What are you reading right now ?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Christine Penny
Currently Reading: Bad Medicine
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christine-penny.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: What are you reading right now ?

Post by Christine Penny »

I am reading "Until the End of the World" it is a post-apocalyptic series, I occasionally read these, in addition to my horror and crime thriller/mysteries. I used to be big on psychology books and self-improvement, but after 20 years of schooling I've decided not to be a therapist and I am sick of psychology, however, I still find books about serial killers, stalkers and other crazy people and how to stay away from them interesting. These books are usually classified as young adult/teen books but I enjoy the ease of just relaxing through them. The best of these apocalyptic thrillers that I have read is "All the Little Children" it is based in England and it is about a mom and her sister trying to keep her kids safe... excellent read.
I get most of my books from Bookbub. at www.bookbub.com it sends you a list of cheap and free books every day and most books are free or 99 cents. My ebooks on my kindle from bookbub have over 700 books.
Ealin
Bookshelf Size: 60

Post by Ealin »

I'm currently participating in a Readathon where you try tp read 7 books for 7 different challenges. I started reading White Cat by Holly Black yesterday for the challenge: A Book that has been on your TBR for a long time. I've had this book for about 3 years now and just never got around to pick it up. But I really like it so far. It's funny and the writing style is great. Though if it does end like I think it will ... well then it's a bit predictable. Hope they are still a few twists that will surprise me.
Yicheng Liu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yicheng-liu.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Yicheng Liu »

The Prize by Geoffrey M. Cooper. It's a science drama centred around vicious office politics as people vie for the Noble Prize for Medicine, it's an interesting read thus far. Haven't finished it yet, but it definitely is engaging and enthralling in how medical details are conveyed.
sbenniche94
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by sbenniche94 »

Currently reading 'White Badge' by Ahn Junghyo. It's a novel about the memories of a Korean soldier in the Vietnam War - really interesting considering I don't know much about the history in that region. It's also great because the author himself translated the novel from Korean to English so I know I'm not missing out on any of the nuances that would have otherwise been lost in translation.
xolorey
Currently Reading: Nightlord Book One
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by xolorey »

Trudging through Glass Sword (Red Queen #2) by Victoria Aveyard. I'm hoping it picks up soon as I'm starting to get that dread-y feeling when I go to pick it up. Never a good sign!

Also starting Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited today. Fingers crossed it's as funny as it advertises!!
daniya__shah3
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniya-shah3.html
Latest Review: Lonely Expiation by Siegfried Finser

Post by daniya__shah3 »

I am reading All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven.
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde
mgosselin137
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mgosselin137.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by mgosselin137 »

I just started reading Sarum by Edward Rutherfurd based on the recommendation of a friend. I am not very far into it yet, but so far it seems well written and the reviews look great.
HaileyBug

Post by HaileyBug »

I am currently reading "Season to Taste" by Natalie Young. It's unique and intriguing. I'm not sure if I love it but it is definitely a good option for those with a need for the macabre and ironic things in life.
lindsaysherlock
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lindsaysherlock.html
Latest Review: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace by Julie Penshorn

Post by lindsaysherlock »

Right now I'm reading A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas. She is one of my favorite authors and I highly recommend all of her books, I also love her Throne of Glass series.
Redlegs
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-redlegs.html

Post by Redlegs »

Next up is some 1953 American sci fi - The Demolished Man by Alfred Bester.
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

The Great Gatsby, F Scott Fitzgerald
Jacki Mac Iver Hill
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: the irrational mind
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacki-mac-iver-hill.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by Jacki Mac Iver Hill »

I'm reading Bound by Michael Campbell. I had planned to read another book, however I decided I needed a "jolt" after the last book I read. :no-spoil:
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't...
You're right!”
:doh:
- Henry Ford

No amount of guilt can change the past.
No amount of anxiety can change the future.
:indubitablysmile:
laurie emma
Currently Reading: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurie-emma.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by laurie emma »

Currently reading The Improbable Wonders of Moojie Littleman by Robin Gregory.
james123
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james123.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by james123 »

I am currently reading Anne Frank's Diary. It is very interesting to read about her life growing up in the secret annexe away from everybody.
elivia05
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elivia05.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by elivia05 »

Bonanzle4Books wrote: 28 May 2009, 14:10 Water for Elephants and it's a great book!
I have read and re-read this book so many times. This is also one of the few book to movie adaptations that I have truly enjoyed.
Yicheng Liu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yicheng-liu.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Yicheng Liu »

james123 wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 18:05 I am currently reading Anne Frank's Diary. It is very interesting to read about her life growing up in the secret annexe away from everybody.
Yep. The Diary of Anne Frank was an incredibly interesting and challenging read, as it does detail how dark a life as a Jewish teenager during the Holocaust was. Definitely food for thought. :(

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”