What is the last book you read, and your rating?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Alice Festo
Favorite Book: Deceitful Survival
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-festo.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Re: What is the last book you read, and your rating?

Post by Alice Festo »

Sandra Eden's War rated it 4/4
Extraordinary tale of the bravery of secret agents in their fight for liberation during war.
Mishall01
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mishall01 »

The Stand is such a ride. I find myself remembering the characters as if they were people I knew.
It, on the other hand... to hell with that gawtdanged nightmare fuel. I read it. I appreciated it from an intellectual point. If I found a gaggle of idiots burning books, I'd quietly slip It in the flames before admonishing their horrific behavior.
carlavia
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlavia.html
Latest Review: Trinity's Fall by PA Vasey

Post by carlavia »

i just reviewed P.A Vasey's Trinity's Fall. one of the best sci-fi novels i ever read, 4/5
Amynwankwo_
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amynwankwo.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Amynwankwo_ »

Last book I read was After by Anna Todd, I’m a little bit late on this one but I just saw the movie (it was crap like everyone said) and decided to read the book. The movie was such a poor representation of this wildly romantic, fast paced, very intriguing read. I loved reading it!
SenSen
Currently Reading: Never Let Me Go
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sensen.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by SenSen »

I read Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens, and it deserves its high rating. It was well written and the story line was very interesting.
It was so gorgeous it almost felt like sadness. The Lake, Banana Yoshimoto
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Liwa_Lam

Post by Liwa_Lam »

The last book I read was 'we're going to need more wine' by Gabrielle Union.Great book, I related to every situation she went through I give it a 8/10
Fatima Saif
Favorite Book: How To Be Successful
Currently Reading: Make Fitness A Priority
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatima-saif.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Post by Fatima Saif »

I've just read How to be successful and rated it 4/4. As it is a very nice motivational book and a must-read for anyone who wants some motivation.
OB Brian
Currently Reading: Shame Off You
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ob-brian.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventure by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by OB Brian »

Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier. It's a very mesmeric book. I gave it a 4 out of 4 stars rating
Patnandi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patnandi.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Patnandi »

The last book l have just finished reading is, The Juicy Fruit Man by LaMar Going. It is a story of a war veteran who returns home from Vietnam with a bounty of Thai's stick but his counterpart wouldn't let him live in peace because they want to steal it from him. It is also a story of how he copes with the monster of killing during the war. Gave the book a rating of 3/4.
Redlegs
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-redlegs.html

Post by Redlegs »

The Black Tattoo by Sam Enthoven is fantasy targeted at a much younger audience than I am, so I may not be its best arbiter

I did get some laughs from it, as Enthoven has captured the puerile dialogue of teenagers, especially boys, quite well. The story is quite imaginative, although carelessly written and even more poorly edited in places.

The basic plot involves the chance recruitment of two mates, Jack and Charlie, into an organisation dedicated to ridding the world of an entity known as the Scourge, who is, in turn, committed to awaken the Dragon and bring about the end of the Universe.

Teaming up with Esme, another teenager who has been trained by her father all her life to tackle the Scourge, the three teenagers embark on a trip to Hell (accessed through a Fracture located in a pub) and take on all manner of weird monstrosities, including God (short for Godfrey) in a Hell that resembles nothing like the traditional Christian concept.

A nice bit of fun, readers under 15 might quite enjoy this one. 3 stars out of 5
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

The Great Gatsby, F Scott Fitzgerald
Vanhall

Post by Vanhall »

Midnight By Sister Soulja great read urban hard core life lessons a lot of intriguing analogies with the muslem community intetesting and fun
ms_vinkel
Currently Reading: The Stranger
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ms-vinkel.html
Latest Review: Sandra Eden's War by Michael Low

Post by ms_vinkel »

My last read-to-review book is Sandra Eden's War by Mike Low. It's a bit short and I didn't enjoy it that much. But it might be a good pick if you're participating in a reading challenge that has a category of "a book finished in one sitting".
Redlegs
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-redlegs.html

Post by Redlegs »

You Daughters of Freedom by Clare Wright, who is an Associate professor of History at La Trobe University in Melbourne, which is a detailed account of the roles of five remarkable Australian women in achieving women's suffrage in Australia and Britain.

Wright has brilliantly captured the absolute determination, spirit, defiance, organisational skills and dogged persistence of women such as Vida Goldstein, Nellie Martel, Dora Montefiore, Dora Meeson Coates and Muriel Matters, who were all leading pioneers in the suffrage movements in Australia and Britain.

This is a fascinating period of history, covering the latter part of the 19th and the early part of the 20th centuries, and we should all, not just women, be thankful and appreciative for what these women fought so hard for and achieved after much blood, sweat and tears.

4.5 stars out of 5
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

The Great Gatsby, F Scott Fitzgerald
funmilayo_h
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funmilayo-h.html
Latest Review: Battlemind by Michael Waddington

Post by funmilayo_h »

The last book I read was " The mystery of flight 2222" , I gave it a 2 out of 4 stars because I was totally disappointed, had a really good start.
slamas12

Post by slamas12 »

The last book I read was Everything I never told you by Celeste Ng. I enjoyed reading this book. At times it lulled a bit but pick back up. It focus on regrets, lost dreams, and choices. With a very sad ending.I would give this book 7 stars out of 10. Beautifully written.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”