do! I mean, of course I read for the same reasons as everyone else - to escape, to relax, to learn, etc. But whatever the reason I may have for reading a certain book, at a certain time, at the heart of it all, I just love reading.
"No one is ever satisfied where he is," said the switchman.
~from The Little Prince by Antoine De Saint-Exupéry~

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”