What us your biggest problem with reading?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
leareiler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leareiler.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Re: What us your biggest problem with reading?

Post by leareiler »

My biggest problem is getting through the beginning of books. The beginnings are probably my least favorite parts, even though I still love them, but I like to get to the action and "meat" of the novel.

kmittag67
Favorite Author: Jim Butcher
Favorite Book: Killing Abel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kmittag67.html
Latest Review: Intwine by Christina Moss
fav_author_id: 2907

Post by kmittag67 »

I have been retired now for two months. I thought that I would be able to read and read whenever I want and all day if I so desire. Alas, that is not the case. I have discovered that I now have a new title....Official dishwasher. Yep, chores are getting in the way of my reading time. I am managing to get in some good reading but it's so hard to have to put down the great book I am reading to do chores. I am able to read more than I did when I was working which is a big positive....there are just so many wonderful books I want to read.
Anyone who has time to clean is not reading nearly enough :wink:

leximutia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leximutia.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by leximutia »

I completely lose focus of my surroundings when I read. I lose track of time, often can't even hear my name being called. I remember being reprimanded by my teacher in elementary school when I kept on reading after class began. I hadn't even noticed!

edztan15
2019 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading: A Crown of Swords (Wheel of Time, #7)
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edztan15.html
Latest Review: Eden's Legions by Peter Andra

Post by edztan15 »

I forget easily if I skipped reading for a day. I have to skim to the previous chapter before I can continue where I left.

tanner87cbs
2019 Reading Goal: 12
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 225
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanner87cbs.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by tanner87cbs »

My biggest problem is getting used to the author's different way of introducing characters and scenery. Sometimes I have read a good portion of the book before I have gathered a mental image. Does anyone else have this issue? Also, some author's use too many chapters and others use too few, does this bother anyone else?

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”