Share a life-changing lesson you have learnt from any book

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Doaa Wael
2017 Reading Goal: 10
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doaa-wael.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Share a life-changing lesson you have learnt from any book

Post by Doaa Wael »

Books are entire universes that we can learn from, share with me a fundamental lesson that has helped you realize/learn something new that almost made a huge life-changing impact on you. It can be something that made you realize a universal truth or a challenge that a character overcame and inspired you to overcome yours, etc.
Imagination Trumps Reality.
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Ana Njeri
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 4
2017 Reading Goal: 30
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 46
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-njeri.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Ana Njeri »

The book the girl with pearl earring by Tracy Chevalier taught me that sometimes love does not have to be expressed it because when it is does get expressed, bad things happen. People get hurt.
A ship is safe in the harbor but that's not what ships are for. So be the person outside the box, get out of your comfort zone, that's the person you want to be.

Juliar252
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliar252.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by Juliar252 »

Never judge people before you know their story.

Florence Nalianya
2019 Reading Goal: 15
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 133
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-nalianya.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Florence Nalianya »

I learned from love and lost by Stella knights that it ain't of any importance to be in a bad relationship cause wether you are the protagonist or antagonist things will finally fall apart. It's better to open up and talk when you have a chance.

shravsi
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Namesake
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shravsi.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by shravsi »

I learned almost everything from books. I am shy. I think twice before talking to others. But reading books, with different personalities, has given me an idea about human personalities. How to behave and understand other people's feelings.

mannatarora
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mannatarora »

Always Cut To The Chase
Life is short, so don’t waste it on chit chat, filler, or other useless sh*t.
Always Move On
Yeah, yeah, I get it. You’re sad. You didn’t get that promotion. No one cares about your product. These things happen. Don’t wish things were different. Just be better next time.
Listen More
Sometimes it’s good to shut up and listen to other people.
Stay Genuine
Just relax and be yourself.
Stop Caring About Bullshit
Yeah, your phone died. So what? There are more important things in life.
Never Stop Learning More About Yourself
Without self-knowledge, we’re living other people’s lives.
Make The Best Out Of Every Situation
Sometimes, life is not good. But you still have to make the best of it. You’ll be dead before you know it.
Always Prepare
No matter how small your next assignment is, come prepared. It’s the difference between an amateur and a pro. Know your sh*t.
Don’t Put Things Off
Difficult conversations, firing people, admitting mistakes, saying you’re sorry. You never really get used to hard things. It’s always better to rip the band-aid. Just get it over with.
Save Your Money
Don’t waste it on “things.” Instead, invest it.
Don’t Ask For Permission
Screw gatekeepers and naysayers. If you believe in something, do it. And if it doesn’t work out, it’s always better to ask for forgiveness.
Pick An Industry, Not A Job
Pick an industry you love and start at the bottom. You will find the perfect role for you eventually.
Lead The Way
You‘re a leader when you decide to become one. There’s no initiation or a title. Just a decision.
Things Are Not What They Seem
If something sounds too good to be true, it is. A little skepticism never hurts.
Exercise Daily
A healthy body is where you have to start everything in life. If you can’t build a healthy and strong body, what can you build in life?
Say Goodbye To People
People come and go. Let people leave if they decide, but never held a grudge.

cheryl_burke
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by cheryl_burke »

Studying books, with exceptional personalities, has given me a concept approximately human personalities. a way to behave and understand different humans' emotions.

Florence Nalianya
2019 Reading Goal: 15
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 133
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-nalianya.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Florence Nalianya »

Doaa Wael wrote:
01 Oct 2017, 06:28
Books are entire universes that we can learn from, share with me a fundamental lesson that has helped you realize/learn something new that almost made a huge life-changing impact on you. It can be something that made you realize a universal truth or a challenge that a character overcame and inspired you to overcome yours, etc.
I learned from love and lost :Thailand by Stella Knights that I should talk when I need to and that I should never settle for less when I deserve the best.

cxsimpson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cxsimpson.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by cxsimpson »

I read a children's book called Each Kindness by Jacqueline Woodson and it changed my thinking. There wasn't a happy ending necessarily, but a realistic one that taught the main character the importance of kindness, even as a child.

DEEPA PUJARI
2019 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deepa-pujari.html
Latest Review: The Immensity of Love by Angel Tann
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by DEEPA PUJARI »

I was very inspired by "Gone with the wind". I liked the fact that whenever Vivien is stuck in problems, which she can't handle she pushes it to the next day. I have really found this very effective. Postponing your worries to the next day helps you tackle them better.

tanner87cbs
2019 Reading Goal: 12
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 225
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanner87cbs.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by tanner87cbs »

How to Define Yourself by Chuck Clifton that I read on the OBC was very insightful. It is all about defining yourself by the way you respond to different stimuli.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”