Books that have made you cry?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.

Ever cried at a book?

Yes
93%
No
7%

Total votes: 2777

Patricelovbooks7
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Books that have made you cry?

Post by Patricelovbooks7 »

This book is really sad, but one of the best books I've ever read...BASKET OF FLOWERS
Joslyn Holmes
Currently Reading: Legacy

Post by Joslyn Holmes »

Oh man I'm just a big softy when it comes to books and movies! But The Way I Use To Be by Amber Smith, Girl In Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow, Red Queen and Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard, and The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas. These books have made me bawl my eyes out. It hurts just thinking about them! :crying-blue:
Hzrachel
Favorite Book: Shield Down
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hzrachel.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Hzrachel »

The maze runner. it was the time when Thomas left Newt in the crank palace
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Smriti Sawal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smriti-sawal.html
Latest Review: My Living Will by John Trautwein
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Smriti Sawal »

There are so many but books especially by Khaled Hosseini always make me cry. His writing style is just fabulous and the way he tells a story is amazing. He captures the pain of a character beautifully.
Durga MS
Favorite Book: Perfect
Currently Reading: Randy the Irresistible
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-durga-ms.html
Latest Review: Perfect by Judi Miller

Post by Durga MS »

It's really easy to make me cry. There are only degrees of how much a book can make me cry. But there are a few books that had me bawling for days straight. I'll mention two winners,
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
Durga MS
Favorite Book: Perfect
Currently Reading: Randy the Irresistible
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-durga-ms.html

Post by Durga MS »

atrixa wrote: 15 Jun 2009, 14:17 Tell us what books have had you bawling like a baby. For me, the only one i can think of is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
Oh yes! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was really difficult to read without crying, for so many reasons.
elouie44
Currently Reading:

Post by elouie44 »

I've cried at a ton of things as I'm pretty emotional but the first book that comes to mind is A Dog's Purpose. IT WAS SO SAD. I cried 4 times, and it wasn't even that long of a book. The only good thing about that is since I was all out of tears during the book I didn't cry at all during the movie.
Elena Nechita
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elena-nechita.html
Latest Review: Zara Hanson & The Mystery of the Painted Symbol by J.L. Haynes

Post by Elena Nechita »

First book that made me cry was The seven husbands of Evelyn Hugo. It's also my all time favourite so I don't know what that says about me :))
Gautami G
Favorite Book: Tell Me Your Dreams
Currently Reading: Atomic Habits
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gautami-g.html
Latest Review: The Mystery Of Flight 2222 by Thomas Neviaser

Post by Gautami G »

It is actually a book written in my mother tongue called 'Manu Baba' by the author 'Sane Guruji'.
AbandonedProfile1
Currently Reading: Where the Crawdads Sing
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annica-steyn.html
Latest Review: Eggstravagant Easter Eggs by Maya Elston

Post by AbandonedProfile1 »

I cried like a baby with 3 of the Harry Potter deaths (D, H & D)...
CoolReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-coolreads.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by CoolReads »

Some of you mentioned The Lovely Bones and P.S. I Love You...thank you for reminding me of these books. Both had me in tears but thankfully these moment were private.

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes had me sobbing publicly in a cafe. I was waiting in the cafe rushing to complete reading the book before I watched the movie. What a great book that was!

In another incident, I swapped driving with my spouse so I could complete reading The Pact by Jodi Picoult. Had me wiping my tears in the midst of busy KL traffic.

The public crying are the ones that stand out most. I'm sure I have missed out other books that I shed tears for in private.
Amynwankwo_
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amynwankwo.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Amynwankwo_ »

All the bright places by Jennifer Niven definitely made me ugly cry! Such a sad story and ending.🥺
Saitejasai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Saitejasai »

Harry potter series is one of my favorite series. These series made me cry. It was really an a heart touching moment. When everyone has been killed by the voldemort. Harry potter and the deathly hallowes. It was really an a emotional moment when Harry has to sacrifice his life. To defeat the horcrox inside him. It really made me cry at that moment. And between the fight the George has been killed. It was another emotional moment. Really the last part of the series is very emotional. I really can't forget the last part of the series.
Courtney Hughes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-courtney-hughes.html
Latest Review: Summer in the City by Kevin Phelps

Post by Courtney Hughes »

Wild by Cheryl Strayed was such a moving and tragic memoir. It made me cry from chapter one until the last page. The author’s journey was a glorious coming-of-age tale that depicted grief, addiction, divorce, and a long distance hike all at once. Add it to your reading list if you like non-fiction!
HRRyan2668

Post by HRRyan2668 »

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

It's cheesy, I know. The loss of a loved one hits me personally so I can admit to ugly crying while reading this book and subjecting myself to it again when I watched the film.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”