What is the last book you read, and your rating?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Camryn76
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Camryn76 »

I just finished reading The Key Trilogy by Nora Roberts. She has always been a favorite author of mine so in between college and work I try to fit in some reading for fun. I rate the trilogy 5/5. It was a great story, very well written, and kept me intrigued the whole time :)
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

I recently finished 'Under The Dome" by Stephen King, it was a fantastic and addictive read which dealt with many of Kings' themes like isolation, anarchy and chaos very well but the ending was a big let down. Probably one of Kings' weaknesses is the inability to form a satisfying ending to many of his books. Having said that, Under The Dome was still a great read.
icandoit

Post by icandoit »

confession of a dieter AJ Rochester very funny about a ove3rweight person losing weight :D diary form just could not stop laughing
i_love_reading09

Post by i_love_reading09 »

I just finished Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars. It was a breath of fresh air from what I normally read. Constantly kept me turning the page :)
windchime64

Post by windchime64 »

The Lovely Bones.

Eeehhh...good but not great. :?
Bowlie

Post by Bowlie »

I just finished The Rise of Endymion by Dan Simmons. It was the last book of the Hyperion series and I liked it, but only gave it 4/5 stars because he was rather verbose in sections and reading the descriptions for pages upon pages got a little tedious. It didn't really add to the story which made the book feel less masterful than the first three. Still, the series is the best science fiction I've read to date.
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Just finished "A Dance in Time" by Orna Ross ... fascinating and enjoyable read.
Journey

Post by Journey »

Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. It was good enough that I wanted to see how it ended, but perhaps not as good as I had hoped. 3.5/5
luccac

Post by luccac »

Just read "The Magician's Elephant" by Kate Dicamillo. I gave it 4/5 stars. At fist it was weird then I understood the meaning.
Gannon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Colleen McCullough
Favorite Book: Pillars of the Earth
Currently Reading: Heaven's Net is Wide.
Bookshelf Size: 52
fav_author_id: 2863

Post by Gannon »

Just finished "Quo Vadis" - Henryk Sienkiewicz. It was a very enjoyable read. I was reading a non-fiction book on Rome and it suggested reading it. I loved it I would give it a 4/5.
book_reader

Post by book_reader »

Siddhartha by Herman Hesse

I would give it 3/5. The book was ok, not that I hated it, but I can't figure out why there is so much of hype around it. There are better spirituality related books out there.
Pinkpaper

Post by Pinkpaper »

The Road - will either give it 4/5 or 5/5 not sure yet.
best4buys

Post by best4buys »

I have finished reading The Help last night. I was pleased by the appealing characters, nice slice of history, great story...with a good dose of suspense. I always wanted to read the next page and then the next chapter. I really loved the book. I would give 5 stars to the novel.
textbookonly

Post by textbookonly »

Even I was reading The Help . This book is so hard to put down. i loved the characters and the many perspectives. Anyone will be able to enjoy this book. This book is original and was a very fast read for me. Definitely keeps you interested to find out what was going to happen. I would have reviewed 5 stars but was disappointed in the ending, it was so final and left you wondering what had happened to Aibeleen. Other than that I would highly recommend the book. i look forward to others from this author.
Sanders

Post by Sanders »

Winnie The Pooh & The House at Pooh Corner by A.A.Milne.
5/5, even though I'm 16, I can never get enough of that silly old bear, and, as corny or stupid as it sounds, the ending always made me feel a little teary-eyed (call me a sentimental fool or a crybaby, I don't care).

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”